Rothfussians discussion

The Archives > doors of stone

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Priya (new)

Priya P | 2 comments I was just wondering if anyone else thought that the stone doors in the library and the stone doors that Felurian says the "first and greatest of all shapers" was locked behind might be the same? On the one hand, no, because it happened when the worlds were split- the library would have had to have been built up around them; but on the other hand, she mentions one city that existed both before and after the split, so why not?

message 2: by Sanjiv (new)

Sanjiv | 429 comments I'm sure there's an object of great importance behind the stone doors--it makes sense that such an object would be kept at a university, or place of power. But I don't think a person is literally locked behind the door, unless its their undead remains.

message 3: by Emma (new)

Emma | 25 comments The library stone doors could lead down to the Underthing.

message 4: by Kaye (new)

Kaye  (carrymeaway) | 241 comments Well Kvothe says that everything you hope for turns out to be disappointing, but i dont think a person or the underthing are behind it. it might be books of the Chandrian and Amyr, kept safe from them and for them.

message 5: by Steven (new)

Steven (AffrontedFetus) | 29 comments @Kaye That is exactly what I was thinking.

Most people are leaning towards the idea that the [University] doors lead to where Iax was imprisoned. This theory supposes that the Doors of Stone mean physical doors rather than death. I was reading NotW again and just finished Skarpi's story. Lanre killed the monster/enemy at Drossen Tor. KILLED. Then the next phrase was something along the lines of the beast not being beyond the Doors of Stone. Now, if the beast was killed (slain in the words of Rothfuss) then the Doors of Stone would be the Doors of Death.

message 6: by Sanjiv (new)

Sanjiv | 429 comments But if there is a physical object that can bring people back from death , then a door that guards this object could be considered to be guarding death itself (the idea of a 'lich' came up in an unrelated discussion).

message 7: by Steven (new)

Steven (AffrontedFetus) | 29 comments You make a fair point... But what is a lich?

message 8: by Sanjiv (last edited Jan 21, 2012 05:15PM) (new)

Sanjiv | 429 comments In role playing games like Dungeons and Dragons (and also in World of War Craft), a lich is a person who's become immortal by separating his soul from his body, and putting it somewhere safe. So damaging the person's body won't sever the link between this world and its soul. Thus the person is effectively immortal.

I don't know the rest of the details.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Steven wrote: "@Kaye That is exactly what I was thinking.

Most people are leaning towards the idea that the [University] doors lead to where Iax was imprisoned. This theory supposes that the Doors of Stone mean..."

Yes! I think when Felurian say's 'he's beyond the doors of stone' this is a way of saying he's dead. I firmly believe that Lanre is the enemy... not Iax.

message 10: by Kaye (new)

Kaye  (carrymeaway) | 241 comments I think Lanre and Iax are both enemy's... Iax or a.k.a. Jax was an idiot at first when it came to names... he didnt really know what he was doing and in turn ended up causing the moon to have to travel between two realms... what do you do with a person that knows things they shouldn't? You kill them... Lanre was cursed into being Haliax after the death of his wife, this could have lead him the the Ctheah-or however you spell it- and in turn the Ctheah told Lanre things which caused the burning of Myr Tyrinel-or however you spell it- Lanre definately isnt behind the doors of the University and i think that people are mixing the doors up... The university is the three metal plate door--not stone.... if i am correct- which i think i am... So death isnt behind the doors at the university... the doors (plural) of stone are somewhere else in which case i picture something like Stonehenge in Ireland... Also Iax isnt behind the university doors either-unless it's his carcass in which case why are they protecting it... i think it would be the books,scrolls, pictures, artifacts of the Chandrian and Amyr- the truth of all things possibly as well. The real history that happened-what all the stories are based around- some things in history are meant to be hidden, plus i think it protects the books from the Chandrian and Amyr or keeps them unaware that they exist...

message 11: by Kaye (new)

Kaye  (carrymeaway) | 241 comments Also when it comes to doors of Stone, it doesnt necessarily mean a physical door, it could be a portal of some sort between the human realm and fae realm... The greystones are said to be those portals, the next book could possibly go into more depth of the Faen realm....

message 12: by Steven (new)

Steven (AffrontedFetus) | 29 comments The more I think about it the more I feel like the phrase just means death. It has a ring similar to the wise mans fear.

By the way, the phrase 3 things a wise man fears was in book 1. Is the doors of stone ever mentioned in book 2?

