Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) Halfway to the Grave discussion

Night Huntress series

Comments Showing 1-50 of 127 (127 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim Any good? What did you think??

What are other good series? Paranormal, romance, humor, action ....I up for anything ...

Tracey Smith I've read the first three books, about to start #4. I'm hooked!

HStevey310 READ READ READ READ!!!!! you wont regret it!!!!! and read the Night Huntress World books too!! and Frosts anthologies!!!! pretty much anything Jeaniene Frost!!!!!!

Jules I enjoyed the Night Huntress series quite a bit until the last few that have come out.
Ilona Andrews' Kate Daniels series is really good. Another series that I really enjoyed was Vikki Petterson's Sign of the Zodiac series.
Others: Seanan McGuire's October Daye series
Gena Showalter's Lords of the Underworld is good for the Romance/Paranormal genre
Patricia Briggs's Mercy Thompson series
Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series is also pretty good on the romance front
Jenna Black's Morgan Kingsley series is decent

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ I love the Night Huntress Series! I can't say enough about Cat and Bones!

message 6: by C.C. (last edited Nov 03, 2011 03:33AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.C. Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost - Hilarious and action packed! Praises for Cat and Bones! :))

Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward - Addicting Series

Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill - (I cant place why I like this book. :P )

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead - Kick ass female

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ I also love The Black Dagger Brotherhood!

C.C. Angie wrote: "I also love The Black Dagger Brotherhood!"

Who doesn't? lol *high five sister mine :))

Jules I used to love the BDB, but lately I have gotten a bit bored by them. I keep hoping they will get better again. How is the other Ward series? Fallen Angels?
I have been enjoying Devon Monk's Allie Beckstrom novels.

message 10: by Dani (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dani Harper Just read the first book in the Night Huntress series and now I'm wondering where it's been all my life. WOW, WOW and did I say WOW? Bones RULES!

Love the BDB, just finished Lover Mine. It was a great wrap up of everyone's issues, powerful resolution for both John and Xhex.

Ketty I just started the book and so I've laughed a few times, always a good sign. I also read the first book in the Mercedes Thompson series and I'm hooked HARD!

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ Jules wrote: "I used to love the BDB, but lately I have gotten a bit bored by them. I keep hoping they will get better again. How is the other Ward series? Fallen Angels?
I have been enjoying Devon Monk's ..."

I actually love the Fallen Angels Series! It's not the same love I have for the Brothers but it still ranks pretty high in my books.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ Ketty wrote: "I just started the book and so I've laughed a few times, always a good sign. I also read the first book in the Mercedes Thompson series and I'm hooked HARD!"

I'm a fan of Mercy Thompson Series too!

Ketty Angie wrote: "Ketty wrote: "I just started the book and so I've laughed a few times, always a good sign. I also read the first book in the Mercedes Thompson series and I'm hooked HARD!"

I'm a fan of Mercy Thom..."

Which book are you up to? I started #2, but am currently reading too many things to give it much attention right now.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ I've read the whole series at least three times thru already but waiting for the paperback version of Rivermarked to read.

Tracey Smith I've not read the BDB series yet, but I'm about to start Lord of the Vampires (Royal House of Shadows, #1) (Harlequin Nocturne, #119) by Gena Showalter

Spgmt *Paula* I am currently on book 5 of the Night Huntress Series, I have really enjoyed it and has had me in giggles in some parts, but I have read them so quickly that I have got a bit bored with it so I am taking a break and will go back to it.

I love BDB and have read all them and I really liked Gena Showalter - Lords Of The Underworld Series, I am now looking around for something else to start (I am a glutton for punishment lol).

Sarah I agree, my favorite series is The Black dagger Brotherhood, but Night Huntress is now my second!! So good, fast paced, not too much sex (but very good whenit is!), tons of action......A MUST READ!!!!

message 19: by C.C. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.C. Sarah wrote: "I agree, my favorite series is The Black dagger Brotherhood, but Night Huntress is now my second!! So good, fast paced, not too much sex (but very good whenit is!), tons of action......A MUST READ!!!!"

Alright! a fellow BDB and Night Huntress lover! :D

Sarah Crystal wrote: "Sarah wrote: "I agree, my favorite series is The Black dagger Brotherhood, but Night Huntress is now my second!! So good, fast paced, not too much sex (but very good whenit is!), tons of action......."

Yay us :)

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ The BDB are awesome!

Cindy I love this whole series. Also can rec: The Hollows series starting with Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison or Glass House by Rachel Caine....and Love the series by Chloe Neill starting with Some Girls Bite. I love to Look at the site called http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk for wonderful exploration of writers and their books.

Jules I agree with the Hollows series. I have also been enjoying that one as well.

Jules Richelle Mead's Dark Swan navels are pretty good.
Used to LOVE the Dark Hunter books by Sherrilyn Kenyon, but gave up on them after Acheron's story. They just got so repetative.
I like Carrie Vaughn's Kitty Norville series.
Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series is another good one.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ The Hollows is another favorite series for me! I'm also a fan of Patricia Briggs's Mercy Thompson and the Alpha/Omega Series too!

Cindy Can also suggest Lynsay Sands "Argeneau" vampire series and also ANYTHING by Katie MacAlister. Amanda Ashley, Deborah Cooke does a good Pyre series and if you like tongue in cheek check out Minda Webber: The Reluctant Miss Van Helsing. Could go on and on...

Spgmt *Paula* Cindy wrote: "Can also suggest Lynsay Sands "Argeneau" vampire series and also ANYTHING by Katie MacAlister. Amanda Ashley, Deborah Cooke does a good Pyre series and if you like tongue in cheek check out Minda ..."

