The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4) The Iron Knight discussion

**IRON KNIGHT SPOILER ALERT** What if Julie Kagawa decided to make a spin-off about Meghan's and Ash's son, Kierran?

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Elena Julie Kagawa kind of insinuated something could happen between Kierran and a certain summer fey, during Ash's last test.. and since Ash's and Meghan's story has 'ended', wouldn't it be cool to have a spin-off like that?

Sara I could see that as a fun possibility. I liked that Kierran had a mischievous side. Though there would have to be a strong new set of characters to support a spin-off.

Ziyue Meghan and Ash had a son!!! OMG!!! U should put a big SPOILERS alert sign on this topic. I still haven't read the iron knight yet.

Anna Munson Yeah! I was thinking the same thing. Because wouldn't Kierran have a hard time to find love because he is an Iron prince and that he can't leave to be in the mortal world cause of his mom

Redwallcrazy That would be an AWESOME book to read!!!! Much better than Ethan.

Elena Mimi wrote: "Meghan and Ash had a son!!! OMG!!! U should put a big SPOILERS alert sign on this topic. I still haven't read the iron knight yet."

I'm sorry. :( I hadn't thought of that. Console yourself with the fact that it all was a 'maybe-it-could-happen' future, because in reality we didn't see it happen. It was just a 'vision' or something.

And yeah.. I'm sure that J.Kagawa would try to make it interesting with Ethan, but I'd rather have Kierran as main character of a spin-off.

Redwallcrazy Well, that's what her next book series is suppose to be about. It puts the spot light on Ethan and I will read it, but I'm dissappointed it was Ethan, y'know?

Elena I heard about that. I'm disappointed too. But we'll see. Also, time flows differently in the Nevernever. Therefore, when Ethan's all grown up, Kierran should still be a baby. So we can't even follow his story. :( theoretically.

Redwallcrazy Could be. True. Still it's like ....... Ethan? Why Ethan!

message 10: by Veronica (last edited Feb 17, 2012 02:32PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Veronica Actually, it's possible Kierran will never be born because he was only produced through the events in the test but, with what REALLY happened in the story, I don't think he will be born.

I'm not saying they won't have a child, I'm just saying it may not be him. It's kind of like "if we go left - this happens. If we go right - this happens".

Autumn Actually,Julie Kagawa is making a spin off series.It's Eathan when he's a teenager.

Elena That's what we're bitching about, Autumn. haha (:

message 13: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Munson Same here! I just think Kierran would have a better plot than what Ethan has.

Redwallcrazy Eileen wrote: "I totally agree! I think that Kierran would have been a been a better main character to do the spin-off off of! I also wish that Julie would do a small novella for a "Ten Years Later" for Meghan an..."

Exactly!!! You've read my mind, lol!

Arushi Anna wrote: "Same here! I just think Kierran would have a better plot than what Ethan has."

Agreed, I hope Kagawa doesn't let us down with Ethan's story...I mean I don't think she will, but I hope its just as amazing as the Iron Fey series. My expectations are high!

Redwallcrazy Mine too. I'm going to read it, but I'm unsure about how much I will like it. I sure hope it's good and has Ash and Puck in it, and not just a little bit either, lol.

message 17: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Munson Same here! Don't you think that on an account that Meagan did say that she was going to visit her family when ever she can. So I'm guessing that Ethan doesn't lose his power of seeing the fea.

Redwallcrazy I suppose. Still, I hope it is good, lol, and a lot of Ash and Puck, oh, and don't forget Grim, lol. (I feel like I'm ordering food at a restaurant, lol!!!)

Chris Hmm, not sure I wanna read about Ethan...but you never know!

Grace omg that would be friggen awsome if she made a spinoff

Azhia Wow now that would be absoultely amazing !

Ruthie Mimi wrote: "Meghan and Ash had a son!!! OMG!!! U should put a big SPOILERS alert sign on this topic. I still haven't read the iron knight yet."

Yeah ... people shouldn't put spoilers in their Thread Topics ... the topic should have been something like "Iron Knight Spin-off??? *SPOILER ALERT*"

Jennifer Dupriest I HOPE SHE WRITES ANOTHER BOOK :D I would soooooo read it!

