Creative Reviews discussion

Athena's Promise (Aegean Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about Athena's Promise
Exciting News > Holy cow!

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Annetta Ribken (msnetta) | 34 comments "Athena's Promise" was released 10/28 and there are already four five-star reviews!

OMG I am so relieved. *phew*

What a nerve-wracking process, releasing a book. And what a rush! :)

message 2: by Darian (new)

Darian Wilk Nerve wracking indeed lol, congrats on the reviews, you should feel proud!

Annetta Ribken (msnetta) | 34 comments Thanks, Darian. I am -- and humbled, too, you know? I'm trying to savor the moment but not get caught up in it. To me, it's important to finish the next one, then the next one...rinse and repeat. :)

But outside validation, finally, after all this time and work? Yeah. I'm definitely loving this part.

message 4: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Annetta wrote: ""Athena's Promise" was released 10/28 and there are already four five-star reviews!

OMG I am so relieved. *phew*

What a nerve-wracking process, releasing a book. And what a rush! :)"

Congratulations!!! You must be so proud! What a great feeling! So cool. :)

message 5: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 979 comments I totally get the trepidation and relief lol. You can't trust the opinions of friends and family unless they are critical lol.

Splitter

message 6: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments very true Splitter.

message 7: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Clement (jaclement) | 1328 comments Nice one Annetta! Glad to hear it's going well...*
JAC

*FOUR five-stars in 3 days?? Holy cow!!

message 8: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) J.A. wrote: "Nice one Annetta! Glad to hear it's going well...*
JAC

*FOUR five-stars in 3 days?? Holy cow!!"

I second that... took me six months to get that same result...
Way to go, Annetta! :-D

message 9: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) Congrats Annetta!

Annetta Ribken (msnetta) | 34 comments Thanks, everybody! I'm really happy with the way AP has been received...and very grateful. Now all I have to do is write Book 2 -- "Athena's Chains". No pressure. Heh.

message 11: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments you can do it Annetta! one word at a time. :)

message 12: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) Cambria wrote: "you can do it Annetta! one word at a time. :)"

4 pages a day (1000 words) 5 days a week and you'll be done in no time (a la Dean Wesley Smith - I'm less regular, but I know I'll finish my first draft by the end of the month even if I don't keep a daily wordcount) ;-)

This is for all writers, BTW! 1000 words (4 pages) a day 5 days a week is 3 or 4 books a year... do the math...

Happy writing!

message 13: by Chrystalla (new)

Chrystalla This is great - positive thinking! :) I am also pushing to get my 50K done by the end of the month.

message 14: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) Chrystalla wrote: "This is great - positive thinking! :) I am also pushing to get my 50K done by the end of the month."

You're NaNoWriMo-ing... do it all year round! ;-)

message 15: by Chrystalla (new)

Chrystalla I try! :) But NaNo pushes me more.

message 16: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (Greeneyez2012) So truly exciting!!!

Annetta Ribken (msnetta) | 34 comments Thanks :) It's up to seven *five star* reviews, and I'm just gobsmacked. I try not to check obsessively, but it's difficult. Heh.

message 18: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (Greeneyez2012) Annetta wrote: "Thanks :) It's up to seven *five star* reviews, and I'm just gobsmacked. I try not to check obsessively, but it's difficult. Heh."
Please keep us updated!
It's exciting to hear about a members great news!