Struggling Writers discussion

*Archives * > Anchor Babies

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Weldon (sarahrweldon-author) | 6045 comments Jessica wrote: "I think that it should not be tolerated. As cruel as this may sound, the baby should be put up for adoption and the parents should be kicked out of America."

Have you ever thought of why they left their homeland and risked deportation?

I don't condone the practise but neither do I think they should be deprived of their child because of it they should be asked to give valid reasons for their actions and at least given a chance?

Firestormkittycat I don't know what I think. No, they shouldn't come here in the first place illegally, and it seems wrong to me to have a baby just so you can live in a different country. But there will always be those who have done everything they can and deserve a better life but life is working against them. So I'm on the fence. Not saying the anchor babies are ok, just saying that I don't have much of an opinion or the ability to back it up.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Weldon (sarahrweldon-author) | 6045 comments Jessica wrote: "Good point. I personally think that if you want to get into the country, get in the right way."

You are young and you will learn there is no such thing as cut and dried,or black and white, just life in varying shades of grey people will lie, cheat and steal, some will do it through greed and some will do it in order to survive!

Firestormkittycat Shades of gray bug me.

message 5: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) | 2500 comments I'm on the fence on this issue