I also agree that no person is physically imprisone behind the university door. Knowledge is very likely.

It was called the 4 plate door no stone was mentioned that may be important.

message 13: by Kaye (new)

Kaye  (carrymeaway) | 241 comments yeah four plate door... that's what i meant... anyway... no i dont think the doors of stone are mentioned...

message 14: by Adam (new)

Adam | 95 comments The Cthaeh tells Kvothe that if he sticks by the Maer then he will be led to the Amyr's door, this could either be a figure of speech or a literal door.
I'm wondering if the Amyr are guarding the doors of stone, and if that is the Lackless door.

message 15: by Steven (new)

Steven (AffrontedFetus) | 29 comments I'm curious about the properties of copper. The four plate door has it's plates made of copper. Kvothe's chest has a copper lock or something. And Elodin's cell in the Rookery had copper veins running throughout the walls and window.

Elodin had trouble initially (well, he sort of paused for a second before working it out) breaking the stone using its name. That might have something to do with the copper (he did say it was a new addition) or it might not.

Kvothe didn't seem overly confused or anything as to it's presence so I gather he may have known about copper being special.

Are there any real world properties of copper that could be translated into the book?

message 16: by Jimmy (new)

Jimmy | 36 comments copper is the only thing that namers cannot manipulate. that's why kvothe's chest has a copper lock, the doors are copper plated, taborlin's sword was made of copper, etc.

those who know the power of namers take measures against manipulation of their most important items. you'll find it throughout the book

message 17: by Gavin (new)

Gavin here's something in the Underthing Kote mentions at the end of his Day 1 story, but doesn't tell us what it is.

message 18: by Amber, Master Sympathist (new)

Amber (ivorydoom) | 1471 comments Mod
I've got a few speculations about the Doors of Stone.

One, It could really mean death. I feel like thats a real possibility. Except one thing really throws me off, its when Lyra brings Lanre back to life they are called the doors of death. But maybe that was just to change up the writing a bit because PR just wrote about the black thing Lanre killed being locked beyond the doors of stone.

However, maybe its a little hint. Obviously the doors of stone if they are a literal thing, must be in Drossen Tor since that where they locked the beast behind the doors of stone. Vintas could be where Drossen Tor was located before it was destroyed and maybe the Lackless's (I have theory that Lyra, Lanre or both were Lackless's, I'd love some feed back on it, its in the Lackless Theory thread) were the gaurdians of the door, since Lanre and Lyra were still very much trusted at said time.

I was thinking maybe because demons are nearly impossible to kill, the people of the time started locking them behind these doors of stone, but they couldnt lock Haliax behind it since like he says, no door shall bar my passing.

Another theory I really like is that the doors of stone are the Waystones.

message 19: by Amber, Master Sympathist (new)

Jimmy wrote: "copper is the only thing that namers cannot manipulate. that's why kvothe's chest has a copper lock, the doors are copper plated, taborlin's sword was made of copper, etc.

those who know the powe..."

Where did you get this information? I dont remember reading that namers cant manipulate copper. *eye brow raise*

But it was weird that Elodin had to break it with the chair leg. I did read up on some of the properties of copper and its actually highly resistant to oxidation and extremely conductive of heat, these were the only features I found that might be applicable to our story. Its an extremely soft metal, but essentially it could be of great use to a sympathist who wanted to draw more power from heat to do more extreme sympathy.

Not to mention, the chandrian wouldnt errode a copper door or copper weapon the way they might an iron one.

This kind of lead me to the conclusion that the university might actually keep there chandrian records behind the door with Valeritas.

I'm still not so sure about the doors of stone. I have been thinking about it a lot, obviously its going to matter since thats the working title of the next novel. I was thinking maybe before people figured out they could bury and burn the bodies of fae creatures to kill them all the way they just locked them up behind these doors of stone, so that they couldnt get out again to mess with people.

I was thinking sort of along the lines of Percy Jackson how in that story the monsters are constantly reincarnating and coming back. Maybe the fae dont really die and after a while they rise up again unless they're crushed by the earth and burned to ash. Even in novels like Vampire Chronicles, the immortal vampires ash is kind of still alive w/ the spirit of the immortal. Just trying to think outside the box....sorry my posts are always so freakin' long. I have a lot of thoughts in this head.

message 20: by RoadrunnerNM (new)

RoadrunnerNM | 17 comments Just a thought...

