The Sword and Laser discussion

TV, Movies and Games > Grimm - the other fairy tale show

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tamahome (last edited Nov 01, 2011 09:19PM) (new)

Tamahome | 6090 comments Grimm isn't bad. High body count. Pilot reminded me of that movie where the young girl is a ghost and her parents are still trying to find her killer.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

The one with Marky Mark?

message 3: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6090 comments Ala wrote: "The one with Marky Mark?"

Word to your mother! (The Lovely Bones)

message 4: by Sam (new)

Sam I kinda liked Grimm. I think time will tell with this one. So many shows this year flopped after just a few episodes. It would be nice to finally see one servive.

message 5: by Ken (new)

Ken (KGratten) | 34 comments My 1 word review of the Grimm pilot: Meh.

I hope it doesn't just turn into a police procedural for fantasy creatures show. They hint at a greater mystery a bit in the pilot, but I fear broadcast TV is shy of making it any more unapproachable than it already is (being a fantasy show).

message 6: by Jim (new)

Jim (kskryptonian) | 202 comments Reminded me of Supernatural with the sound, lighting, and camera work. The part that scares me is that it feels like Charmed combined with csi. I will give it a couple episodes. I gave the Cape three episodes, it would be wrong not to do the same for this.

message 7: by Andy (new)

Andy (andy_m) | 311 comments The second episode felt less trope. The first episode relied on tried and true methods - a person discovering new powers without anyone to lead him/her, a conspiracy in the police force, a passing on of a family trait/curse, and there were more.

The second episode I made a commitment to myself to not look for these problems and just enjoy the episode, which I did. I can also say that after the fact it felt as if the writers were trying to write rather than rehash old ideas.

That being said I enjoyed the little red ridding hood plot from last episode and the Goldilocks plot from this one - they fit what the show is.

message 8: by Justin (new)

Justin Lance | 20 comments I'm enjoying it so far though as a big surprise, I'm actually enjoying Once Upon a Time a bit more.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 45 comments I like Once Upon a Time more as well. I think it's pretty interesting, but the lead character is so slow on the uptake. I like his sidekick who is a werewolf and his partner. (view spoiler)