Sarah Dessen Lovers <3 discussion

similar authors?

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eglantine (new)

Eglantine (eglantinec) hi everybody!
so i finished reading all of sarah's books a couple months ago and i miss her books :( BUT i've been trying to find authors that are similar (i know about meg cabot (i don't rly like her books) and sarra manning but i know do not know what to read) but i havet found one that i like (nearly) as much as sarah. sarah will be my fave author for a while... any suggestions????? thx so much!!!
best wishes,
GIGLP <3

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily Have you read Simone Elkeles's Perfect Chemistry trilogy? If not, you should check them out. Not exactly the same, but good nonetheless. Also, Stephanie Perkins's Anna and the French Kiss & Lola and the Boy Next Door are very good too.

message 3: by Miss007 (new)

Miss007 | 9 comments I heard of Simones books an I will check them out and give them a try.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Some people I know, say Nicholas Sparks is a great Author too.

message 5: by Eglantine (new)

Eglantine (eglantinec) hey evry1! thx 4 all of ur comments!! they are all much appreciated! i have been checking out some of simones books and i have started reading The Last Song by sparks. im LOVING it!!! thank you!

message 6: by Eglantine (new)

Eglantine (eglantinec) does anyone have any other authors the enjoy reading other than simone and nicholas?? these comments are much appreciated! i may be younger than most of you but i like most of the authors you probably read :P !!!

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 12 comments I really like Lauren Oliver (read Delirium!)right now. But you're right, Sarah Dessen is the BEST. :D

message 8: by Eglantine (new)

Eglantine (eglantinec) @sarah
isn't she the author of before i fall!?!?

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 12 comments Yes, and that one is next on my reading list! :)

message 10: by Eglantine (new)

Eglantine (eglantinec) oh!!! i read that book and i rly liked it evn tho i usually hate weird books that you can't relate to!

message 11: by Fred (last edited Dec 02, 2011 11:36AM) (new)

Fred (flybrariman) | 14 comments I liked "Perfect You" and "Something, Maybe," by Elizabeth Scott. They had a bit of a Sarah Dessen-y feel to them. Another book I really liked recently was "A Little Less Girl," by Tess Oliver. Also I thought "Crush Control" by Jennifer Jabaley was cute and had some of the warmth and humor of an SD, although a little sillier (she hypnotizes the guy, long story). Finally, did you try "Two-Way Street," by Lauren Barnholdt? That's another good one. Ok, hope these sound interesting and turn out well if you give them a try - I may be older than you, but I like most of the authors you seem to read ;-). Happy reading!

message 12: by Emi (new)

Emi | 2 comments some books of susan colasanti are good like waiting for you , and when it happens another good writer is jenny downham from before i die or jay asher thirteen reasons why is a book that for sure will leave you breathless

message 13: by Eglantine (new)

Eglantine (eglantinec) i read jay asher's 13 reasons why during the summer, i loved it! it sent accross this message... it's rly hard to explain... but it was easy to understand and relate too, it's a tear-jerker too!! i've heard of elizabeth scott b4, im gonna check them out again and most probly give them a try :)

message 14: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 1 comments i really like the luxe series...

message 15: by Miss007 (new)

Miss007 | 9 comments I have read about Jane Green and want to try some of her books anyone that have read anything by her?

message 16: by Mira (new)

Mira | 2 comments I really like John Green, Maureen Johnson, Rachel Cohn, Meg Cabot, and Elizabeth Scott!

message 17: by Mira (new)

Mira | 2 comments Fred wrote: "I liked "Perfect You" and "Something, Maybe," by Elizabeth Scott. They had a bit of a Sarah Dessen-y feel to them. Another book I really liked recently was "A Little Less Girl," by Tess Oliver. ..."

I definetly agree!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Is Sarah Dessen coming out with a new book this year?

message 19: by Eglantine (new)

Eglantine (eglantinec) Sierra wrote: "Is Sarah Dessen coming out with a new book this year?"

I hope so!! she will probably be informing us on here website

message 20: by Fred (new)

Fred (flybrariman) | 14 comments Have you tried any of Sarah Ockler's books? They're all good, but to me "Fixing Delilah," is the most like a Sarah Dessen. The mom kind of reminds me of the mom in The Truth About Forever. It's a good one. "Twenty Boy Summer," is really good too, and so is her most recent one, "Bitterweet." Fixing Delilah, though, that's something special.

message 21: by Tori (new)

Tori (toridanielle) | 1 comments Sierra wrote: "Is Sarah Dessen coming out with a new book this year?"

Actually, she literally JUST announced a few days ago that she just got the confirmation that her new novel is being published right now, but won't be out until May of 2013! Only one more year and a few months!

message 22: by Eglantine (new)

Eglantine (eglantinec) I can't wait!! next year can't come fast enough!

message 23: by Fred (new)

Fred (flybrariman) | 14 comments Moonglass by Jessi Kirby has a bit of a Sarah Dessen feel to it too, it's really quite good, check it out!

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 12 comments you guys are filling up my to read shelf haha :)

message 25: by Pamela (new)

Pamela can't wait for her new book. I think I will reread all of her other books before this one comes out. I just looove them.

message 26: by Morgen (new)

Morgen Love | 2 comments I like Rachel Hawkins, try her Hex Hall series.

message 27: by Michelle (new)

Michelle I would recommend the following:

Sarah Ockler
Elizabeth Scott (not all are like Dessen's but many follow a similar pattern)
Simone Elkeles
Susane Colasanti
Gayle Forman
Lauren Barnholdt
Jennifer Echols
Deb Caletti
C.K. Kelly Martin
Jenny Han
Jennifer Brown
Jenny O'Connell

Happy Reading! :)

message 28: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1 comments I recommend Meg Cabot. Especially her famous Princess Diaries series.

message 29: by Janine (new)

Janine (jhaandjill) | 4 comments Jennifer Brown books.

message 30: by Janine (new)

message 31: by Janine (new)

message 32: by Janine (new)