Elena Okay I am sorry about the spoiler thing.
When I started the discussion I didn't even think about it. Now I edited the title so that the spoiler is signaled.

message 25: by AJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ Valdez i think in spin-off, their son will appear as the "new iron king"

Elena But again, that wouldn't be really right with the time. If spending a few weeks in the Nevernever had made Meghan skip several months in the "real world", then by the time Kierran has grown up, I wouldn't want to say centuries, but at least decades should have passed.
Therefore if Ethan comes to the Nevernever when he's a little older, Kierran should still be an infant.
All of this is on a theoretical basis, though.

Veronica Elena wrote: "But again, that wouldn't be really right with the time. If spending a few weeks in the Nevernever had made Meghan skip several months in the "real world", then by the time Kierran has grown up, I w..."

That may be true if they aged like humans but for all we know they could grow to adulthood quickly so they can survive the environment. I don't recall any child Fae being mentioned throughout the whole series, either. All of them have kind of just always seemed to be...

Elena Veronica wrote: "Elena wrote: "But again, that wouldn't be really right with the time. If spending a few weeks in the Nevernever had made Meghan skip several months in the "real world", then by the time Kierran has..."

You're right about that. Though I always thought there weren't any children because the fae had, like, stopped giving birth a long time ago, and since no one really ages in Nevernever everybody was young anyway.
But you have a point, it could just be that they grow up fast.

Katie Well if you think about Kierran was just a possibility as Ariella said in the book. They could go off and have a girl. I mean she had the visions of Ash as a cruel Winter King and that didn't happen. So maybe they'd have a Kierra and a Kierran. Twins. I mean the possibilities are endless if you think about. 'Cause personally if anyone has heard of the novellaIron's Prophecy I'm hoping for a girl.

message 30: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Acosta I read the first chapter of Ethan's story and I gotta say I'm loving it. But Kierran's story has possibilities too. Whole new set of characters and problems to deal with. Anyways, it's Julie Kagawa people. She writes. I read. That is all. :D

Katie Where'd you find the first chapter I'd love to read it?

Sheyenne Buuut there is a novella coming out (its included in the Iron Legends) and their son is in it *girlish scream*

Here's the synopsis:

Meghan Chase is finally getting used to being the Iron Queen, ruler of the Iron Fey. Her life may be strange, but with former Winter prince Ash by her side at last, she wouldn’t have it any other way.

But when they travel to the Summer and Winter courts’ gathering for Elysium, the oracle from Meghan’s past returns with a dire prophecy: “What you carry will either unite the courts, or it will destroy them.” Now Meghan faces a devastating choice that may determine the future of all fey—and her and Ash’s unborn child…

EEEEEK!!!

Doesn't the cover just give you chills?...

Ashley I don't really care about their son. It's always about ash and Meghan. Puck was a main character too, he deserves his own story.

Courtney Elena wrote: "Julie Kagawa kind of insinuated something could happen between Kierran and a certain summer fey, during Ash's last test.. and since Ash's and Meghan's story has 'ended', wouldn't it be cool to have..."

YES! Totally want a "raising Kierran" sequel. There is still so much more that can be done in the Iron Fey series. Ash and Megan will be fine but they have to deal with saving Kierran from evil ways! and Puck needs a happy ending so maybe the books could go to him too? Like a Puck spin-off.

Courtney Redwallcrazy- My God is Healer, Awesome in Power! wrote: "That would be an AWESOME book to read!!!! Much better than Ethan."

Totally agree. I dont want an Ethan spin-off. I dont care about him the way i do the other characters. In all honesty that spin-off looks stupid and disappointing.

Courtney Eileen wrote: "I totally agree! I think that Kierran would have been a been a better main character to do the spin-off off of! I also wish that Julie would do a small novella for a "Ten Years Later" for Meghan an..."

AGREEE!!!!!!!!

Veronica Courtney wrote: "Redwallcrazy- My God is Healer, Awesome in Power! wrote: "That would be an AWESOME book to read!!!! Much better than Ethan."

Totally agree. I dont want an Ethan spin-off. I dont care about him the..."

Yes, but his spin-off has something to do with Megan and Ash's son so I'm expecting we'll see them both,

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood I soooo hope that there's a spin off about him that would be so amazing!! OHHHH I WANT TO READ THAT BOOK UP THERE!!!