Derry Public Library discussion

Online Book Club Discussion > November: Graveminder by Melissa Marr

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christine (new)

Christine Sharbrough (csharbrough) Get ready for a thrill. This book is a great one for fall - zombies, underworlds, family secrets - fun!

message 2: by Christine (new)

Christine Sharbrough (csharbrough) This is my second reading of this book. I love the whole concept of a grave minder. I find Rebecca a bit too strident in her rejection of her past though. There seems to be a lot we do not know about her in the early stages of the book. Thoughts?

message 3: by Bethany (new)

Bethany (flourchild) | 2 comments After finishing the book, I found it interesting how well the author worked at piecing together Rebecca's past. Rebecca did seem to accept her future quite fast for someone who so wholeheartedly avoids commitment.

message 4: by Christine (new)

Christine Sharbrough (csharbrough) What did you think of the ending? I felt that the last quarter of the book was almost a different book from the rest. I was a bit disappointed by it.

message 5: by Bethany (new)

Bethany (flourchild) | 2 comments Christine wrote: "What did you think of the ending? I felt that the last quarter of the book was almost a different book from the rest. I was a bit disappointed by it."

The ending to me wrapped up very quick (and in a bit too neat of a bow). I still can't shake the feeling that she was planning on a sequel (there were just too many characters she mentioned, started to develop, and then they just disappear).

message 6: by Christine (new)

Christine Sharbrough (csharbrough) I had the same thought. I hope if she does plan a sequel that it's written a bit better.