Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Previous BRs - Authors; A - D > Ill Wind by Rachel Caine

Comments Showing 1-50 of 87 (87 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lisarenee (last edited Nov 02, 2011 04:32AM) (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Ill Wind (Weather Warden, #1) by Rachel Caine
This topic is now open for discussion of Ill Wind by Rachel Caine. It is the first book of our featured group series read,the Weather Warden. Be prepared for SPOILERS.

Good Reads Synopsis:
Joanne Baldwin is a Weather Warden. Usually, all it takes is a wave of her hand to tame the most violent weather. But now, she's trying to outrun another kind of storm: accusations of corruption and murder. So, she's resorting to the very human tactic of running for her life...

Her only hope is Lewis, the most powerful warden known. Unfortunately, he's stolen not one but three bottles of Djinn-making him the most wanted man on earth. Still, she's racing hard to find him-before the bad weather closes in fast...

message 2: by Lisarenee (last edited Nov 14, 2011 07:31AM) (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments

Date Chapter(s) Pages Questions/Comments
November 15 1 1 - 71
November 16 2 72 - 132
November 17 3 133 - 217
November 18 4 218 - 272
November 19 5 273 - 336

message 3: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Reserved.

message 4: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Reserved.

message 5: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ I read this a few months ago and loved it. Definitely something new and different from what is currently available. I have book 2 on my list to read for November.

message 6: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Barbara, We'll be reading the whole series, hopefully. So far we haven't gotten too many people saying they're going to read this one.

message 7: by Jex (new)

Jex (jexball) | 2227 comments I picked it up from the library. I'll at least read the first one. The description doesn't give a real feel for the book and I haven't really heard much about it, so going in with an open mind and going to see what its all about.

message 8: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 2744 comments Me too!

message 9: by Vi (new)

Vi | 1421 comments I gobbled up the whole series in a few days (during a looong weekend) sometime last year. Luckily, the last book was released soon after. I'll chime in on the discussions now and then. The series is good!

message 10: by Sashana (new)

Sashana Vi wrote: "I gobbled up the whole series in a few days (during a looong weekend) sometime last year. Luckily, the last book was released soon after. I'll chime in on the discussions now and then. The series i..."

Would you classify this as UF or PNR?

message 11: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) I'll join in guys...I love Rachel Caine's Morganville Vampires series!

message 12: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 303 comments I'm hoping to get a chance to reread this. I've got a bunch of other books in front of it though for signings and challenges and things. I've read up to book 8 so I'm likely to pop in and out a bit.

message 13: by Vi (new)

Vi | 1421 comments Sashana wrote: "Vi wrote: "I gobbled up the whole series in a few days (during a looong weekend) sometime last year. Luckily, the last book was released soon after. I'll chime in on the discussions now and then. T..."

I would say it is UF not PNR. Romance is a sub-plot but definitely not the main plot of this story.

message 14: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments I listed the chapter break downs, there are only 5 chapters in the whole book.

message 15: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 2744 comments Biiiiiig chapters!

message 16: by Sashana (new)

Sashana I'll take the last day. Those chapters are looking pretty lengthy.

message 17: by Sashana (new)

Sashana Anomander wrote: "Biiiiiig chapters!"

haha someone's excited :D

message 18: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments I know, but I didn't know how to break down the chapters because some people have eBooks.

message 19: by Sashana (new)

Sashana Lisarenee wrote: "I know, but I didn't know how to break down the chapters because some people have eBooks."

Yu did a great job. I wouldn't want to stop in the middle of the chapter.

message 20: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 303 comments Lisarenee wrote: "I listed the chapter break downs, there are only 5 chapters in the whole book."

There are only five chapters??? I've gotta say I've read it several times and never noticed. Says a lot for the story as I tend to read by chapter :)

message 21: by Vi (new)

Vi | 1421 comments Yeah, 5 chapters is news to me too! Looking forward to the discussion.

message 22: by Sashana (last edited Nov 14, 2011 07:52PM) (new)

Sashana I know we haven't officially started yet but before I get too deep into this book can someone please tell me what a Djinn is? Is it a genie?

message 23: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 2744 comments Yep, its a genie.

message 24: by Jex (new)

Jex (jexball) | 2227 comments In Muslim legend, a spirit often capable of assuming human or animal form and exercising supernatural influence over people. (stated next to a picture of a genie).

