Paranormal Lovers discussion

Previous BotM's > November's Adult read - Angel's Blood

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (new)

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) | 1384 comments Mod
This month's Adult read is:

Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh

Will you be reading it or have you already read it?

message 2: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (new)

I will be reading this one this month. As I have only just purchased it :D

Carrie (Badass, Alpha-male, Cowboy Connoisseur ) (cchamp0909) I have read it (twice) and I love it. I will read it again :)

message 4: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (new)

Glad you enjoy it I am totally looking forward to it :)

message 5: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) I'm around halfway through a R2R novel (that I should have read a couple weeks ago but I keep falling ill), and then I have another R2R to do. Then I have a short story to read and review for a writer friend. If those are all done before November end (chances of that happening are lower than usual due to NaNoWriMo participation taking priority) then I shall start this one and join in the month's read. :o)

message 6: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (new)

I have like 4 books before this one :/

message 7: by Carole-Ann (new)

Carole-Ann (blueopal) OK drop everything! This is one stupendous read, and like Carrie, I've read it more than once.

The follow-up books are just as good too!

message 8: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) Don't say these evil words of encouragement, Carole-Ann. I have a commitment to keep before I can read this.

Must contract will power from ... somewhere. :o\

Carrie (Badass, Alpha-male, Cowboy Connoisseur ) (cchamp0909) Carole-Ann wrote: "OK drop everything! This is one stupendous read, and like Carrie, I've read it more than once.

The follow-up books are just as good too!"

Ohhhhh Carol-Ann I love the Angel Guild series. Nothing like a hot man with wings !!

J.A. you need to make a new commitment to include this book!!

message 10: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) They have wings? Dude! What're you trying to do to me? Especially as the book I just started (that I'm committed to reading) is full of poor grammar, incomplete sentences that made me go, huh?, and punctuation issues in the first couple pages. Only the fact it's had so many 4 & 5 * reviews are keeping me going at the moment,

Carrie (Badass, Alpha-male, Cowboy Connoisseur ) (cchamp0909) J.A. wrote: "They have wings? Dude! What're you trying to do to me? Especially as the book I just started (that I'm committed to reading) is full of poor grammar, incomplete sentences that made me go, huh?, and..."

OH YEAH, they definitely have wings! :+}

message 12: by Carole-Ann (new)

Carole-Ann (blueopal) Hot men with wings AND attitude, and quite clever too - all add up to some gorgeous characters that one can't help falling in love with

Although I've recently finished Archangel's Blade and totally fell (finally) for Dmitri, I still have a very soft spot for Raphael (even tho' he is ga-ga over Elena!)

AND there are a number of others (should I mention the colour blue??) who will no doubt make us all drool even more!

So, read on, peeps, this is one helluva series! :)

message 13: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) Gargh! Okay, I'm getting suckered. I shall have started this one by the end of the week. I predict it. And it's all your fault, Carole-Anne and Carrie. ;o)

message 14: by Carole-Ann (new)

Carole-Ann (blueopal) <<>>

Carrie (Badass, Alpha-male, Cowboy Connoisseur ) (cchamp0909) Carole-Ann wrote: "Hot men with wings AND attitude, and quite clever too - all add up to some gorgeous characters that one can't help falling in love with

Although I've recently finished [book:Archangel's Blade|8..."

Oh I soooo love the color blue!! and I am in total agreement on Dimitri!

Carrie (Badass, Alpha-male, Cowboy Connoisseur ) (cchamp0909) J.A. wrote: "Gargh! Okay, I'm getting suckered. I shall have started this one by the end of the week. I predict it. And it's all your fault, Carole-Anne and Carrie. ;o)"

Glad to be of influence **wink** **wink** :)

message 17: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) Ha! Well, I took the first step. I opened it. *snort*

message 18: by Carole-Ann (new)

Carole-Ann (blueopal) Still grinning here! :)

message 19: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) Yeah, yeah. I'm such a sucker, LOL.

message 20: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (new)

Argh I can't get to my book until tomorrow :/

message 21: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) I just reached 19%. So far, so good. :o)

message 22: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (new)

Aw that's good I can't wait :)

message 23: by Carole-Ann (new)

Carole-Ann (blueopal) 29% I hope by now ?? :)

message 24: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) Only 26, Carole-Ann. But in my defence, it is NaNo month, which means I've been writing all day around reading. For any who don't know, NaNoWriMo challenges you to write 50,000 words in 30 days. I fell behind schedule at the beginning of the week due to illness and I've been playing catchup the past couple days. I'm now only around 300 words behind my daily target. Oh, and I just wrote an awesome scene for novel #3. ;o)

message 25: by Carole-Ann (new)

Carole-Ann (blueopal) OK, I'll make allowances for NaNoWriMo - it's probably better for you anyway (keeping in practice, that is).....

<<<>>>

message 26: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) You're still grinning because you have your own way. LOL.

Okay, I have caught up on my NaNoWriMo project so I can call it a night for writing (only been adding to it on & off since 9am because I'm such a slow typer)--which means I can spend the rest of the evening reading a little more Angel's Blood. :o)

See? See how I try to keep everyone happy? *snort*

Carrie (Badass, Alpha-male, Cowboy Connoisseur ) (cchamp0909) I so like getting my way :). Don't you Carole- Ann? Tehehehe

Carrie (Badass, Alpha-male, Cowboy Connoisseur ) (cchamp0909) Cupcake Cassie wrote: "Aw that's good I can't wait :)"

Did you get your book??

message 29: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (new)

Not yet it is at home waiting for me :)

message 30: by Jade aka MrsTosh (new)

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) I have this book on my to read list also might have to move it further up there!! there are so many good book out there and not enough time to ready them :(

message 31: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (new)

IKR, I have so so many books and don't read quick enough :(

message 32: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) I FINISHED! Are y'all happy now? :p

message 33: by Carole-Ann (new)

Carole-Ann (blueopal) ......OK......ummmmmm did you like it?

message 34: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) Well ... I gave it 4* :o) http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 35: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (new)

I still haven't got to this!!!

message 36: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) You should. It's a fun read. :o)

message 37: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (new)

If it's anything like her other series, I will love it :D

message 38: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) Actually, I really want to read on in this series. Maybe I'll get to it in Feb. :o)

message 39: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (new)

Do you have them all?

message 40: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) Um ... think so. Yeah, I'm sure I do. :o)

message 41: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (new)

Let me know if not :)

message 42: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) Will do. :o)

message 43: by Denae (new)

Denae  (denae3) | 250 comments Read the whole series in a few in three....maybe four days lol...I loved it! ....and after reading Carole-Ann and Carrie's comments....I have to say...I do agree completely! ;) lol