Good YA Series discussion

Other Comments or Questions > Books you HAVE to read

Comments Showing 1-50 of 107 (107 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Paigey (new)

Paigey Cooper (paigey_pokemon) | 10 comments Okay i thought, hey why not share some amazing series.
So if u have any really good books post em and we'll read!

* Soul screamers!!!
its an amazing series

message 2: by Patrycja (new)

Patrycja You`ve to check out Shifting Bethany Wiggis and Mythos Academy Jennifer Estep.

Paige: I like Soul Screamers too. :D

message 3: by Paigey (new)

Paigey Cooper (paigey_pokemon) | 10 comments I havent read the 5th book yet :( still waiting for it but some more good series are the study and glass series by maria v snyder shes really good.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

tigers curse definetely

message 5: by Paigey (new)

Paigey Cooper (paigey_pokemon) | 10 comments skulduggery pleasant :D

message 6: by Shaina (new)

Shaina | 42 comments i love love love the gallagher girls series and the heist society series from ally carter

message 7: by Paigey (new)

Paigey Cooper (paigey_pokemon) | 10 comments house of night and vamppire academy...my friend also says the iron fay series is good

message 8: by Patrycja (new)

Patrycja Shaina wrote: "i love love love the gallagher girls series and the heist society series from ally carter"

Yeah, I like this too...

message 9: by Patrycja (new)

Patrycja Paige wrote: "house of night and vamppire academy...my friend also says the iron fay series is good"
So iron fay is good. I read three book of this series an I`m going to read next one. :D

message 10: by Elena (new)

Elena (summerday) | 10 comments Paige wrote: "house of night and vamppire academy...my friend also says the iron fay series is good"

Read all of them!
HON: it's good, especially when you read it for the first time, but after a while it gets kind of boring. Time passes really slowly, in fact at book eight it still has only passed two months, three at last.
And the main characters gets kind of slutty, but I wouldn't bitch too much about the series.
VA: My favorite YA series ever. If you're not sure about it, I suggest you read it, then tell me. I can assure you it won't lack action, and a kickass main character.
IF: it also was good. I finished it a few days ago and, though I don't like faeries at all, it managed to hook me up and kept me glued at the pages until I was finished, so I guess it was good. (:

P.S. I know you didn't ask any of this, but I had to say it haha. (:

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG THE TIGERS CURSE SERIES IS LIKE TOTALLY AWESOME!

message 12: by Ayana (new)

Ayana (rainbowfish18) Vampire Academy series is my favorite!! I love Ellen Hopkins books, I didnt really like glass from the crank series, but FALLOUT was way good, I havent read crank yet but I'm sure its good.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Ayana wrote: "Vampire Academy series is my favorite!! I love Ellen Hopkins books, I didnt really like glass from the crank series, but FALLOUT was way good, I havent read crank yet but I'm sure its good."

I never tried the Vampire Academy series. I thought that it was just gonna be a terrible, cheesy read. Is it?

message 14: by Daisy (new)

Daisy warren (333booklover) | 1 comments Vampire Academy series is amazing so is the Iron fey and house of night series i suggest that you go pick it up straight away you'll love it.

another great series is the Vladimir Tod series although it does seem like it's for younger readers but as you get more into the books it gets better and doesnt seem so childish. Also the Immortals series by Alison Noel is really good. The morganville Vampire series is also amazing i absolutely adore this series i couldnt put the books down.

enjoy!! :)

message 15: by Paigey (new)

Paigey Cooper (paigey_pokemon) | 10 comments no love vampire academy!!!!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

2 of my fav must-read books are the Beautiful Creatures series by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl. And The Vampire Stalker By Allison Van Diepen!!!! <3 :)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

OH and The FableHaven Series!!! Its wat got me into big books and reading again! :)

message 18: by Elena (new)

Elena (summerday) | 10 comments Right now I have to read Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost (Night Huntress Series). I've heard awesome things about it and can't wait to start it. I hope it doesn't disappoint me!

