The Romance Bookies discussion

Thirteen Reasons Why
This topic is about Thirteen Reasons Why
Book Club!! > Thirteen Reasons Why

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

The Romance Bookie (theromancebookie) | 86 comments Mod
Let's get our discussion on!!! :)

littlebookbosomed bookreview (epeolatry) | 5 comments I heard a lot of negative comments about this book from my friends :s I'm afraid to read this book

Really?? I've only heard great things. I bought it so I'm just going to read it. I did hear that they are making a movie out of it and that Selena Gomez, I guess, is supposed to play the character of the girl who wrote the letter.

I just know it's going to be sad, just from reading the back haha.

BTW, if you have any suggestions on what you want us to add on the poll list for December's read, let me know! I will gladly add it. :)

message 4: by Abeo (new)

Abeo (booklover4eva) | 88 comments Mod
Isn't it supposed to be kind of creepy and depressing?

Really? I heard its sad but I don't know. I guess I will find out this month haha it's already sitting on my bookshelf.

Diana I read it this summer and it's definitely sad. I liked it enough to agree with all the good reviews it has gotten, but it's also a sensitive subject so the bad reviews are understandable.

Yeah I can see why. Now I really need to read this book to see how I feel about it. Did any of you ever read "If I stay" by gayle forman, that book is also really depressing but extremely good! I just read the sequel "Where she went" last week and absolutely LOVED it!! It was one of my favorite books ever!

littlebookbosomed bookreview (epeolatry) | 5 comments Woah, selena gomez? I'll try to read it XD Okay :)

Skyla wrote: "Woah, selena gomez? I'll try to read it XD Okay :)"

LOL just checking: sarcasm or real enthusiasm?? :) It's hard to tell when speaking excitedly about Selena Gomez?? But then again, I really don't, personally, have a problem with her, I actually like some of her new music. Not a big fan of her show, but music wise she's pretty good. :)

message 10: by Abeo (new)

I like her music okay, but am not a huge fan of her show. Thirteen Reasons Why does seem interesting I think i will give it a try!

Yeah, I'm looking forward to reading it. And yes I agree, I actually like a few of her songs right now, but never have been a huge fan of "Wizards", but then again i haven't been a fan of the newer disney shows for a while now. I'm a still of the original stuff, like "Lizzie McGuire", "Even Stevens", "Boy Meets World", "That's So Raven", and "Kim Possible" :)

message 12: by Abeo (new)

I absolutely love "Kim Possible." But, I don't really like any of the new Disney shows

Tavia (OfAutumnBreezes) | 3 comments Woah, where was I that I didn't hear about this movie? Sounds good :) I hope it turns out to be one of those films that does justice to the book.

I read the book two years back, so I don't remember many small details, but I do remember that I really did like the book. It was dark, but it was a great story at the same time... It's kind of sad to think, though, that if maybe one of those bad things hadn't happened to her- if one of those people hadn't been in her life- how she might not have died.

Tavia wrote: "Woah, where was I that I didn't hear about this movie? Sounds good :) I hope it turns out to be one of those films that does justice to the book.

I read the book two years back, so I don't remem..."

Yeah I really looking forward to reading it, because even though I heard it's sad, I still heard it's a good book. I mean look at Nicholas Sparks books, some of those are absolutely devastating but they turn out to be extremely good stories! That's what matters to me.

I just finished "Thirteen Reasons Why" and let me just say that it is one of the best most touching books I have ever read. An unbelievable story, so beautiful.