Cozy Mysteries discussion

Members Reading/Challenge Lists > Nettie's Cozy Challenges

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by TE (last edited Nov 02, 2011 03:50PM) (new)

TE (jeannette-marie) √ Diabetes Awareness: Fatally Frosted
√ Computer Learning: Bad Moon On The Rise - Kindle edition
√ Frugal Fun: Nordic Nights (frugal because it's a free Kindle book)
√ Wedding: Night of the Living Dandelion (characters announce engagement; placeholder in case I can't get through another one by the end of the challenge)
Halloween: Bedeviled Eggs I started this challenge too late.

I won't be able to finish the last October book today (10/31), but I'm looking forward to reading all the Autumn Challenge books. These challenges are a fun way to choose books from my TBR shelf and wish list.

Fatally Frosted (Donut Shop Mystery #2) by Jessica Beck Bad Moon On The Rise (Casey Jones mystery series) by Katy Munger Nordic Nights (The Alix Thorssen Mysteries) by Lise McClendon Night of the Living Dandelion (A Flower Shop Mystery, #11) by Kate Collins Bedeviled Eggs (Cackleberry Club, #3) by Laura Childs

message 2: by TE (last edited Nov 30, 2011 06:17AM) (new)

TE (jeannette-marie) Autumn Challenge 2011

√ A: Delicious and Suspicious by Riley Adams
√ U: Beautiful Lies by Lisa Unger
√ T: Twice as Dead
√ U: Unknown Means
√ M: Death of a Witch by M.C. Beaton (I decided to put Maron's new book on my Santa wish list and read one I already own.)
√ N: A Nice Class of Corpse

√ Bonus: Wicked Autumn: A Max Tudor Novel

Completed 11/30/2011

Delicious and Suspicious (Memphis Barbeque Mystery #1) by Riley Adams Beautiful Lies (Ridley Jones, #1) by Lisa Unger Twice as Dead (Odelia Grey, #6) by Sue Ann Jaffarian Unknown Means by Elizabeth Becka A Nice Class of Corpse (Mrs Pargeter Mystery, #1) by Simon Brett Death of a Witch (Hamish Macbeth, #25) by M.C. Beaton Wicked Autumn A Max Tudor Novel by G.M. Malliet

message 3: by TE (last edited Nov 16, 2011 10:13AM) (new)

TE (jeannette-marie) November 2011 Challenge

All Saints/Soul's Day: Twice as Dead
Guy Fawkes Day: A Nice Class of Corpse
Book Lover's Day: Wicked Autumn: A Max Tudor Novel
Homemade Bread Day: Since I didn't finish in time for the Halloween book, I'll hopefully manage it this month. Bedeviled Eggs (I baked pumpkin bread.)
Veteran's Day: All Mortal Flesh

Completed 11/11/2011

Twice as Dead (Odelia Grey, #6) by Sue Ann Jaffarian A Nice Class of Corpse (Mrs Pargeter Mystery, #1) by Simon Brett Wicked Autumn A Max Tudor Novel by G.M. Malliet Bedeviled Eggs (Cackleberry Club, #3) by Laura Childs All Mortal Flesh ( A Rev. Clare Fergusson and Russ Van Alstyne Mystery, #5) by Julia Spencer-Fleming

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth8921) | 5308 comments Very clever and fun Nettie!

message 5: by TE (last edited Dec 13, 2011 11:36AM) (new)

TE (jeannette-marie) Sherlock Holmes Challenge
Started 11/01/2011

√ 1. Detective or PI: The Snowman
√ 2. Assistant: Mr. Monk on the Couch (Assistant: Natalie)
√ 3. Address in title or Baker: Murder Trims the Tree by Deb Baker
√ 4. England: The Shooting in the Shop
√ 5. Holmes story: Murder under the Mistletoe: And Other Stories The Adventure of the Blue Carbunkle
√ 6. Author tri-name or Sir/Dame: Hercule Poirot's Christmas by (Dame) Agatha Christie
√ 7. Smoker character or title: Maigret's Christmas
√ 8. Drugs: Shop Till You Drop
√ 9. Deductive reasoning: Death of a Witch
√ 10. Disguise: Murder Talks Turkey
√ 11. Forensic science: The Chemistry of Death
√ 12. Hat or cape: Wicked Autumn: A Max Tudor Novel (Awena Owen wears a cape)
√ 13. One major villan: The Surgeon & The Apprentice (The Surgeon is in both books.)

