Shut Up & Read discussion

Archives > Blood Red Road (BOTM ) Discussion

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanecia (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3781 comments Mod
I'm soooo excited about this book! The UPS guy just came to my door at 6;36 pm i was so happy! I was going to be angry if it didn't come today. But its here so Let's Go!

Lovey Dovey Books (loveydoveybooks) I first read Blood Red Road earlier this year when I wasn't too into the dystopian genre. This book definitely changed my opinion and I really enojyed reading it. You will never be able to guess what's going to happen next!

message 3: by Tanecia (new)

yay hopefully i like it as much as everyone els! i heard some dog on good reviews about this book. And is pretty cool to not too pretty not to plain....

message 4: by Tanecia (new)

Omg!!!!!!!!!!! I think I'm Loving this book!!! Okay I'm still in the first chapters but its already good and its just started! I've been reading since this morning and I cant put it down! I like Saba i can already tell she's going to kick ass! I love how they've incorporated the love hate relationship between Saba and her sister Emmi...I'm kind of new to the dystopian genre's but I cant believe I haven't read more books like these i freaking love them action non-stop!!

message 5: by MeMe Belikova (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 949 comments Im only 150 pages in and this book cant get anymore AWESOME. Wow Moira Young is giving Suzanne Collins a run for her money! Just half way through and this book has more excitment and action going on than all Hunger games books put together!(Sorry Katniss) But Saba is KICKASS!!! Cant get enough (view spoiler) Im loving this book!

message 6: by Ivory (new)

Ivory (ivory19) | 14 comments Love this book too! 3/4 of the way through and it definitely get a 5 star rating from me. Lol,...find myself trying to find extra time throughout the day to sit and read.

message 7: by Tanecia (new)

Joanna wrote: "Love this book too! 3/4 of the way through and it definitely get a 5 star rating from me. Lol,...find myself trying to find extra time throughout the day to sit and read."

I'm having the same problem too! I already know I'm giving it 5 stars too! But it's like I don't have enough time in the day to balance everything . I'm soo glad this a series so we can have more Saba in our life's lol !

message 8: by Caryn (new)

Caryn I just started this! I can't wait to get into the story and discuss with everyone!

message 9: by MeMe Belikova (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 949 comments Caryn wrote: "I just started this! I can't wait to get into the story and discuss with everyone!"

I can't wait fill you get to the good parts too so we can chat about! It's Awesomeness!

message 10: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 119 comments I read this book awhile ago, it definitely was intriguing, at first I didn't know if I was going to like it but slowly as things started to pick up I loved it!

message 11: by Tanecia (new)

Yes I totally agree! Hopefully the second book will start a bigger stir next year......whenever it come out.

message 12: by MeMe Belikova (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 949 comments I loved this book from the first page to the end. I can't wait till the next book.

message 13: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 291 comments Oh I really want to read this one!

message 14: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 3466 comments Mod
I am going to have to add this to my huge growing list of to be read. Sounds good.

message 15: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Thought this one was quite good and an obvious next book for HUNGER GAMES lovers, but I didn't think it was as strong as DIVERGENT. Maybe you all read that one already.

message 16: by Tanecia (new)

No I haven't read divergent yet, but I plan on reading it soon to see what everyone is talking about. But I really loved this book so it would be nice to read another that could possibly be better. :)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I really liked Blood Red Road. Parts of it reminded way to much of The Forest of Hands and Teeth which was a little disappointing (don't want to put any spoilers if you have not finished this one or read The Forest of Hands and Teeth, message me for details). However the language of this book is what set it apart from any other book in this genre. Overall it was pretty good.

QUESTION:
Has anyone seen the new cover art for this book? I really dislike it. I love the old art and am glad that I bought it when I did. What do you guys think?

message 18: by Laura (new)

Laura Thomas (laurathomas) | 562 comments I'm new to the dystopian genre. But I will add this to my to be read list alongside of Divergent.

message 19: by Christina (new)

Christina | 18 comments Blood Red Road is one of the best books I've ever read, and I don't mean only in the dystopian genre. I don't read much dystopian (except Divergent; have yet to read The Hunger Games, though), but this book was totally awesome. I love Saba, and I can't wait for the second book. Does anyone know when it comes out?

message 20: by Tanecia (new)

She said summer 2012 I believe. So long from now ugh!

message 21: by Tanecia (new)

This book was amazing huh!? But have you read Blood Warrior yet? If not it will completely Nick your socks off!

message 22: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 291 comments Tt wrote: "This book was amazing huh!? But have you read Blood Warrior yet? If not it will completely Nick your socks off!"

I have Blood Warrior, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Glad to hear its good

message 23: by Laura (new)

Laura Thomas (laurathomas) | 562 comments I have Blood Warrior also. So many books to read. I think I'll have to put post-its all over to remember to read it!