GoodGames discussion

Individual Console Lovers > PC/The Internet...Are free play games really free?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (new)

Mark Burns (TheFailedPhilosopher) | 105 comments Mod
We all do it out of boredom...this is for this who do it for real.

message 2: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I am addicted to these stupid facebook games. At the minute I have moved on to Deep Realms.

I HATE the fact that you have to have facebook friends who play these games to be your "neighbors" most of the time. I have plenty of "friends", most of which don't play games, or not the same ones. It's annoying not to be able to move on in a game without begging your friends to play!

message 3: by Paolo (new)

Paolo (paolovf) Amelia wrote: "I am addicted to these stupid facebook games. At the minute I have moved on to Deep Realms.

I HATE the fact that you have to have facebook friends who play these games to be your "neighbors" mo..."

There was a good post by Minecraft developer (Notch) on these "Free" facebook games. I'd tend to agree with him.

message 4: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I never buy any of their coins or whatever they peddle so you can buy certain weapons or more life or whatever. If I get to the point I can't play anymore on my own merits I just quit that game.

He's right though, you could spend a helluva lot more than a game would cost upgrading. Or, if you have an issue with patience, waiting for your energy bar to fill back up isn't always easy when you are trying to do something.

It's a time killer at work though, I think they might object to my bringing in a tv & console...

message 5: by Kit★ (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) Amelia wrote: "I HATE the fact that you have to have facebook friends who play these games to be your "neighbors" most of the time. I have plenty of "friends", most of which don't play games, or not the same ones. It's annoying not to be able to move on in a game without begging your friends to play!"

Exactly! That's so annoying, so I quit playing them. Hate having to put up umpteen million annoying wall posts asking for the "items" I need to move onward, and hate the games with the "energy" bar that takes forever to fill, so I can get on, do three or four things on the game, and that's it unless I wanna sit there for 15 minutes waiting until I can do two or three more things. Stupid. I was having fun with Kingdoms of Camelot for awhile, but then it got to the point where to build something took 3 days, and couldn't do anything else but wait, so I quit playing that too.

Regular on disc PC games, really the only thing I play is the Sims. Sims 3 now, though I've been addicted to 'em all ever since I played the first one when it came out. I'm horribly addicted to the Sims... once I get going, it's hours before I can tear myself away. :)

message 6: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I'm loading up FFXIV right now, we'll see how it goes.

Fable was okay, I'm sure I'll play it eventually, but I'm dying to get a look at the FF...

message 7: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I keep trying to load my FF, but it keeps saying "cyclical redundency" or some crap and quitting on me. What the hell? I don't even know what that means! I've shut everything down, restarted my computer and tried to load it with nothing else running.

It may be my AVG, but I can't figure out how to turn it off!

*sigh*

message 8: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Seriously, one of you PC people needs to help me out here! I figured out how to turn off AVG for 15 minutes. I did that, then tried to load again and I got:

Feature: DefaltFeature
Component: New Component 2
File: D:/data/data2.cab
Error: Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check)

What the hell does that mean???