I'm guessing genie...

message 25: by Sashana (new)

Sashana Thanks, guys. I didn't want to read too far in and still be unsure.

message 26: by Lisarenee (last edited Nov 15, 2011 05:08AM) (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Questions for Chapter 1

1) Well someone stole my first question *glares at Sashana* (Seriously, just kidding but couldn't resist). My guess it's a Genie as well. So what do you think of the first encounter with a Djinn? He obviously is restricted by his master, but if released it sounded like he/she could reak havoc on the world. I have to admit I was a little confused by the first mentioning of the Djinn at the beginning of the book. Wasn't sure if the "Owning Your First Djinn" excerpt was actually part of this book or not. The numbering of pages started with Chapter One. Did everyones book have that excerpt at the beginning?

2) Why would someone need more than one Djinn?

3) First impression of the Weather Wardens?

4) If you could be a weather warden which element would you wish to control?

5) We know Joanne (Jo) killed Bad Bob, but why? Any ideas?

6) First thoughts of Paul? Sounds like Jo has quite a few guys who like her. Should she have kissed him? I thought she liked him, but he didn't know it. By the end of their encounter I wasn't sure.

7) Did this first chapter capture your interest? Did it feel as long as it was or did it seem to come to an end too quickly?

message 27: by Sashana (last edited Nov 15, 2011 11:05AM) (new)

Sashana Answers for Chapter 1

1) Well someone stole my first question *glares at Sashana* (Seriously, just kidding but couldn't resist). My guess it's a Genie as well. So what do you think of the first encounter with a Djinn? He obviously is restricted by his master, but if released it sounded like he/she could reak havoc on the world. I have to admit I was a little confused by the first mentioning of the Djinn at the beginning of the book. Wasn't sure if the "Owning Your First Djinn" excerpt was actually part of this book or not. The numbering of pages started with Chapter One. Did everyones book have that excerpt at the beginning?
*cackles* I had to ask from the beginning because it threw me off :).At first I thought it (and by “it” I mean all the talk about Djins) was an excerpt from another book. Then I thought it was some type of weird acknowledgment. But I finally caught on and realized it was a part of the story.

Maybe for more power. We haven’t heard from Lewis yet but I’m guessing he needs more than one Djin for protection since he’s on the run.

They’re very powerful and there is a clear hierarchy. I hate that they kill you if you can’t control your power and I hate that they can take away your power. No one should have that much power and authority to take away something you were born with.

Earth and fire wouldn’t interest me because they seem so limited. Even though air and water seems much more dangerous I would rather have that talent.

I have two theories: (a)He was after he power and attempted to get it. (b) He was after her body and he attempted to get it.

6) First thoughts of Paul? Sounds like Jo has quite a few guys who like her. Should she have kissed him? I thought she liked him, but he didn't know it. By the end of their encounter I wasn't sure.
I’m surprised that she said she loves him. When she flashbacks to Lewis she always shows interest in him. This could be a possible love triangle here. But I think Paul sounds sexy, if she passes on him then I’ll take him ;)

7) Did this first chapter capture your interest? Did it feel as long as it was or did it seem to come to an end too quickly?
It captured my attention but I was expecting more action because of all the feedback I’ve been getting. It was a long chapter but luckily I started last night.

message 28: by Sashana (last edited Nov 15, 2011 11:10AM) (new)

Sashana @Ano and Jex: Do you guys know which days you want to do your discussion questions?

message 29: by Jex (last edited Nov 15, 2011 09:03PM) (new)

Jex (jexball) | 2227 comments Sashana wrote: "@Ano and Jex: Do you guys know which days you want to do your discussion questions?"

I won't be doing questions this time. I'm going to Vegas this weekend and foresee myself getting very far behind in my reading :-P. I leave in 2 days!

message 30: by Jex (last edited Nov 15, 2011 09:12PM) (new)

Jex (jexball) | 2227 comments Questions for Chapter 1

The excerpt confused me too. I probably would have skipped over it if Sashana hadn't asked about Djinn on here. As for the incredibly power, I kept picturing Jafar as a genie (you know from Aladdin?) when I was reading about their power.

To protect more then one place? Greater access to tap into their power? Maybe having more then one means you can tap into all their power at once? Although it's interesting that Lewis took 3 Djinn and can control all 3 types of elements. Coincidence?