Sara (♥ hearts Alec Lightwood♥) | 28 comments I read it!! it was amazing!! The Luxe is also an amazing book

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah i want to read night huntress series real bad too

message 21: by Patrycja (new)

Patrycja Elena wrote: "Right now I have to read Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost (Night Huntress Series). I've heard awesome things about it and can't wait to start it. I hope it doesn't disappoint me!"

It`s amazing series!!! I love it...

message 22: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Kowgie (mika_koga) | 7 comments we should all read the tiger's curse series! its the best! i absolutely love it. the series just keeps on getting better! Tiger's Quest (Tiger Series, #2) by Colleen Houck Tiger's Curse (Tiger Series, #1) by Colleen Houck Tiger's Voyage (Tiger Series, #3) by Colleen Houck

i promise you guys will like this!!!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Mika wrote: "we should all read the tiger's curse series! its the best! i absolutely love it. the series just keeps on getting better! Tiger's Quest (Tiger Series, #2) by Colleen HouckTiger's Curse (Tiger Series, #1) by Colleen Houck[bookcove..."

i am currently reading [bookcover:Tiger's Voyage|7849341] know what ya mean great series i am so hooked

message 24: by Dana (new)

Dana (dana-lisa) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins of course!! I swear, that and Divergent by Veronica Roth are the best book series i have ever read!!!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Bookreader123 wrote: "The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins of course!! I swear, that and Divergent by Veronica Roth are the best book series i have ever read!!!"

ya know the The Hunger Games movie is coming out march 23 2012 can't wait. I cried during the last book when prim died

Brandie (RoxxyReads) (roxxeh13) | 6 comments The Dark Swan series by Richelle Mead is simply amazing. I"m reading The House of Night series right now, and shortly after I finish it I'll be starting the Iron Fey series. Also the Immortal Instruments books are good too! :)

message 27: by May (new)

May | 16 comments the hunger games is a must read and the mortal instruments is a series you have got to have on your bookshelf

message 28: by R.K. (new)

R.K. Ryals | 4 comments The Tiger's curse series, the Hex Hall Series:)

Mauie (The Traveling Reader) (thetravelingreader) | 7 comments Danica wrote: "OH and The FableHaven Series!!! Its wat got me into big books and reading again! :)"

I totally agree with you. I even got to convince friends who don't usually read to follow the series. :)

Mauie (The Traveling Reader) (thetravelingreader) | 7 comments Robin wrote: "Bookreader123 wrote: "The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins of course!! I swear, that and Divergent by Veronica Roth are the best book series i have ever read!!!"

ya know the [book:The Hunger Game..."

Idk why but that scene felt rushed for me. But I love the series. :)

Mauie (The Traveling Reader) (thetravelingreader) | 7 comments The Septimus Heap series is also very good especially for middle-grade readers.
Magyk (Septimus Heap, #1) by Angie Sage Flyte (Septimus Heap, #2) by Angie Sage Physik (Septimus Heap, #3) by Angie Sage Queste (Septimus Heap, #4) by Angie Sage Syren (Septimus Heap, #5) by Angie Sage

Then there's also the Underland Chronicles, books written by the prolific Suzanne Collins long before THG fame.

Gregor the Overlander (Underland Chronicles, #1) by Suzanne Collins Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane (Underland Chronicles, #2) by Suzanne Collins Gregor and the Curse of the Warmbloods (Underland Chronicles, #3) by Suzanne Collins Gregor and the Marks of Secret (Underland Chronicles, #4) by Suzanne Collins Gregor and the Code of Claw (Underland Chronicles, #5) by Suzanne Collins

message 32: by Carla (new)

Carla (carla_moffatt) | 6 comments I thought the My Blood Approves series was pretty good.

message 33: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 41 comments Everyone should read the Strange Angels series and Infinite Days

message 34: by Elena (new)

Elena (summerday) | 10 comments Okay, now I'm on book three of the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost and I'm definitely loving it!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

HOUSE OF NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 36: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 41 comments Sophia wrote: "HOUSE OF NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I stopped reading this series. I liked it at first but it got to be really bad

message 37: by Lucille (last edited Nov 10, 2011 03:48PM) (new)

Lucille (lucillep) Rebecca wrote: "Sophia wrote: "HOUSE OF NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I stopped reading this series. I liked it at first but it got to be really bad"

I'm with you! Zoey kind of pissed me off when she hooked up with Loren and cheated on Eric! So unfortunate.