Vale = Health
Veritas = Truth

In Latin, at least. Not sure what it means in the four corners.

message 21: by Amber, Master Sympathist (new)

Hmm...Not sure either. I looked up Veritas as well but not vale.

I'd really like to know what that word means!?

Valaritas!

Seems like something a magician would say.

message 22: by Brandt (new)

Brandt I think that Iax have always been Haliax..
The first and greatest of the shapers (the other chandrian were his fellow shapers from the same time.)
We know that the faery tale we are told of Iax have changed through time, the name in the story might as well..
Felurian refuses to speak his name, although he is locked behind the doors of stone.
The old storyteller (name?) says Haliax name, as far as i remember it's the only chandrian he mentions by name, and that might be because he feels, relatively, safe from Haliax..
We know that Haliax in kvothes time is more of a shadow of a man, and that he cant sleep.
Thats because, atleast that is my theory, he is just the wandering mind of Haliax separated from his body, because his body is behind the doors of stone.
Since he is pure mind sleep would destroy him (or maybe return him to his body)..
Its the amyr which guard the door, which also speaks for a chandrian being behind them (or at least something that should be kept from them).

I think the two main goals in the story is the freeing of Haliax, and the restoration of the moon (Denna), and that the two is tied together somehow..

Other stuff worth considering.
The ctaeh says Haliax havent slept for 5000 years.
Kvothe estimates the lachless box to be around 3-4000 years old.
I think inside the lachless box is the small box that Haliax trapped part of the moons name with, and that the outer box only can be opened by a Lachless Listener (like kvothe)..
The first time the box appears it's also inside another thing that cant be opened btw, then it was also a listener that opened the outer container..

message 23: by Amber, Master Sympathist (new)

@Mab.

I cant agree with this theory for a few reasons.

1.) Selitos knows Iax and in the story Lanre is listed as a seperate person, Iax exists before the name Haliax comes into play.

2.) Haliax specifically says "No door shall bar my passing"

That seems quite a threat. (Also subjectively leads me to believe that Iax is already locked behind the doors of stone, which is coincedentally where the beast Lanre kills is locked, but thats another post for another time LOL)

3.) I'm pretty sure it says that the Chandrian are the betrayers of the cities that fell. (Could be wrong on that, should check into it though)

4.) Skarpi only mentions Haliax's name because its part of the story, I dont think the other chandrian were created yet or that they had anything to do with story so it would be unncessary to name them out.

5.) Haliax isnt his true name so using it should be fine anyway. Sort of like saying Cinder should be fine, but if you go around saying Ferule you're screwed.

6.) I dissagree that Haliax is a shadow of a man, he is a man shrouded in shadow. He doesnt seem like a shadow of a man when he bitch slaps Cinder into calling him daddy. He's just cursed, in my opinion. This is a punishment by Selitos, and here is why its a punishment.

Lanre only became Haliax, a super powerful magic badass, because he wanted to bring his true love back from the dead. Now, even if he did manage to somehow bring her back, she would never know him. He has a different name and not only that, he is now shrouded in shadow that would leave Lyra unable to see his true identity. (Different True Name, No visible Physical features, how would she recognize him? Answer is, she couldnt)

7.) Last I check Haliax had a body.

8.) Wouldnt his body be all rotten by now if it had been behind the doors of stone for 5000 years?

9.) Where does it say the Amyr guard the doors of stone? I thought it said they were out to fight the Chandrian, led by Selitos, because they couldnt bare to become Ruach after such a betrayal without revenge.

I agree about the main points of the story though. Free Haliax, Free the Moon, oh yah, and Kill Cinder. Point number 1. LOL

I also disagree that Kvothe is a listener. He might be able to call the name of the wind, but as far as I've read, he sort of sucks at listening to anyone, which in my opinion, is one of the things that worries Elodin about him.

(Sort of like the listener who came across Jax)

message 24: by Abhilash (new)

Abhilash Mahadevan (axms_92) | 10 comments It's interesting that no one mentioned the Waystones before this.....when I heard the title of the new book was "Doors of Stone", the first connection I made was - Waystones. I recall Kvothe mentioning that right after his troupe died he had a dream of Ben telling him something about knots being powerful things, that they determined how strong a rope is, and followed by his memory of his father talking about waystones, then Kvothe being surrounded by more waystones than he could count (or something to that effect)....Now I'm not saying it wasn't just a bit of troubled delirium (which was my initial impression of the dream) but it struck me as odd that he chose to tell the Chronicler that particular dream when he must have had a thousand others.....IMO knots and waystones will come to occupy a major role in the series ender

message 25: by Amber, Master Sympathist (new)

I thought of Waystones also when I read the title.