They're interesting. I'd like to hear more about the fire and earth users, which I'm sure will happen eventually. At least it's something different (paranormal wise) then what I've been reading lately.

Fire! Actually I don't know. They'd all be interesting to use. Air could be fun to control. But then again, being a weather warden there are too many restrictions on how you can use your power. I just want air control so I can move things with the wind and not have to get up to get them :-P

I think Bad Bob was involved in something well...bad. Jo probably found out about it or wouldn't join up or something and she had to protect herself.

Sounds like they had an almost relationship...they both wanted it but it hadn't happened. Jo sounds like a heartbreaker, but then again, they only mention 2 guys, so who knows.

With the chapter being broken up into sections it wasn't too bad. I really don't like super long chapters simply because I need stopping points when I'm reading at work. This wasn't terrible. I feel we got a lot of back-story in this chapter and I want to know more about this demon mark.

Now...off to read more of the book in hopes of getting tomorrows reading done since I can't read at work tomorrow.

message 31: by Jex (new)

Jex (jexball) | 2227 comments @Sashana

#3 - I completely agree! I think that the council has way too much power. By deciding who gets power and who doesn't they are basically deciding who lives and who dies. How are you really supposed to know who is good and bad at such a young age?

#6 - You crack me up.

message 32: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Chapter 2 Questions
1) Yet another fellow in Jo's life? Who is this mysterious David? Is he the Djinn that Rahel was talking of??? Jo kept saying he was powerful.

2) We don't know all there is to know about being Demon Marked. How does one become Demon Marked, what exactly happens to the individual who bears the mark, etc. Do you think Bad Bob had something to do with it?

3) I'm guessing Jo is feeling a bit like Eyore at the moment. Always under a storm cloud. It cracks me up. Do you think the majority of the council is behind it?

4) Lewis says Jo is something, but what? She's more than just a typical warden? Could she be part Djinn? Is that why she doesn't need one according to Bad Bob?

5) What did you think of Lewis? Seems like there are some sparks going off between Lewis and Jo. Now that people are after Jo too, do you think she and Lewis will become an item?

6) Was David gone from the room in the morning? What did you think of his sudden departure?

7) So of all the characters so far who do you find the most interesting?

8) So communicating via radio or salt. Which did you like better?

9) So of the three guys we've met so far, which do you like best?

10) Do you think David was following Jo or were they headed in the same direction?

message 33: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 2744 comments Questions for Chapter 1

Yep, mine did too. I wasn't confused because I've read a book that started this way. Can't remember which, though.

He didn't need that many, I think. He just grabbed as many as he could.

Didn't like em at all. Too powerful for their own good.

Hello, I'm Lewis!

I think he had the demon mark on him, remember he had red streaks in his aura? The demon probably made him paranoid. Plus she may have found out the first storm that he stopped was of his own making. All just theories.

I know!! I want one. Nah, they wouldn't have suited.

It got me interested.

message 34: by Jex (last edited Nov 16, 2011 10:15PM) (new)

Jex (jexball) | 2227 comments 1) Yet another fellow in Jo's life? Who is this mysterious David? Is he the Djinn that Rahel was talking of??? Jo kept saying he was powerful.

Jo seems to think of nothing but boys. It kind of gets annoying real quick. I don't think he's a Djinn, but I thing there's definitely something special about David.

2) We don't know all there is to know about being Demon Marked. How does one become Demon Marked, what exactly happens to the individual who bears the mark, etc. Do you think Bad Bob had something to do with it?

Most likely yes. Bad Bob probably got power hungry and tried to get Jo's power somehow. That's my guess.

3) I'm guessing Jo is feeling a bit like Eyore at the moment. Always under a storm cloud. It cracks me up. Do you think the majority of the council is behind it?

I don't think it's the council. They would have caught her by now if they were able to find her location with the storms and what not. I think there's something worse after her.

4) Lewis says Jo is something, but what? She's more than just a typical warden? Could she be part Djinn? Is that why she doesn't need one according to Bad Bob?

I guess that's a possibility. I think she doesn't need a Djinn just because her powers are so much more then your average warden. I have this weird feeling we're going to find out that Lewis and Jo are related or test babies or something.

5) What did you think of Lewis? Seems like there are some sparks going off between Lewis and Jo. Now that people are after Jo too, do you think she and Lewis will become an item?

