The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > Glad to have found this group!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert Bidinotto (robertbidinotto) | 23 comments I've been a thriller reader since I was a boy, and since I'm now 62, that's a long time.

I cut my teeth on the works of Alistair MacLean, Mickey Spillane, Donald Hamilton, Desmond Bagley, Edward S. Aarons, and other pioneers of the genre from the Fifties and Sixties. Now, I love the works of Stephen Hunter, Lee Child, Brad Thor, Vince Flynn, Nelson DeMille, Robert Crais, Robert B. Parker, Daniel Silva, and many, many more.

I blog about these stellar writers, and I recently published my own debut thriller. I look forward to reading all your recommendations and insights and perhaps you'll like some of my own.

Best,

Robert Bidinotto

message 2: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (new)

Hayes (hayes13) | 2060 comments Mod
Hi Robert, thanks for joining us. You'll find lots and lots of things to read here. The group's tastes run from cozy to noir so somehting will surely appeal!

Good luck with your book and your blog.

message 3: by Robert (new)

Robert Bidinotto (robertbidinotto) | 23 comments Thanks much, Hayes. I'm going to do a lot of lurking and learning, and chime in occasionally.

message 4: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

Donna | 2178 comments Mod
Welcome to the group Robert. Lurking is certainly permitted but we hope you will join in the discussion if you see a thread that interests you.

message 5: by Robert (new)

Robert Bidinotto (robertbidinotto) | 23 comments Oh, I shall! Shutting me up may be the problem, Donna. Thanks for the kind welcome.

message 6: by Jane (new)

Jane (flopsybunny) | 159 comments "Lurking" somehow seems very apt for this group :D

message 7: by Robert (new)

Robert Bidinotto (robertbidinotto) | 23 comments Hahaha. Very good, Jane.

message 8: by Jane (new)

Jane (flopsybunny) | 159 comments Congratulations on the excellent reviews your book has received. Sadly it is only available on Kindle in the UK so I will just have to wait until Christmas to read it. (A Kindle is on my wish list). Are you going to be publishing it in paper form? ;)

message 9: by Robert (new)

Robert Bidinotto (robertbidinotto) | 23 comments Jane, thanks for the kind comment about the reviews that HUNTER has received. I was frankly astonished by the overwhelmingly positive response. HUNTER is indeed available as a trade paperback via Amazon.com (CreateSpace) in the U.S.

By the way, no reader should regard the lack of a dedicated ereader (Kindle, Nook, Kobo, etc.) as an impediment to reading ebooks. You can download free "Kindle apps" to Android phones, iPhones, PCs, MACs, Blackberry devices, etc., from the Kindle site, and with those apps buy and read ebooks. You can also find different downloadable versions of my ebook and thousands of others at Smashwords.com.