Darkfever (Fever, #1) Darkfever question

Where are all the good paranormal romances??

Natalie wrote: "I feel like I am going in circles.. I can't seem to find a paranormal romance that really captures me the way Karen Marie Moning's 'Fever' series did, or Jeaniene Frost's 'Night Huntress' series di..."

Christine Feehan has a few fantastic paranormal romance series.

Leopard - shapeshifting

Dark - Vampireish

Game - psychic

Drake sisters - sister witches

Check them out .. I have some reviews posted (I think) but will write something up on another book if you're interested. Let me know!

I just finished Richelle Mead's Succubus Series and loved it.
Other Excellent Series you might check out: Keri Arthur's Riley Jensen Series, Patricia Briggs's Mercy Thompson Series, Illona Andrew's Kate Daniels Series, Jennifer Estep's Elemental Assassin Series. Those are a few that I've enjoyed.

Though these Trilogies are a bit more PG than the Fever series, I loved them none the less.

The Watchers Trilogy
and
Providence, Requiem and Eden by Jamie McGuire

Karen Marie Moning's 'Fever' series is a very good read coz it's very different from the usual paranormal romances. Um, try Nalini Singh's Angel's Blood series? It's ok but not as good as the fever series, but who knows, you might like it :)

oh and it is part one, part two is out but it takes forever to get it up on this sight.

Natalie wrote: "I feel like I am going in circles.. I can't seem to find a paranormal romance that really captures me the way Karen Marie Moning's 'Fever' series did, or Jeaniene Frost's 'Night Huntress' series di..."

Have you tried the Black Dagger Brotherhood?

Vonetta Right on Crystal!!! The Black Dagger Brotherhood series ROCKS!! :)
May 04, 2012 03:25PM · flag

Stephanie (last edited Apr 27, 2012 02:17PM ) Apr 27, 2012 02:17PM   0 votes
Ellien wilks world of the lupi 1st book Tempting Danger

Michielle (last edited Nov 03, 2011 01:00AM ) Nov 03, 2011 12:58AM   0 votes
Yasmine Galenorn "Otherworld" series. There are 3 sisters; Camille, Delilah and Menolly. Each book is written from one sister's point of view at a time. They each have their own loves and adventures. Since each sister has a different personality, her corresponding book does as well.

I'm also a tough customer when it comes to what I read. I'm a paranormal romance/ urban fantasy author and my time is very limited. I'd have to say I'm enjoying Nalini Singh's archangel series...

Jacquelyn Frank has three good series out that are paranormal romances:

Nightwalkers Series ~ Jacob is the first book
Three World Series~ Seduce Me in Dreams #1
Shadowdwellers Series~ Pleasure I believe is the first book

Another favorite author of mine is Patricia Briggs with both her Mercy Thompson Series as well as her Alpha and Omega Series.

Jim Butcher is another author I would recommend for his Dresden Files Series: Book #1 is Storm Front.

I also recommend Ilona Andrews "Kate Daniel's" series and Karen Chance's Cassie Palmer series. They are both great series to get hooked on!

What about Kim Harrison's The Hollows series????? I don't think i have seen it suggested here but it is totally awesome. I would also second anything fromIlona Andrews or Nalini Singh. Also just found a fairly raunchy PR by Sydney Croft. It was very enjoyable:-) also for a bit of fun Shelley Laurenston has the Pride series, it literally makes me laugh out loud and its PR with a new couple every book.

If you liked Moning's Fever series, you ought to check out her Highlander series. A different type of paranormal, but better than her Fever series in my opinion.

Natalie.. have youe tried Jennifer Armintrout? amazing, amazing writer if you do not already know about her give her books a try.

I would have suggested Chicagoland Vampires, since you said you liked fever, but if you say that's not your scene and you don't like any of the authors you mentioned above I don't really know what to recommend...! What DO you like? Apart from those books which by the way I Love! Especially Fever!!!! :)

Have you tried looking more into urban fantasy then Paranormal Romance? To me I'd put KMM's Fever into urban fantasy.

Have you tried Illona Andrew's Kate Daniels series?

I suggest Richelle Mead's "Succubus" series. It's one of the best and one of my favorites.

J.R.Ward's - Black Dagger Brotherhood series (Wrath, Rhage, Z, V, Butch and Thor are among my favorites!!!

Sherrilyn Kenyon - Dark Hunter series (Vamps, Gods, Demons, Weres etc. what more can you ask for)

Rebecca York's - Moon series - first book is "Killing Moon"

the Dark Days series by Jocelynn Drake is amazing.Love/Hate relationship.There's 6 books total and that's it.No waiting for a new book to come out.Although with this series,I would happily wait.I would also agree with Ilona Andrews-Kate Daniels series.Another amzing read

Mithrendiel (last edited Nov 02, 2011 12:45PM ) Nov 02, 2011 12:23PM   0 votes
Have you checked out the Downsite Ghosts series by Stacia Kane? In some ways I'm hesitant to recommend this series to everyone because the main character is profoundly flawed (she's a drug addict), but the series is VERY good if you can get around that, and the romance between Chess and Terrible is the has some of the same violent, powerful intensity we saw between Mac and Barrons.

JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series also has some exceptional books. Her male leads are all very likeable alpha-male types, who are oh so very sexy. This is a more classic romance series where every book deals with another couple, but I loved Lover Unbound, Lover Avenged, Lover Awakened, and Lover Eternal.

There is also some amazing heat and intensity in Carolyn Crane's Dissillusionst series. This romance didn't quite work as well for me though as I didn't feel as connected with the main female character, but the men in the books are incredibly sexy, and the theme is a unique one (hyprocondriacs unite!).

you should really read the black dagger brotherhood series: best books ever!

I highly recommend J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood and Chrisine Feehan's Ghostwalker Series. Both series are well written with great story lines that keep you wanting more. Of course, like all series some books stand out more than others but none have been a disappointment.

Here are my favorite authors Keri Arthur (Riley Jenson series),Christine Feehan (Dark series) Sherrilyn Kenyon (Dark-Hunter series and Chronicles of Nick)

Why not try Forgotten Time, by Lorraine Beaumont.
It's my book, I would love to know what you think.
I am not sure if you would call it paranormal exactly...but it will hopefully take you on a fun adventure through time.

Anyway just a suggestion.

Oh and am doing a giveaway right now if you are interested lbeaumont.blogspot.com love to have you stop by.

Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series is my all time favorite series in this genre. Less urban fantasy, more romance with hot mythological characters. That being said, I'm not the biggest fan of the Fever series, but Cat and Bones rank #2 after IAD. It's hard to find good ones when you have set expectations of a book and are attatched to a certain author or series.

I just finished reading a book by a self-published author that was amazing! I consider myself a tough customer as I am a writer as well but Caroline Hanson's "Love is Darkness" (available on Kindle) has easily earned a position in my top ten. Her second book is coming out Dec. 15th.

Cher I second the Dark Days series!
Jun 14, 2012 01:19PM · flag