Their banter doesn't ring sparks in the romantic sense to me. They seem more like siblings then romantic partners in the way they tease each other and seem to take care of each other. There isn't that sexual tension that Jo seems to have with every other guy.

6) Was David gone from the room in the morning? What did you think of his sudden departure?

He'll be back. I think whatever he did to Jo probably drained him of whatever power he has. When Jo described Lewis after using his power, all worn out, it made me thing it was probably and equivalent to how David was after he ...well...whatever he did to Jo.

Lewis seems the most interesting to me because he's a phenomenon with his extra power. I also feel like he holds a lot of the answers that we're looking for in what happens next. Although I like David's flippant I know what's going to happen attitude and how he seems to be able to control Jo in his own ways.

Salt is more fun, but it makes a mess. It's interesting the way the author chooses to have them communicate.

I don't know. Lewis is the most interesting, David I want answers on what he is, and Paul seems a bit whipped.

10) Do you think David was following Jo or were they headed in the same direction?

Following. I think he's a critical part of the story and there's a lot more to tell then what's been said already.

message 35: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 2744 comments Chapter 2 Questions
1) Yet another fellow in Jo's life? Who is this mysterious David? Is he the Djinn that Rahel was talking of??? Jo kept saying he was powerful.

Yep, he's the Djinn.

Yeah, I was reading the reviews for this series and people complained that they were doled out info in small amounts. I still think Bob gave her the mark.

Nah, its someone else. I hope it isn't Lewis.

Dunno!

Nah, they don't go together either.

I think he was around, just not visible.

David! He's cute.

Salt, definitely. no batteries, you see?

David!

A bit of both, I guess. I think David's brother, if there's any, may turn out to be Lewis' djinn.

message 36: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 2744 comments So since I have time, I'm thinking of making up the next batch of questions today.

message 37: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 303 comments I must say having already read the book, I'm loving reading all your answers :)

message 38: by Sashana (new)

Sashana Anomander wrote: "So since I have time, I'm thinking of making up the next batch of questions today."

That'd be great, Anomander.

message 39: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) Eek! Real life has gotten in the way of my starting this one. I hope to start it tonight and catch up with you guys.

message 40: by Sashana (new)

Sashana Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm reading today's section and making the questions. They're going to be super late tonight.

message 41: by Sashana (last edited Nov 17, 2011 07:10PM) (new)

Sashana Some images for you guys while I read today's section and make the discussion question (sorry for the delay, I was really behind). They're a few pictures of things that come to mind as I read...

✤Whenever I hear the word Djinn I can't help but think of Genie from Aladdin. Everyone's favorite and first Djinn (I would assume)!
description

✤Joanne's powers reminds me of Storm from X-Men. Although I do think Storm is more bad ass and fashionable. She would never be caught dead in purple velvet. (*shuuder* What was Joanne thinking?)
description

✤The elemental magic (and they way they are performed) reminds me of Avatar: The Last Airbender. It was such an awesome show *wistful sigh* and even though it came to an end I am anxiously awaiting the spin off series. The show was based off the graphic novel so check it out if you're into that sort of thing:
Avatar Volume 1 The Last Airbender (Avatar #1) by Bryan Konietzko Avatar Volume 2 The Last Airbender (Avatar #2) by Bryan Konietzko Avatar Volume 3 The Last Airbender (Avatar #3) by Bryan Konietzko Avatar Volume 4 The Last Airbender (Avatar #4) by Bryan Konietzko Avatar Volume 5 The Last Airbender (Avatar #5) by Bryan Konietzko Avatar Volume 6 The Last Airbender (Avatar #6) by Bryan Konietzko Avatar Volume 7 The Last Airbender (Avatar #7) by Bryan Konietzko Avatar Volume 8 The Last Airbender (Avatar #8) by Bryan Konietzko

descriptiondescription[image error][image error]
Elements from left to right: Water, Earth, Air, Fire

Okay, back to reading...

message 42: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Haha. Sashana. My kids and I loved The Last Avatar cartoon. I was admittedly hooked as much as the kids were.

message 43: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 2744 comments So sorry, as soon as I said I had time I tempted fate!

message 44: by Sashana (last edited Nov 17, 2011 08:34PM) (new)

Sashana @Lisarenee: You can show your kids this clip of the new Avatar (girl power!). There was a better video with speech but I can't find it. I'll post it if I do.

