Ask Lisa See! discussion

Do you hope that more of your books will be turned into movies?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Almantė (Ravenclaw_of_Shire) (almantina) | 2 comments I have read only two of your books, the ones we have translated into Lithuanian and liked both, so I'm very happy that one of them became a movie. I hope I could see it as well :) keep on doing such great work, I will always support you :) Yours faithfully, Almante

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa See | 81 comments Mod
Hello to you in Lithuania!!! How fun that you've joined all of us here today. I sure love GoodReads for that!

Yes, I hope that more of my books will be turned into films. A film is always different from a book, but a film can expose my books to new readers and create new conversations, as we're doing here.

Almantė (Ravenclaw_of_Shire) (almantina) | 2 comments I wish you all the best

message 4: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine (library_gal) | 1 comments Hi, Lisa! I've read "Snowflower", "Shanghai Girls", "Peony in Love", and "Dreams of Joy". I've loved them all. Has there been any talk of making "Shanghai Girls" into a film?

message 5: by Staedler (new)

Staedler | 1 comments I've read almost all of your books. I am fascinated by the concept of taking your culture and ancestry into a fiction format that people can learn from. I am of the Italian heritage and wish there was an author like you who could educate us the same way you have.

Sharon/ LFrog1386 (lfrog1386) | 32 comments Staedler-maybe it should be you! :)

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lorraine wrote: "Hi, Lisa! I've read "Snowflower", "Shanghai Girls", "Peony in Love", and "Dreams of Joy". I've loved them all. Has there been any talk of making "Shanghai Girls" into a film?"

Not so far.

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Staedler wrote: "I've read almost all of your books. I am fascinated by the concept of taking your culture and ancestry into a fiction format that people can learn from. I am of the Italian heritage and wish the..."

You bring up an interesting point. I suppose that most of the novels about Italian Americans are about the mafia. I'm thinking of Mario Puzo and The Godfather. That certainly wasn't most people's experience.

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Sharon/ LFrog1386 wrote: "Staedler-maybe it should be you! :)"

That's what I was thinking too.

Sharon/ LFrog1386 (lfrog1386) | 32 comments I like novels about foreign places including Italy, so novels like Under the Tuscan Sun and even Eat, Pray, Love are nice. But Staedler is right, I have never heard of an historical fiction novel about Italy. I am not even Italian but I would definitely be interested by it!