Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (general & ongoing) > November 2011 - What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 124 (124 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments It's November. You guys know the drill.

Stop by and share what you have recently finished, currently reading, or is about to start.

message 2: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments November starts with me in the middle of two books: Paolini's Brisingr and Melissa Marr's Ink Exchange.

message 3: by Erin (new)

Erin H Started The Chief (Highland Guard, #1) by Monica McCarty and so far I'm loving it!!

message 4: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments I'm hoping to finish up The Place of the Skull by Chingiz Aitmatov tonight - its good but dense like most russian literature.

I'm also working on Prey (Infected, #1) by Andrea Speed and probably going to start Dance With Me by Heidi Cullinan or Raine (the Lords of Satyr, #2) by Elizabeth Amber

message 5: by Ann (new)

Ann (annabell123) I just finished The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin and am going to start Enthralled by Melissa Marr tonight.

message 6: by LibraryLass (new)

LibraryLass | 772 comments I've started Born of Night (The League, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon ... liking it so far even though I have never really been a SciFi fan (other than J.D. Robb & Jayne Castle). Anyone else read the series???

message 7: by NayNay (new)

NayNay LibraryLass...I have read her Dark-Hunter series and her B.A.D. series, they are great. I always wanted to try this series but like you I am not really a SciFi fan....can you let me know what you thought of the book. Thanx.

message 8: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments I'm reading The Curse of Chalion (Chalion, #1) by Lois McMaster Bujold Paradise (Second Opportunities #1) by Judith McNaught Silent on the Moor (Lady Julia, #3) by Deanna Raybourn .

All going from good to great.

message 9: by LibraryLass (new)

LibraryLass | 772 comments Naynay wrote: "LibraryLass...I have read her Dark-Hunter series and her B.A.D. series, they are great. I always wanted to try this series but like you I am not really a SciFi fan....can you let me know what you t..."

Sure will, Naynay ;)

message 10: by Vi (new)

Vi | 2017 comments I finished Black Ice (Ice, #1) by Anne Stuart - loved the hero, bleh heroine and currently halfway through Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea Harrison . I'm loving it so far.

message 11: by Juana "Darkness" (new)

Juana "Darkness" Duran | 423 comments I am reading A Whisper of Roses by Teresa Medeiros A Whisper of Roses by Teresa Medeiros

message 12: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cawils_99) Just started Blameless (The Parasol Protectorate, #3) by Gail Carriger and A Most Unsuitable Groom by Kasey Michaels .

message 13: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Reading Standing in the Shadows (McClouds & Friends, #2) by Shannon McKenna - really good so far.

Fani *loves angst* (fanip) | 67 comments Finishing Warrior's Cross by Madeleine Urban -average at best- and started Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James -only read 10 pages but I love the writing so far.

message 15: by Mistral (new)

Mistral | 45 comments Just finished Naked in Death (In Death, #1) by J.D. Robb , I loved Roarke!!! Now I'm currently reading Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews

message 16: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) READING BREAKING DAWN AT THE MOMENT HAVE ONE A WEEK OR SO LEFT UNTIL THE MOVIE OPENS HOPE I FINISH.

message 17: by Megan (new)

Megan (teenqueen) | 58 comments I'm reading quite a few at the moment.
Anybody Out There? by Marian Keyes Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer The Host by Stephenie Meyer Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld Bloodlust (The Vampire Diaries Stefan's Diaries, #2) by L.J. Smith The Past, the Present and the Loud, Loud Girl (Ally's World, #1) by Karen McCombie

message 18: by Bube (new)

Bube (bube987) | 8 comments Megan wrote: "I'm reading quite a few at the moment.
Anybody Out There? by Marian KeyesFallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren KateThe Lucky One by Nicholas SparksTwilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie MeyerThe Host by Stephenie Meyer[bookc..."

"The Host";"Fallen";"Twilight" - excellent books Megan! :))

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 957 comments a little more than halfway done reading this:
Fury (The Fury Trilogy #1) by Elizabeth Miles

message 20: by Vi (new)

Vi | 2017 comments I finished Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea Harrison which was awesome.. Reading Storm's Heart (Elder Races, #2) by Thea Harrison which is good so far.

message 21: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments I just finished Marr's Ink Exchange. Interesting ending. It's not what i was hoping for, but it was realistic for the situation.

Need to find something light to offset the dark gloom it left me with.

message 22: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 366 comments I just finished Dirty Sexy Knitting (Malibu and Ewe #3) by Christie Ridgway . It was cute. Now I have a bunch of cozy mysteries to finish.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 957 comments Finished Fury (The Fury Trilogy #1) by Elizabeth Miles which wasn't as bad as what people were saying already about this book.

Going to start The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin in a little bit.

message 24: by Megan (new)

Megan (teenqueen) | 58 comments Bube wrote: "Megan wrote: "I'm reading quite a few at the moment.
Anybody Out There? by Marian KeyesFallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren KateThe Lucky One by Nicholas SparksTwilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer[bookcover:The Host|1..."