@Anomander: No worries.

@Everyone: I'll post the questions tomorrow in the early morning.

message 45: by Sashana (new)

Sashana I didn’t want to read any answers or responses until I was caught up. So here are my responses to your answers from chapter 1 and 2.

Chapter 1
@Jex: ( #2) Great, observation, I didn’t realize that he took three Djinns when he has three elemental powers. I think you could be on to something.
@Anomander: (#5) Right on the money! (#6) So do I! Why does Jo get to have all the fun? She should share the love ;)

Chapter 2
@Jex: (#1) You said it sister! This is supposed to be an Urban Fantasy, romance is supposed to take a back seat to plot. Obviously Jo didn’t get the memo. And she’s really fickle too; one minute she’s in love with Paul, the next she’s thinking about Lewis, now she’s all about David. She’s one of those characters *rolls eyes*
@Jex: (#4) That would be gross if they were related. I think they are the same thing though (as in species ot what-not, but not by blood relation) (#7) I’m glad we agree about Lewis.

message 46: by Sashana (new)

Sashana Answers for Chapter 2

I thought there would be a possible love triangle, but now I’m thinking we’ll have a love square lol. She is very fickle when it comes to men. She said she loved Paul five seconds ago but now she’s flirting/making out with David.

I think Bad Bob has something to do with a demon.

Lol great analogy! I didn’t even think of that but you’re right.

Part Djinn, hmmm. It never crossed my mind but you have been pretty good with your predictions, Lisa. I think she’s cut from the same cloth as Lewis, whatever she is.

If you have a penis, sparks will fly between you and Jo. I’m just saying…the proof is in the story.

Suspicious, especially since he wanted to spend the night with her. Shady, shady, shady…

I’m anxiously waiting for present day Lewis to make an appearance in the book. I want to know more about him, his powers, and his Djinns

They were both cool but I’m going to have to go with salt. That wasvery creative.

Hmmmm I’m liking Lewis (granted we’ve only read a few flashback scenes with him). David is a bit too boring for my taste. Paul sounds yummy. So Lewis for Joanne and Paul for me ;)

I think he was following her. Things are rarely is coincidental in these books.

message 47: by Sashana (last edited Nov 18, 2011 06:03AM) (new)

Sashana Questions for Chapter 3
1. Did anyone suspect that the salt message wasn’t from Lewis?

2. OMG! I think we all knew, or at least suspected, that something wasn’t quite right with David. But a Djinn?! And a free one at that! Did you guys suspect that? If not, what did you think he was? If you did suspect what clued you in? [Edit: Drats! I just took a look at your questions from chapter 2, Lisa. You were right on the money]

3. Do you think David being a Djinn will put an end to his and Joanne’s *ahem* relationship? Do you think she’ll bond him to her?

4.“Maybe you should bring in your Djinn.” A new voice-Erik. He came trudging up from the other side. “Just set him to tracking her.”
“I have other things for my Djinn to attend to,” Marion said in a way that convinced me Erik shouldn’t have made the suggestion.

Do you think this was Marion’s way of letting Joanne go?

5. So we finally know what happened between Bad Bob and Joanne. Something went over my head though (I blame the late night reading): did Bob die when the demon left him? Or did he die from the lightening?

6. “Miracles provided,” Daid said. I froze for a second, then remembered to breathe. Surely he didn’t know that was Bad Bob’s tag line. Surely.
Should we still be on alert about David? Or was this (the fact that he used Bob’s catch phrase) a coincidence/innocent statement?

7. What do you think about Joanne’s decision to visit /hide out with Star? Wouldn’t that be the most obvious place for the Weather Wardens to look for her?

8. Okay, is it me or was that virginity scene a bit random? It came out of nowhere…
----------------------------------------------------

Favorite Quotes in this section:
“If you’re going to keep sexually harassing me, could you do it from about three feet to your left...?”

“Well I’m not passing it on to somebody like the goddamnn herpes virus.” [Joanne on not giving the demon to David]

message 48: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) Answers for Chapter 1 -- Catching up!

I thought it was kind of preparing us for what a djinn is. They seem to be very important to the story.

2) Why would someone need more than one Djinn? More power?

