Book Buyers Dreamland discussion

Members > Introduce yourself!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 83 (83 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (shadowkissedcassie) | 99 comments Mod
Hello to all members! Please tell us a little about yourself and what books you like :)

message 2: by Cassie (new)

I’m cassie and the creator of this group! My passion in life is reading and my absolute favorites are paranormal romances, YA’s, Fantasy, and anything that involves vampires, shifters, witches, ghosts, zombies and anything else the mind can think up! I have a book review blog and love meeting other bloggers, authors and finding new book communities. Please feel free to stop by and check out some of my giveaways and author interviews :)

http://shadowkissedcassie.blogspot.com/

message 3: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Morfi (vmorfi) My name is Veronica, I'm from Greece and I love reading and buying books! I have whole shelves I haven't read but still buy new ones...:P

message 4: by Bex (new)

Bex (Bekxx) | 2 comments Hi I'm Bex, I'm from New Zealand and I'm a total book whore...I'm addicted to books and have so many I haven't read yet but like Veronica I still buy new ones, I just can't help myself....I love reading Y.A, Fantasy, Paranormal or anything with a great storyline...Oh and thank you Veronica for the invite...:)

message 5: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Morfi (vmorfi) No problem! Welcome! :)
I am addicted in buying books, sometimes even more that coffee...:P

message 6: by Bex (new)

Bex (Bekxx) | 2 comments Lol

message 7: by Donna (new)

Donna  (ncdonnas) I'm Donna. I often make impulse buys when I see a fellow blogger post a great deal on a book that interests me. I enter as many giveaways as I can but I've learned to limit myself to only those for books that I can reasonably expect to read in the near future. And I buy books compulsively every week. Luckily for my family, I am extremely generous and will often give books away to family, friends, or on my blog or we would be drowning in pages!

message 8: by Hayley (new)

Hayley Stewart (haybop) Hi, I'm Hayley from England :D I have had to keep myself away from buying books recently as I'm trying to get through my current pile without adding to it! Every Saturday I take a book & head to my nearest coffee shop for an hour or so read ;D

message 9: by Kimmy (new)

Kimmy | 1 comments Hi everyone...I'm Kimmy, I love most types of books...but my favourites are paranormal romance, YA...even get into fantasy..(even though at times it's hard to pronounce names of elves and such)
I like to read new authors work as well...fresh blood is always best :)

My favourite author is Julie Kagawa.

Thanks for the invite Veronica

message 10: by Precious Mae (new)

Precious Mae (preciousmae) | 16 comments I'm Precious Mae and from the Philippines. I love books and I always go to book sales and that is where I get all my books. As for the new books, I settle by borrowing and wishing for my own copy. :) Still, it is okay for me. Reading is a pleasure.. my escape!!! :)

message 11: by Lola (new)

Lola (lolasreviews) Hello, I'm Lolita and I'm from the netherlands. Veronica invited me to this group. I love reading urban fantasy books, with a little bit romance. I buy all my books on internet at the bookdepository store, because that's the cheapest place to buy them. Buying english books in the netherlands in pretty expensive.

message 12: by Cyp (new)

Cyp (cyp-thatsme) | 32 comments Hi! I'm from Singapore and I only started my book obsession last year, and writing reviews this year. I am still a kid, so I can't buy my books:(, but I do suck up to my mom sometimes to get her to help me buy some.:D Haha, ok, I sound like a mean kid, but well, that's why I enter as many giveaways which are international as possible(like Donna up there!). Lol, I'm 16 and having my 'O' levels now, and I'm glad to join this group!:)

message 13: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (jennachristy) hi everyone! My names is Jenna, i’m from the Philippines. I have always loved reading. However lately, I decided to make a blog (it’s at www.coffeebooksandme.blogspot.com feel free to check it out! :) ) and my collection has multiplied a lot the past few months. :)

i’m so happy to be in this group! see you around guys!

message 14: by Precious Mae (new)

Precious Mae (preciousmae) | 16 comments Jenna Christy wrote: "hi everyone! My names is Jenna, i’m from the Philippines. I have always loved reading. However lately, I decided to make a blog (it’s at www.coffeebooksandme.blogspot.com feel free to check it out!..."

hi there fellow pinay! :)

message 15: by Hayley (new)

Hayley Stewart (haybop) Hi everybody!! Nice to meet you all!