Thanks Cindy will check them out this morning, always like looking a new stuff but your not helping my reading addiction lol !!

Spgmt *Paula* Cindy wrote: "I love this whole series. Also can rec: The Hollows series starting with Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison or Glass House by Rachel Caine....and Love the series by Chloe Neill starting with Some ..."

That link is really helpful, know what I am doing this morning lol.

Spgmt *Paula* Jules wrote: "Richelle Mead's Dark Swan navels are pretty good.
Used to LOVE the Dark Hunter books by Sherrilyn Kenyon, but gave up on them after Acheron's story. They just got so repetative.
I like Carri..."

I totally agree about the Dark Hunter books, I too found them a tad repetative.

Have not heard of Women Of The Otherworld is it any good?

Fangs for the Fantasy I would advise the Women of the Otherworld series - it's veyr flexible because the protagonist shifts and each brings their own unique stories

Jules I would agree with Fangs for Fantasy about the Women of the Otherworld series. The first one can be a bit slow to get into, but after you do, the series just catches you. There have only been one or two that have been what I would consider "good" and not "great" reads. I find her books entertaing AND well writen.

Like Spgmt *Paula* I too have an addiction with books and I have WAY to many authors that I follow which is why when one series gets a bit too repetative, I just end up giving up on them and reading one that is still pumping out a good book.
I used to love Hamilton's Anita Blake series. The first few books are so chilling and well written. After about book 10, I stopped buying them and would pick them up at the library if I saw them. Now, I have totally given up. Too much repetition.

Spgmt *Paula* I am a nightmare for that Jules, I have so many fave authors that I am sure I end up missing their books, where I am waiting for the next to come out and forgotten about them.

Think I need to organise a shelf for all the book ones so I dont forget the rest lol!!

I do get bored very easily, but I do always eventually finish the series. I will check these out and Hamilton's Anita Blake series, not heard of that either, I must have been living in a box or something lol.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ I need to read Magic Graves before reading the Reckoning that comes out on 28th of this month for Frost.

Jules Rachel Vincent's Shifter's series is pretty good as well. I think it only lasted 5-7 books. The first I believe is Stray.

Spgmt *Paula* Jules wrote: "Rachel Vincent's Shifter's series is pretty good as well. I think it only lasted 5-7 books. The first I believe is Stray."

Ohh thanks Jules will check that out too, not good bank balance in serious jeopardy lol !!!

Jules :-)

message 37: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim OK what about Lilly Bard mysteries by Charlaine Harris??

Anyone read those?

Spgmt *Paula* Jules wrote: ":-)"

Just checked out Rachel Vincents Shifter Series, looks quite good so got it on my wish list.

Have not heard of the Lilly Bard Mysteries, will have a look.

I have decided my next series I want to start is The Envy Chronicles by Joss Ware, looks quite good, bit rude too which always helps lol !!!

Johnna The Lily Bard mysteries were ok, not her best work. I did end reading them all though. Great character development, ok plots throughout. If you read all of the Sookie Stackhouse series she mentions the main character Lily in one of the later books, I believe. The shifters series is good, so are most of the ones mentioned here.

Spgmt *Paula* Fangs for the Fantasy wrote: "I would advise the Women of the Otherworld series - it's veyr flexible because the protagonist shifts and each brings their own unique stories"

I have checked the Women of the Otherworld out, looks really good although it is expensive for me to buy its $13.21 for the kindle, is it worth it? or do you recommend I wait a bit for it to go down, hate paying lots for a book and its a quick read.. (got my moany head on lol).

Spgmt *Paula* Johnna wrote: "The Lily Bard mysteries were ok, not her best work. I did end reading them all though. Great character development, ok plots throughout. If you read all of the Sookie Stackhouse series she mentions..."

Have you read The Envy Chronicles ?

Johnna Oooh, no I haven't. Are they good? Who writes them? I liked Kelley Armstrong's books. I got behind and haven't caught back up yet. I have the first 5 in paperback or I'd email you a copy.

Spgmt *Paula* Joss Ware writes The Envy Chronicles, I have not read them yet but they have been recommended by a few people, I like a book with a bit of sizzle in lol !!

Johnna Its almost a requirement for me. I live my life vicariously through my books so they have to have more excitement than me or its not cool. Im not a big fan of reality in books. I mean if I wanted re4ality I'd watch the news, right? I like sizzle and outlandishness and romance and men you can count on. Fiction.

Spgmt *Paula* lol I am the same, I live through books, I read most books but I can not stand true story stuff, its just not for me I am not knocking it, (I am like that with movies, books etc) I don't really want to know whats going on in the real world, there is enough of that in the news lol, I have my own little world and I am happy in it..

I know 'sad', my husbands quite happy for me to have my little world stops me annoying him and the kids.

message 46: by Spgmt *Paula* (last edited Nov 10, 2011 12:23AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Spgmt *Paula* Johnna wrote: "Its almost a requirement for me. I live my life vicariously through my books so they have to have more excitement than me or its not cool. Im not a big fan of reality in books. I mean if I wanted r..."

Ruder the better I say lol !!! As long as its a good story of course.

Johnna Or has good sex. Whichever. I will overlook a lot for good sex scenes.

Spgmt *Paula* lol yeah make you right, you should check out some of the books I have been reading lately *panting & fanning herself down*

Johnna Im a member of the Kindle Smut group. You need not explain.

Spgmt *Paula* oohhh perhaps thats something I should look into *snicker snicker*

I am sure Amazon looks at my account and puts a tick against smutty bird lol..

« previous 1 3