Completed 12/13/2011

message 6: by TE (last edited Nov 27, 2011 04:40PM) (new)

TE (jeannette-marie) 50 States Challenge
I'm starting the challenge with books I read in October, 2011.

TBR:
*Alaska (AK)*Arizona (AZ)*Arkansas (AR)*Colorado (CO)*Connecticut (CT)*Delaware (DE)*Georgia (GA)*Hawaii (HI)*Idaho (ID)*Illinois (IL)*Iowa (IA)*Kansas (KS)*Kentucky (KY)*Louisiana (LA)*Maine (ME)*Maryland (MI)*Minnesota (MN)*Mississippi (MS)*Missouri (MO)*Montana (MT)*Nebraska (NE)*Nevada (NV)*New Hampshire (NH)*New Jersey (NJ)*New Mexico (NM)*North Dakota (ND)*Oklahoma (OK)*Oregon (OR)*Pennsylvania (PA)*Rhode Island (RI)*South Carolina (SC)*South Dakota (SD)*Texas (TX)*Utah (UT)*Vermont (VT)*Virginia (VA)*Washington (WA)*West Virginia (WV)*Wisconsin (WI)

Read:
Alabama 11/2011 Murder Carries a Torch
California 10/2011 State Fair
Florida 11/2011 Shop Till You Drop
Indiana 10/2011 Night of the Living Dandelion
Massachusetts 11/2011 The Apprentice
Michigan 11/2011 Murder Talks Turkey: A Gertie Johnson Murder Mystery
New York 10/2011 To Darkness and to Death
North Carolina 10/2011 Bad Moon On The Rise
Ohio 11/2011 Unknown Means
Tennessee 11/2011 Delicious and Suspicious
Wyoming 11/2011 The Ghost Walker

message 7: by TE (last edited Dec 23, 2011 10:34AM) (new)

TE (jeannette-marie) December 2011 Mini Challenge

Repeal Day (alcohol): Wined and Died I kept procrastinating this one because I'm distracted by the fun I'm having researching and making my New Year's Eve costume. I probably won't finish this challenge before the end of the month.
√ Take It in the Ear Day (8th TBR): The Shooting in the Shop
√ Ding-a-Ling Day ("D" title or author): Death of a Dreamer
√ Make Up Your Mind Day (any TBR): Kissing Christmas Goodbye
√ Unlucky Day (7th or 13th in series or 7/13 letters in title): Wreck the Halls

Wined and Died (Home Crafting Mystery, #5) by Cricket McRae The Shooting in the Shop (Fethering, #11) by Simon Brett Death of a Dreamer (Hamish Macbeth, #22) by M.C. Beaton Kissing Christmas Goodbye (Agatha Raisin, #18) by M.C. Beaton Wreck the Halls (Home Repair is Homicide, #5) by Sarah Graves

message 8: by TE (last edited Jan 23, 2012 05:44AM) (new)

TE (jeannette-marie) January 2012 Mini Challenge

√ Quirky character: Executive Lunch
Water in the title or on the cover: The Scent of Rain and Lightning
√ Someone is falsely accused: Roast Mortem
Number on the cover: Think of a Number
Most recent TBR: The Missing Ink

I don't think I'll be even close to meeting this month's challenge, especially since two of my books haven't yet arrived. I did get a PBS message this morning that Missing Ink has been offered for a trade, so I may get that one on time.

Executive Lunch (A Sedona O'Hala Mystery #1) by Maria E. Schneider The Scent of Rain and Lightning by Nancy Pickard Roast Mortem (Coffeehouse Mystery, #9) by Cleo Coyle Think of a Number (Dave Gurney, #1) by John Verdon The Missing Ink (Tattoo Shop Mystery, #1) by Karen E. Olson

message 9: by TE (new)

TE (jeannette-marie) I don't see a relevant forum topic on which to post this Savage Chickens Friday the 13th comic, but I did want to share it, especially since funny cozies are some of my favorites.