@Cyp: Why aren't you able to buy your own books if you're 16?

message 16: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Morfi (vmorfi) Welcome everyone! I am so glad that so many of you accepted my invite here! :)

message 17: by Sivakami (new)

Sivakami (sivakamipraveen) | 1 comments Hey! I'm Amy from India. I am 12. I love books and music. I mostly read YA fiction.

message 18: by Cyp (new)

Cyp (cyp-thatsme) | 32 comments @Hayley: I'm still considered underage here. So no work for me, so all my allowance comes from my parents. Haha, what is the age limit over where you live? US, is it?

message 19: by Cyp (new)

Cyp (cyp-thatsme) | 32 comments Hi Amy! And you're welcome, Veronica!:)

message 20: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (jennachristy) hi Precious! and to everyone new, as well as old! :)

message 21: by Saturnus (new)

Saturnus | 1 comments hi, im saturnus and i love books (off course!!) im 15, live in sweden with all my books and my wonderful boyfriend <33

message 22: by Hayley (new)

Hayley Stewart (haybop) Woo, more new people!!

@Cyp - Not even part time/weekend jobs? I live in the UK so from the age of 13 you can be legally employed (with a fair amount of restrictions) until you're 16 when you become a young worker and you'll have a lot more choice in jobs. Our legal age for almost everything is 18 here when you are classed as an adult and given almost all the rights and responsibilities of one too.

message 23: by Cyp (new)

Cyp (cyp-thatsme) | 32 comments @Hayley: Oooh. Nope, our laws are very strict. No salary for anyone under 18. Lol, kinda sucks sometimes.

Hi Saturnus! My sis just watched Black Swan and she's obsessed over it! Haha.

message 24: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Morfi (vmorfi) Here, in Greece, you can work wherever you like even if you are underage (under 18), but you will need the signed approval of your parents.

message 25: by Cyp (new)

Cyp (cyp-thatsme) | 32 comments Woah, YOU'RE FROM GREECE?? Do y'all really have all those ruins and myths over there? That's so cool. I sound like a dork. lol.

message 26: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Morfi (vmorfi) hehe...yes we have a lot of ruins, the city I live now is full of them, recently there were some found under a footbal field and they had to remove the field elsewhere...:P
And we grow up learning the myths in the early years of our school life! It's really nice!

message 27: by Hayley (new)

Hayley Stewart (haybop) Wow - I remember my first Greek Mythology book - It was a children's classic one (so going back a few years!)

Studied Classical Civilisations at school so am dying to visit Greece and go to ALL the great sites and see all the hot spots!

message 28: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Morfi (vmorfi) there are many sites, really many! But still I got bored of them! I want to go anywhere else!!!!

message 29: by Cyp (new)

Cyp (cyp-thatsme) | 32 comments GREEEEEEEEEEECE:( I wanna see some ruins..:((( Percy Jackson.

message 30: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Morfi (vmorfi) lol!!!!I'll send you some sand from the ruins! :P

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey!

message 32: by S.A. (new)

S.A. Archer (the_sidhe) I'm going to slip in and introduce myself. I'm S.A. Archer. I usually go by 'Archer' but I don't think I can change the way my name appears on here without it making it look wrong on my profile. But that's a personal problem, I guess.

Anyway, I am an Urban Fantasy author. My series is called The Sidhe. We just launched and I am a nervous wreck about it. Also another personal problem I suppose. :)

Of course, I love all things urban fantasy! I also dig a lot of other paranormal fiction. When I am not goofing around on Twitter and Goodreads I am a role-player. So basically when I am not writing for work, I am writing for fun. That might also be a personal problem, but I can deal with it!