I have been under the impression that they could be doorways to and from fae...I hope I'm not the only one who thought they read that?

Pretty sure in the end, Fae and the Real world will be reunited and then everyone will go to war because they dont like to share...ya know, the normal stuff.

But hard to say...obviously.

message 26: by Cookie (new)

Cookie (cookieleib) | 35 comments Sanjiv wrote: "...a lich is a person who's become immortal by separating his soul from his body, and putting it somewhere safe...

Like a Horcrux :)

message 27: by Amber, Master Sympathist (new)

Quite similar actually -

I would say Voldemort is something of a Lich. You can repeatedly destroy a lich's body but if you do not destroy the phylactory of its soul it will just come back. Even if you burned the body, it could potentially come back in another body.

So that could lead to some interesting thoughts on that skin walker thing...

(and a new take on Harry Potter - never really though of Voldemort as a lich until this moment, although he's extremely similar)

message 28: by Abhilash (new)

Abhilash Mahadevan (axms_92) | 10 comments Amber wrote: "I thought of Waystones also when I read the title.

I have been under the impression that they could be doorways to and from fae...I hope I'm not the only one who thought they read that?

Pretty s..."

Yeah, so from what we know of the present (i.e. Kote-running-the-inn timeframe) he somehow manages to strengthen the link between the Faen and normal worlds, which as you say, would mean a lot of activity around the Waystones, maybe Waystones being thought of as accursed or haunted even (though I doubt people have figured out the Waystone connection yet). Plus Kote almost openly says that this stronger link is what led to the whole killing-the-king-and-starting-the-war deal (i wonder if he had to kill Meluan and hence, Maer, in attempt of repair or some such) so the third book may very well be about waystones. However I also favor the Door of Stone being like one of the sleep-madness-death doors theory; has a nice poetic ring to it. What say?

message 29: by Amber, Master Sympathist (last edited Jun 06, 2012 01:05PM) (new)

Doors of stone could also be the doors of death...some people have thought that from I've read.

Another possiblity is that the Doors of Stone are actually another pair of doors.

I noticed that at the Battle of Drossen Tor they lock the beast that Lanre slays and thus slays him behind the doors of stone, and also the Shaper who stole the moon is locked behind the doors of stone, so...

Its hard to say. If the doors of stone were Waystones I dont know that Felurian would have made her comment on that the same way. Although some people postulate their being a third plane (for lack of a better word) that said waystones could be the doorway too.

I dont know...just food for thought there. Whenever I think up a theory I do my best to think of all the ways that theory could be wrong LOL - it helps me keep a rational overview.

You could be correct, I got the impression that the waystones were doors to the fae and they are stone.

message 30: by Amber, Master Sympathist (new)

I really didnt get that impression about the Beast, but I will reread the part.

I dont think it was a Draccus - as it was breathing a darkness that smothered men. Dont believe that was covered in Mating Habits...

Though I wouldnt doubt the doors are some sort of prison. Pretty much sounds that way.
When I first read through NoTW I thought that possibly people locked "demons" (or fae) behind the doors of stone because they didnt know how else to kill them. Possibly this is before the development of digging giant holes and burning up their bodies - since from what I understand that was developed by Tehlu. Though it is debatable whether Tehlu was born into the world of Man before or after the seperation of worlds.

I dont know how the idea of the doors of stones being waystones would apply to a prison though. Their are about a million of them in the world. I'd say if the doors of stone lead to a prison they'd have to be a more specific set. More likely waystones are just doors to fae and thats why they are all over, for easier travel.

On another note - I was reading WMF last night and it was a little poem in it about how the Chandrian are nice...

Thought that might be leading!

message 31: by Brandt (new)

Brandt Amber wrote: "@Mab.

I cant agree with this theory for a few reasons.

1.) Selitos knows Iax and in the story Lanre is listed as a seperate person, Iax exists before the name Haliax comes into play.

2.) Haliax ..."

