The Zombie Group! discussion

Authors of Zombie Stories

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zeb (new)

Zeb Bradley (zebulonb) | 9 comments Hey everyone, I just opened a publishing company (bradley publishing)and we are now open for submissions. I am a big zombie fan so if any of you authors out there have a terrifying zombie story to submit, with the intent of getting published check the submission guidelines at www.bradleypublishings.com and feel free to send me an email at zeb@bradleypublishings.com Thanks look forward to hearing from you!

message 2: by Shawn Riddle (new)

Shawn Riddle | 19 comments I have a large facebook group for Author David Moody and many of us in there are new and aspiring authors, a few old hats as well, would it be ok if i posted a link to your submission calls for my group, youll more than likely get a lot of stories from there, we actually just published out own anthology for the group through KnightWatch Press.

message 3: by Zeb (new)

Zeb Bradley (zebulonb) | 9 comments Shawn, that would be great if you would do that. Thank you very much. I am on facebook as well. Heres the link
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=....

message 4: by Shawn Riddle (new)

Shawn Riddle | 19 comments Zeb wrote: "Shawn, that would be great if you would do that. Thank you very much. I am on facebook as well. Heres the link
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=...."

It says page cannot be found.

message 5: by Zeb (new)

Zeb Bradley (zebulonb) | 9 comments Hmm weird. Let me try again.
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/p...

message 6: by Shawn Riddle (new)

Shawn Riddle | 19 comments Got it this time, but i dont see any specific open calls for submissions for anthologies and the like, i posted the link in my group however.

message 7: by Zeb (new)

Zeb Bradley (zebulonb) | 9 comments Ok thanks for posting it in your group. No, there is not any specific calls for anthologies or anything specific. It does say that we are open for submissions and they can check our website for submission guidelines. We are open to any form of horror submission including anthologies, compilation short stories, novellas, novels, etc.

message 8: by Shawn Riddle (new)

Shawn Riddle | 19 comments No problem, I work for KnightWatch Press myself, we have had a lot of success with getting submissions to anthologies. Have you thought about posting open calls for specific anthologies with a theme? Those tend to get more attention then just saying youre open to submissions of stories. Just curious.

message 9: by Zeb (new)

Zeb Bradley (zebulonb) | 9 comments Yes we have thought of that and plan on doing that in the future for sure. Still in intial startup and getting in our first submissions now so most likely within the next month or two we will begin planning out certain themed anthologies. There are so many different directions and themes for those anthologies I cannot wait to get into them!

message 10: by Shawn Riddle (new)

Shawn Riddle | 19 comments Trust me i know, Lol. I am editing and compiling 4 anthologies for Knightwatch, 2 oth them were actually only open to my facebook group. I love putting these togather, and the first actually is in print as of last friday, all kinds of fun.

message 11: by Marcus (new)

Marcus Blakeston | 10 comments I'm not looking for a publisher, but I will be looking for some beta readers for this in the near future. Shawn, what's your Facebook group called?

http://marcusblakeston.wordpress.com/...

message 12: by Shawn Riddle (new)

Shawn Riddle | 19 comments Marcus wrote: "I'm not looking for a publisher, but I will be looking for some beta readers for this in the near future. Shawn, what's your Facebook group called?

http://marcusblakeston.wordpress.com/......"

Moody's Survivors - The Last of the Living

Cassandra Stryffe | 7 comments Zeb, I will be sure to submit to your company this weekend. Thanks!

Shawn...I submitted to KWP almost 2 months ago...I'm trying to be patient, as your submissions page states that it make take longer than 30 days for novel. But just out of curiosity how much longer? You're publishing a friend of mine, I really wanted KWP, but if I can't hook you guys, I'd like to just get on with submitting to a few others.

I really do want to wait until I get an answer from KWPress though.

message 14: by Shawn Riddle (new)

Shawn Riddle | 19 comments Zeb,

Which anthology did you submit for? Or was it a novel?

message 15: by Zeb (new)

Zeb Bradley (zebulonb) | 9 comments Shawn, I think it was Cassandra who you meant to ask.

message 16: by Shawn Riddle (new)

Shawn Riddle | 19 comments oops youre right, im still a newbie here, Cassandra, same question. Lol

Cassandra Stryffe | 7 comments Honestly, I think I may have misread the page. I didn't see anything for specific anthologies on the submission page. I could be wrong.

My memory isn't what it used to be. Brain damaged here ya know! lol

message 18: by J.L. (new)

J.L. Murphey (JLMurphey) | 17 comments Zeb wrote: "Hey everyone, I just opened a publishing company (bradley publishing)and we are now open for submissions. I am a big zombie fan so if any of you authors out there have a terrifying zombie story to ..."

Zeb are you only looking for shorts?

message 19: by Zeb (last edited Nov 11, 2011 09:12AM) (new)

Zeb Bradley (zebulonb) | 9 comments J.L., No not just shorts. For horror we accept the 20k to 120k + range. For authors who mostly write short stories, but have multiple stories, we do accept compilations where the total word count is above 20k words. If you have something in the works, or already complete feel free to send it over to submissions@bradleypublishings.com. I'd love to check it out.

message 20: by J.L. (new)

J.L. Murphey (JLMurphey) | 17 comments Zeb,
I'm actually in the process of creating my second in the "Zombie Apocalypse" series. The first was published in September and sales have been decent (to me). "ZA: Travelers" should be complete by January 2012. My horror/suspense runs about 50K words although this one may be longer.

I'll check it out.

Jo