-----

Strange Fate Anyone with me on this?

I personally think that these are a must-read books.
Across the Universe
Finnikin of the Rock
Hush, Hush
If I Stay

message 38: by Elizabeth (last edited Nov 10, 2011 04:00PM) (new)

Elizabeth | 3 comments This isn't a series techinicaly but these two novels are in the same fantasy world.Bleeding violet by Dia Reeves and slice of cherry by Dia Reeves.Both are crazy.It's kind of like Alice in wonderland and lots of horror movie elements.

message 39: by Arushi (new)

Arushi (arushilisa) hush hush--becca fitzpatrick
iron king--julie kagawa
city of bones--cassandra clare
angel burn--l a weatherly
halo--alexandra adornetto
this all have sequels some have more. read them all theyre soooo good. theyre all fantasy romances...

Mauie (The Traveling Reader) (thetravelingreader) | 7 comments If you're looking for a quick and satisfying read, you have to try, E.J. Stevens' Spirit Guide Series.
She Smells the Dead (Spirit Guide, #1) by E.J. Stevens Spirit Storm (Spirit Guide, #2) by E.J. Stevens Legend of Witchtrot Road (Spirit Guide, #3) by E.J. Stevens

The plot may not be as convoluted or as complicated as with other YA books, but you'll definitely love the characters. They stay with you even after you've closed the book. I think I just let you know how much of a fan I am to the Spirit Guide Series. :)

message 41: by Brooke (new)

Brooke (brookebrawl) | 5 comments If you love YA Dystopian novels, try The Maze Runner series. It's a breath of fresh air in the genre and one of my favs. Of course, they are making a movie of it so hurry and read it before Hollywood ruins it!

message 42: by Brooke (new)

Brooke (brookebrawl) | 5 comments Ayana wrote: "Vampire Academy series is my favorite!! I love Ellen Hopkins books, I didnt really like glass from the crank series, but FALLOUT was way good, I havent read crank yet but I'm sure its good."

Ellen Hopkins Crank series is actually a trilogy so they have to be read in order, starting with Crank, then Glass, then Fallout. Such a sad series but so brilliant.

message 43: by C.C. (last edited Nov 10, 2011 08:59PM) (new)

message 44: by Saby (new)

Saby | 1 comments divergent is awesome (Y) Divergent

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Rebecca wrote: "Sophia wrote: "HOUSE OF NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

what book did u stop reading at?

message 46: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 41 comments I think Hunted maybe the one after it

message 47: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 41 comments Lucille wrote: "Rebecca wrote: "Sophia wrote: "HOUSE OF NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I'm with you! Zoey kind of pissed me off when she..."

SAME!! The storyline felt repetative too in a way

message 48: by Lucille (last edited Nov 11, 2011 04:43PM) (new)

Lucille (lucillep) Rebecca wrote: "Lucille wrote: "Rebecca wrote: "Sophia wrote: "HOUSE OF NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I'm with you! Zoey kind of pi..."

I know! I was going along with her selfishness to be with Heath. But it was too much for me to bear when she cheated on Eric. 3

But I'm still reading the series, maybe things will change. And Zoey might actually stop being selfish.

message 49: by C.C. (new)

C.C. | 29 comments Lucille wrote: "I know! I was going along with her selfishness to be with Heath. But it was too much for me to bear when she cheated on Eric. 3

But I'm still reading the series, maybe things will change. And Zoey might actually stop being selfish.
"

Yeah, I dont blame Eric for kinda being a jerk. What book are you on?

message 50: by Lucille (new)

Lucille (lucillep) Crystal wrote: "Yeah, I dont blame Eric for kinda being a jerk. What book are you on?"

Hi, Crystal. I'm on the 5th book now, Hunted. But I haven't started reading it yet. How about you? :)

« previous 1 3