3) First impression of the Weather Wardens? It would be a pretty cool job to have, I think. But also very hard, too. When Jo found out about the damage she'd caused when she altered that storm...well, it just seems like it would weigh heavily on you, no matter how many lives you save.

4) If you could be a weather warden which element would you wish to control? The wind seems pretty bad to the bone. I think I go with that one.

5) We know Joanne (Jo) killed Bad Bob, but why? Any ideas? He seemed to almost covet her power?

6) First thoughts of Paul? Sounds like Jo has quite a few guys who like her. Should she have kissed him? I thought she liked him, but he didn't know it. By the end of their encounter I wasn't sure. It seems Jo has a few crushes on people, too. Lewis and now Paul. He sounded hot to me, but he seems much older to her and almost a mentor figure....not sure I could kiss someone like that.

7) Did this first chapter capture your interest? Did it feel as long as it was or did it seem to come to an end too quickly? This chapter felt forever long to me...but this is probably because I'm trying to catch up!

message 49: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) Chapter 2 Answers:

I think he is the Djinn!

2) We don't know all there is to know about being Demon Marked. How does one become Demon Marked, what exactly happens to the individual who bears the mark, etc. Do you think Bad Bob had something to do with it? I definitely think Bad Bob had something to do with it. I'm not sure what it means, it just sounds horrible.

3) I'm guessing Jo is feeling a bit like Eyore at the moment. Always under a storm cloud. It cracks me up. Do you think the majority of the council is behind it? I don't think Bad Bob was working alone in whatever happened. Someone else knows something, and I think they're trying to silence Jo.

4) Lewis says Jo is something, but what? She's more than just a typical warden? Could she be part Djinn? Is that why she doesn't need one according to Bad Bob? I just think she's more powerful than she knows. Like him, she might have more than one talent that she's not developed yet.

5) What did you think of Lewis? Seems like there are some sparks going off between Lewis and Jo. Now that people are after Jo too, do you think she and Lewis will become an item? I'm not sure...the timing always seems off for them to me.

6) Was David gone from the room in the morning? What did you think of his sudden departure? I'm sure it either has something to do with being a Djinn or something to do with his master...because he has to have one, right? They can't be masterless, can they?

7) So of all the characters so far who do you find the most interesting? David is mysterious, and I like that.

8) So communicating via radio or salt. Which did you like better? The salt thing was cool, I must admit.

9) So of the three guys we've met so far, which do you like best? David...the mystery thing again.

10) Do you think David was following Jo or were they headed in the same direction? Following for sure!

message 50: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 2744 comments Questions for Chapter 3
1. Did anyone suspect that the salt message wasn’t from Lewis?

Nope, not at all!

2. OMG! I think we all knew, or at least suspected, that something wasn’t quite right with David. But a Djinn?! And a free one at that! Did you guys suspect that? If not, what did you think he was? If you did suspect what clued you in? [Edit: Drats! I just took a look at your questions from chapter 2, Lisa. You were right on the money]

Yep, I read the goodreads summary for all the books in the series.

3. Do you think David being a Djinn will put an end to his and Joanne’s *ahem* relationship? Do you think she’ll bond him to her?

Nah, to both.

4.“Maybe you should bring in your Djinn.” A new voice-Erik. He came trudging up from the other side. “Just set him to tracking her.”
“I have other things for my Djinn to attend to,” Marion said in a way that convinced me Erik shouldn’t have made the suggestion.
Do you think this was Marion’s way of letting Joanne go?

I don't think so. I can't remember where her djinn was, though.

5. So we finally know what happened between Bad Bob and Joanne. Something went over my head though (I blame the late night reading): did Bob die when the demon left him? Or did he die from the lightening?

No, he was already dying because of the demon mark. He just couldn't die with it in him.

6. “Miracles provided,” Daid said. I froze for a second, then remembered to breathe. Surely he didn’t know that was Bad Bob’s tag line. Surely.
Should we still be on alert about David? Or was this (the fact that he used Bob’s catch phrase) a coincidence/innocent statement?

Surely. But are we? Is Jo?

7. What do you think about Joanne’s decision to visit /hide out with Star? Wouldn’t that be the most obvious place for the Weather Wardens to look for her?

Yep, strangely short sighted of her.

8. Okay, is it me or was that virginity scene a bit random? It came out of nowhere…

Yeah, I thought so too. I think we were meant to find out Lewis was her first. That's all.

« previous 1