Hmm i still think there must be some significance in the "no door shall bar my passing" .. I mean, i dont have the impression that doors are an obstacle for any of the other chandrian either (or anyone with an axe, and a will to use it), so why say it..
My guts tell me it must have something to do with the doors of stone.. whatever those are..
It's hard to guess at what it means, we are missing some pretty big pieces in the puzzle, and Rothfuss can create rules in his magic-system/universe to suit his story, so the answer could be anything.
Fx if the door of stones are the waystones, and there are rules about how to use those, maybe those rules dont apply to Haliax..

It's been over a year since i read TNOTW so i i've become a bit rusty on all the stories, i'll have to do a reread at some point, but i'm trying to put it off until it fits with the release of the third book..

I forgot about Haliax not being the "true" name, you are right of course.

The listener thing is a matter of definition i think, i would say that anyone able to find out the true name of a thing is a listener.. I think of it as a sort of craft, and of course there can be good listeners and bad.. I agree Kvothe is the ladder so far..

I dont remember Haliax physically touching Cinder, but if thats the case i agree the no-body theory doesnt hold up.

About the Amyr guarding the doors of stone.
I'm basing that on something the Ctaeh said.
He says something "like follow the Maer and he will lead you to their door" and follows up by saying that thats a joke that kvothe wont understand until he gets there.
I think that could also indicate that the doors of stone are not actually "doors" as such..
I dont have the impression that the amyr is actively doing anything, or have been doing anything for quite a while, i think they are fighting the Chandrian simply by keeping them from what they want, which i think is tied to the doors of stone.. So it seems logical that they are guarding it..
But again, i'll probably have to do a reread in order to find more stuff to support that theory..

message 32: by Amber, Master Sympathist (new)

I agree that the quote "no door shall bar my passing" is significant - thats why I brought it up in my argument. (I never suggested it wasnt important, you were the one suggesting Haliax was locked behind the doors of stone - hence why I brought the quote into the conversation)

I disagree that doors are not obstacles for anyone with an axe - axes are fairly easy to come by and doors like those in the library dont seem to be some easy thing to pass (the copper plated door that says Valaritas). I dont know if its any menial task for the chandrian to pass - thats not made evident, but I would suppose Haliax has some sort of more substantial power than the rest of the chandrian otherwise he wouldnt last as the leader.

I agree its difficult to assert what will happen in the future since many things have yet to be unveiled to the reader. I agree that the specific quote probably has something to do with the doors of stone which I stated in the quoted post...

I will also agree the listener thing is probably pretty subjective - but opening the lackless box as you suggested would probably take more skill than Kvothe currently can weild - which is what led to my disagreement with that argument. I assumed the box was more of a yllish puzzle than some magical open says me sort of thing. Which would be more in line with the sort of things Kvothe character more simply solves.

I suppose Haliax doesnt physically touch anyone - he actually has them travel through his shadow form to escape whatever they needed to at the time - but when Selitos curses Haliax - he does have a physical form so I just dont know why that would suddenly be behind the doors of stone....

Also - I do remember that quote from the Cthaeh. It was quite an interesting moment. The Maer is the first and only character I have associated with the possibility of being an Amyr. He has expressed a real interest in them to Kvothe in an almost out of nowhere style. So I'll concede that what you are thinking in regards to this subject could be possible. I hate speculation on the Amyr because they are generally absent from 80% of the story and their isnt much to make a claim of anything about them.

message 33: by Amber, Master Sympathist (new)

Could be.
Wonder if Kvothe ever makes it that far LOL.

message 34: by Tobias (new)

Tobias Wolter (mumpfpuffel) | 13 comments The doors to the archives themselves ("Vorfelan Rhinata Morie") are made of stone.

The four-plate door is, also, stone beneath the plates.

I'm currently kicking the idea of the whole of the University being the place behind the doors of stone around a bit, seeing how it's where knowledge is kept, and there's people guarding said knowledge.

message 35: by Amber, Master Sympathist (new)

Thats sort of interesting.

Didnt notice that Rhinata part til now. I remember them not knowing what it meant though.

I'm suspicious of anything similar to Rhinta since WMF LOL

And I think this theory could hold weight. Something is definitley up with the archives.

message 36: by Jezdynamite (last edited Jun 23, 2012 08:27PM) (new)

Jezdynamite | 13 comments Hi all.
I think the generic title of Doors of Stone is a brilliant title cause it keeps us guessing and it could relate to all, none, one or many of these doors, like:
- the doors to the archives
- the Valaritas door
- waystones in general
- the Lackless door
- potentially also the door to the Amyr
- the doors of death
- the double ring of greystones that Kvothe dreams about

Wouldn't it be interesting what could happen when/if Kvothe learns the name of Stone and what he could inadvertently do to one or more of these doors.

message 37: by Thomas (new)

Thomas | 29 comments Tobias! I had forgotten about the translation on the door. Good eye.

you get another close german translation on Vorfelan to mean 'to fail or miss'. No idea if this is significant.