I'm really enjoying them all, although The Host is my favourite out of them 3!

message 25: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Just got done with Sand's Single White Vampire. Just the light, mind-candy I was looking for after Marr's Ink Exchange.

message 26: by Vi (new)

Vi | 2017 comments I finished Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel a little bit earlier. I didn't like it as much as I wanted to. I'm also listening to Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling - audiobook and I think this may finally be the one audio book I'll get through completely.

message 27: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments I'm also listening to a book narrated by Stephen Fry! (My first one) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Going really well. :)

message 28: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Finished Standing in the Shadows (McClouds & Friends, #2) by Shannon McKenna - the beginning and end are great. The middle lags a bit but I love the characters.

Now reading Seduction & Scandal (The Brethren Guardians, #1) by Charlotte Featherstone - I'm a sucker for a tortured hero.

message 29: by Vi (new)

Vi | 2017 comments DG, I'm trying the HP audio book thanks to you. I think this might be my first complete audiobook (I suspect it's because of the <9 hours listening time)

Oh, I need to read the Hitchhiker series soon too. How long is the audio?

D.G. ~Shameless Hussy~ wrote: "I'm also listening to a book narrated by Stephen Fry! (My first one) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Going really well. :)"

message 30: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (mrsjohnson1985) I just finished up The Cinderella Pact by Sarah Strohmeyer and now onto A Hopeless Romantic by Harriet Evans . I will say I enjoyed The Cinderella Pact VERY MUCH!

message 31: by Mounika (new)

Mounika (dazzlinglily) | 78 comments I've just finished What I Did For a Duke
just started Conqueror's Kiss by Hannah Howell as a part of november pifm.

message 32: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments Vi wrote: "DG, I'm trying the HP audio book thanks to you. I think this might be my first complete audiobook (I suspect it's because of the <9 hours listening time)

Oh, I need to read the Hitchhiker series s..."

The audio for the Hitchhiker's book is around 6 hrs.

message 33: by Vi (new)

Vi | 2017 comments Thanks, DG.

D.G. ~Shameless Hussy~ wrote: "The audio for the Hitchhiker's book is around 6 hrs."

message 34: by Vi (new)

Vi | 2017 comments I'm reading The Way of Shadows (Night Angel, #1) by Brent Weeks for a Buddy Read and listening to Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling . Also started: The Shattering by Karen Healey .

message 35: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11471 comments I finished Making Waves by Tawna Fenske and loved it! I also read Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel , which I liked.

message 36: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Schneider (triciaschneider) | 204 comments I have a whole list of Christmas books I want to read this year, starting with Wolfsbane and Mistletoe by Charlaine Harris . The month of December isn't long enough for me to read all these Christmas titles, so I have to start early! :)

message 37: by Erin (new)

Erin H Finished The Chief (Highland Guard, #1) by Monica McCarty and I loved it...started First Comes Marriage (Huxtable Quintet, #1) by Mary Balogh Vampire Darcy's Desire A Pride and Prejudice Adaptation by Regina Jeffers

message 38: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 68 comments LibraryLass wrote: "I've started Born of Night (The League, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon... liking it so far even though I have never really been a SciFi fan (other than J.D. Robb & Jayne Castle). Anyone else read the series???"

I read the first two books and really liked them...then I just started to loose interest. I do plan to go back and read the others.

message 39: by Geri (last edited Nov 09, 2011 01:18AM) (new)

Geri I'm reading Kim Harrison "Black Magic Sanction". I love this series.Black Magic Sanction

message 40: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 366 comments I'm reading Born To Be Wild (The Others, #9) by Christine Warren .

message 41: by Nikki ♥ (new)

Nikki ♥ I'm just starting Kill Me Twice (Bullet Catcher, #1) by Roxanne St. Claire .

message 42: by A_Vishous_Fan (new)

A_Vishous_Fan | 104 comments I recently finished Lyric's Cop (Crime Tells, #1) by Jory Strong and now I'm reading Christina's Tapestry (Tapestries, #1) by N.J. Walters

message 43: by Susie (new)

Susie Sherman (susie_bradley) | 31 comments Currently reading:
WEB Griffin's Special Ops
Tom Clancy's Dead or Alive
Boris Starling's Visibility

I'm going to start on Lois McMaster Bujold's The Curse of Chalion.

Of course, if I finish the Griffin & Clancy books I'm reading, that will be 2 more complete for the challenge, too.

Happy Reading!!

message 44: by Carrie (last edited Nov 11, 2011 04:02PM) (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 826 comments I'm about five chapters into

Loving it so far. To Dance With Kings A Novel of Versailles by Rosalind Laker

message 45: by Emily (new)

Emily | 826 comments Just starting The Power and the Glory (Harlequin Presents Extra #180) by Kimberly Lang

message 46: by Geri (new)

Geri I finished "Black Magic Sanction" and am now reading "Pale Demon".

littlebookbosomed bookreview (epeolatry) | 10 comments Just listen by Sarah dessen

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 409 comments i'm reading and listening this week. listening to To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1) by Elizabeth Hoyt . i've only read her Princes Trilogy which i enjoyed. it's starting out pretty good. and i'm reading Four Play by Maya Banks . this one is pretty exciting as well.

message 49: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (mrsjohnson1985) I'm reading Naked Heat (Nikki Heat #2) by Richard Castle . Just finished up A Hopeless Romantic by Harriet Evans this past week.

message 50: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Derricott (jessid) Just Joined the Group!!! I am currently reading Nauti Nights by Lora Leigh.

« previous 1 3