-Archer

message 33: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (wondrousreadings) Hi, thanks for the invite! (=

message 34: by Cassie (new)

Veronica wrote: "My name is Veronica, I'm from Greece and I love reading and buying books! I have whole shelves I haven't read but still buy new ones...:P"

I have whole shelves of unread books to haha but I just can't stop buying new ones!

message 35: by Cassie (new)

Donna wrote: "I'm Donna. I often make impulse buys when I see a fellow blogger post a great deal on a book that interests me. I enter as many giveaways as I can but I've learned to limit myself to only those for..."

Its good you only enter in ones you can read in a reasonable amount of time, I get a little trigger happy sometimes and enter in to many then get 15 free ebooks in one week!

message 36: by Cassie (new)

Precious Mae wrote: "I'm Precious Mae and from the Philippines. I love books and I always go to book sales and that is where I get all my books. As for the new books, I settle by borrowing and wishing for my own copy. ..."

Its my escape too! Its like a vacation for my mind :)

message 37: by Cassie (new)

Cyp wrote: "Hi! I'm from Singapore and I only started my book obsession last year, and writing reviews this year. I am still a kid, so I can't buy my books:(, but I do suck up to my mom sometimes to get her to..."

Thank you for joining!

Penelope (The Reading Devil) (thereadingdevil) Hi! My name's Penelope im from canada... i love books :p i have a book blog and am always looking for new followers http://penelopworldofbooks.blogspot.com
ummm kinda blanking on what to say so just ask if u wanna know something :D

message 39: by Cassie (new)

Jenna Christy wrote: "hi everyone! My names is Jenna, i’m from the Philippines. I have always loved reading. However lately, I decided to make a blog (it’s at www.coffeebooksandme.blogspot.com feel free to check it out!..."

Such a great looking blog! Following

message 40: by Cassie (new)

Veronica wrote: "hehe...yes we have a lot of ruins, the city I live now is full of them, recently there were some found under a footbal field and they had to remove the field elsewhere...:P
And we grow up learning ..."

That is sooo interesting! I can't believe some many people join this group btw lol Thank you so much!

message 41: by Cassie (new)

Im so glad all of you joined my group and a big thanks to Veronica who invited all her friends :) I want to say hello to everyone and feel free to start new topics on great book deals!

message 42: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Morfi (vmorfi) No problem! They were all just an invite away! :P

message 43: by Donna (new)

Donna  (ncdonnas) Cassie wrote: "Donna wrote: "I'm Donna. I often make impulse buys when I see a fellow blogger post a great deal on a book that interests me. I enter as many giveaways as I can but I've learned to limit myself to..."

Well..."reasonable amount of time" is subjective. lol there are books on my shelf that have been there over a year that I simply haven't gotten to yet. That to-read pile of mine is a beast! lol

message 44: by Cyp (new)

Cyp (cyp-thatsme) | 32 comments Donna wrote: Well..."reasonable amount of time" is subjective. lol there are books on my shelf that have been there over a year that I simply haven't gotten to yet. That to-read pile of mine is a beast! lol

Yeah! My to-read pile is more than twice my read pile here on GR!

message 45: by Natshane (new)

Natshane | 6 comments Hi, my name is Natasha and I'm from Malaysia, my favourite genre is YA, Romance, Dystopian, Fantasy, Chick-lit.

message 46: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (somethinglisa) | 2 comments Hi everyone! Mu name is Lisa and I'm from Montreal, Canada. I love fantasy, science fiction, young adult, historical fiction and many in-between! I am also a book blogger. My blog is called starmetal oak book blog.

message 47: by Cassie (new)

Natshane wrote: "Hi, my name is Natasha and I'm from Malaysia, my favourite genre is YA, Romance, Dystopian, Fantasy, Chick-lit."

Malaysia? Wow what its like there?

message 48: by Cassie (new)

A big hello @Lisa, and Natasha Thanks for joining :)

message 49: by Natshane (new)

Natshane | 6 comments Cassie wrote: "Natshane wrote: "Hi, my name is Natasha and I'm from Malaysia, my favourite genre is YA, Romance, Dystopian, Fantasy, Chick-lit."

Malaysia? Wow what its like there?"

Hot and humid, haha;D

Thanks for the welcome:)

message 50: by Cyp (new)

Cyp (cyp-thatsme) | 32 comments Like Singapore! It sucks...BIG TIME. Lol.

« previous 1