Wil translates the inscription to be "the desire for knowledge shapes a man". If Rhinata translates roughly to knowledge, then the Chandrian are "those who know" or something similar, and the flower from the Cthae's tree is something similar to a forbidden fruit of knowledge.

Might be stretching....

message 38: by Amber, Master Sympathist (new)

It does seem like a stretch...but I think this is a fair stretch. Especially with more than one contributer seeing things in this direction.

I like where this is going.

Leads in good to the "chandrian arent necessarily evil" theory, which I happen to be liking more and more.

I've been slacking on my reread of WMF, so gotta pick that up tonight so I can make more waves on the boards and see if we can dig up some more interesting ideas....and see if I can find furthur correlation for this theory and others.

message 39: by Ancapaillmor (last edited Sep 03, 2012 04:45AM) (new)

Ancapaillmor | 76 comments I've 2 theories, firstly it's like the box that held part of the moons name, maybe it holds a part of lanres power and thats why he's in shadow, he's incomplete. That fits if lanre and jax are the same being.

Second i think more likely, i'm with amber and others in that lanre and jax are different people. Jax is trapped behind the doors, kvothe releases him unwittingly be it through his ignorance or manipulation. Jax was thee shaper and the scrael are one of his creations.

Although i do like the waystone theory, the doors would be a permanent link between the fae and this world.

message 40: by Amber, Master Sympathist (new)

Maybe Lanre met Iax and Iax shaped him a new name that was more powerful.

I was always under the impression that Selitos cursed Haliax and that was why he was in shadow. Previous to that he just looked like Lanre, but wasnt Lanre.

message 41: by Ancapaillmor (new)

Ancapaillmor | 76 comments Amber wrote: "Maybe Lanre met Iax and Iax shaped him a new name that was more powerful.

I was always under the impression that Selitos cursed Haliax and that was why he was in shadow. Previous to that he just ..."

Someone on Reddit pointed out that duribg the betrayal lanre was wearing armour that looked similar to the beast he defeated in the battle where he died. Could it be linked, similar or part of name change.

Just thinking that the box or door could be how he was cursed by selutos.

message 42: by Amber, Master Sympathist (new)

Someone here posted that as well and I thought it was an awesome idea.

It would be crazy if he were possesed by a cursed set of armor or something...

message 43: by Ancapaillmor (new)

Ancapaillmor | 76 comments Amber wrote: "Someone here posted that as well and I thought it was an awesome idea.

It would be crazy if he were possesed by a cursed set of armor or something..."

There's that whole yllish dual ownership idea going on too which could relate, still have not got my head around it.

message 44: by Amber, Master Sympathist (new)

yes, I wish I could find that thread to link here.
Its definitely a possibility. I think if Pat doesnt use it, whoever came up with it should write their own story because that is a great damn idea!

Once in D&D I had a character who picked up a cursed sword, it was really badass, but sometimes it would take control of my character and I wouldnt be able to stop her. It sucked! I also couldnt put the sword down on sheath it. I imagine it sort of like that. In RPG's they have things called "intellegent items" if you look it up it might give you a better understanding of how something like that might work.
(as a player in a game, it really freakin' sucks when that shit happens....sometimes)

I cant wait for Pat to finish the series so he can release the Campaign setting he made up, I'll be first in line to buy that shit and switch to HERO system.

message 45: by Eric (new)

Eric | 99 comments http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...

http://www.reddit.com/r/KingkillerChr...

I posted it both places after I found the KKC subreddit existed. Not sure what the implications are but good luck getting Pat to comment on it!

message 46: by Ancapaillmor (new)

Ancapaillmor | 76 comments There's definately something to the dual ownership thing because vashet mentioned that she hoped kvothes sword would temper his nature.

message 47: by Eric (new)

Eric | 99 comments Ancapaillmor wrote: "There's definately something to the dual ownership thing because vashet mentioned that she hoped kvothes sword would temper his nature."

Wow, great find.