This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

time off

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kasia (new)

Kasia What do you people do with your holidays? I have accumulated some and have no clue what to do with it. Some suggestions please?

I welcome whacked out, dangerous, crazy ideas. However, take under consideration it's winter time...

message 2: by Monkey (new)

Monkey (reydemono) How much time? that's a big factor and the difference between getting drunk in your living room and joining an archaeological dig.

message 3: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Help spread the occupy Wall Street movement to Warsaw.

message 4: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Rusty wrote: "Well, if she's cool with unhygienic conditions and likely molestation, that opens up all sorts of holiday activities............."

Arkansas?

message 5: by Rusty (last edited Nov 02, 2011 11:54AM) (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Precisely. Just tell them Rusty sent you.

Kasia, you could also:

Go ice fishing, snowmobiling, visit one of those crazy-ass hotels made of ice, collect Poland's best horror novels (in English) and send them to me, visit historical sites, make a documentary film as you travel the country asking people about the new Canadian national symbol, visit your friends in Indiana. Or you can tell everyone you've gone, but in reality, you lock yourself in your apartment and read, watch movies, and create some sort of art with all the teapots you've destroyed.

message 6: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Start raising meat-rabbits!

http://www.motherearthnews.com/sustai...

message 7: by Monkey (new)

Monkey (reydemono) smetchie wrote: "Start raising meat-rabbits!

http://www.motherearthnews.com/sustai..."

You're not supposed to give them names if you're going to eat them.

or will these 2 "escape" as well?

message 8: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments You can still name them. I hear they taste better if they are happy and calm at the moment of execution.

message 9: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments What is it?

message 10: by Kasia (new)

Kasia foxy boxing... I like my pretty face way too much.

message 11: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Monkey wrote: "How much time? that's a big factor and the difference between getting drunk in your living room and joining an archaeological dig."

How much time? 14 days, but I want to save some for the move...

message 12: by Kasia (new)

Kasia smetchie wrote: "Start raising meat-rabbits!

http://www.motherearthnews.com/sustai..."

Hate rabbits. I can eat them, but someone else would have to do the raising. (Have some bad memories of living with the 2 of those for over a year. I get nightmares till this day)

message 13: by Kasia (last edited Nov 03, 2011 03:11AM) (new)

Kasia Rusty - I'm taking notes. Liked most of the ideas thus far. And yeah, unhygienic conditions and likely molestation are... welcome (?). Heh

message 14: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Where are you moving?

message 15: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Ah just from one apartment to the other, but I'll have to put in floors and tiles, kitchen and bathroom etc - everything from the scratch. So that's gonna be a hustle. Major pain in the butt.

For now I'm thinking: holidays. Something craaaazy.

message 16: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Bourbon Street is crazy, on the right holidays. And hardly any shootings!

message 17: by Monkey (new)

Monkey (reydemono) Tom wrote: "Bourbon Street is crazy, on the right holidays. And hardly any shootings!"

I hear the flooding is nice this time of year

message 18: by Monkey (new)

Monkey (reydemono) Libya! I bet it's real nice now!
you might have to wear a head scarf though.

message 19: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments I've always wanted to go to Toledo, Spain. It's great if you're interested in history, architecture, etc.

You could also go for a polar swim. I don't know if you're familiar with this - it's swimming with fat people in friged water, not swimming with actual polar bears. While the latter would be aesthetically more appealing, it would also be much more fatal.

message 20: by Kasia (last edited Nov 10, 2011 08:06AM) (new)

Kasia Much more fatal... that's the way to go about it.

PS> All good ideas. I'm compiling a list and puting on file: TO-DO

message 21: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Monkey wrote: "Tom wrote: "Bourbon Street is crazy, on the right holidays. And hardly any shootings!"

I hear the flooding is nice this time of year"

We didn't see any flooding, and there was only the one shooting*.

*One shooting incident. Multiple people were shot.

message 22: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Nice with the footnote there Tom

message 23: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Re Yuma - quite honestly, I'd love to go. Bring on Yuma, like in that western, right? Love it.