We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Just for Fun > NaNoWriMo 2011

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month and runs the entire month of November. It's an annual event that's meant to encourage writers to get busy writing, trying to reach the 50,000 word goal.

Is anyone here participating this year? I am, and the title of my story is Dead Rats and Other Expressions of Love. It's a story about a 30 year old divorced woman, her sexy but odd, alpha next door neighbor, and... well... dead rats.

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments I'm participating this year. I'm writing about Russian werewolves. :)

message 3: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Nice!!!! That sounds fun!

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments It's actually kind of fun, if I didn't feel like writing was pulling teeth at time.

message 5: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments I get stressed out so easily!

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments I always worry about getting writing in around work and everything, and then I get intimidated because I never plot out my stories, so I am winging it the whole time!

Yes, so I know about the stressball thing!

message 7: by Sydnee (new)

Sydnee (defygravity18) | 41 comments I am but I've only accomplished one chapter! Sooo busy...

message 8: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Don't worry, Sydnee. At least you're writing. That's the whole goal behind it.

message 9: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Great job, Sydnee!!! I'm still stuck on my excerpt. 363 words. I rewrote most of it.

message 10: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Don't rewrite it, Dhestiny. Just write and then when you get your 50,000 words, go back and edit it. The goal is to get it written. I know that some of what I'm writing is not good, but you want the words. Then you can go back and fine-tune it.

message 11: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments I had to change the whole theme of things, Danielle. I made the mistake of letting Scott read it and he rolled his eyes and walked away. It was like... I couldn't write another word after that. So it's the same premise, just different words.

message 12: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments I liked it! Well I hope things go even better with the new version.

Hugs, Sister Mine!