The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4) The Iron Knight discussion

Am I the only one who felt sad for Ariella?

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Elena Okay, I wanted Meghan and Ash to be together.
But still, Ariella's story was so sad.
She had to sacrifice her love and her happiness.
She had to let Ash go, pretend to be dead all those years and let him fall in love with someone else.
That must have been hard.
And maybe, when she had that vision, she still had some hope that when Ash saw her again, he would choose her because he loved her.
Because he loved her more.
Instead, she found him changed and in love with another girl. She found he had moved on, while she had not.

It was heartbreaking. :(

Jennifer I felt really sad for her. I wouldn't have minded Ash ending up with her and Puck getting with Meghan but I knew that wasn't going to happen.

Haidi It was very sad and i bet it was probably very hard to write as an author. I still like how it all turned out but my heart does go out to Ariella.

Arushi Elena wrote: "Okay, I wanted Meghan and Ash to be together.
She had to let Ash go, pretend to be dead all those years an..."

yes, i agree with you on many fronts and i do pity ariella, but its the way her life was destined to be...and if it was any other way, i just wouldnt have loved the series as much as i do :)

imagine ariella and ash ending up together in the end...urghhh >:O

so yeah. i think ariella is a really nice character and i think she has serious guts to do what she did. and i love that she did it out of the pure goodness of her heart. i love her as a character, but facing facts...

meghan and ash all the way. though i hate how vague the ending was. it was wayyyy too abrupt.

message 5: by M. (new) - rated it 4 stars

M. Elena wrote: "Okay, I wanted Meghan and Ash to be together.
She had to let Ash go, pretend to be dead all those years an..."

I agree with everything you said. I still wanted Ash and Meghan to be together, but boy I felt bad for Ariella. This book was probably one of the saddest I read in a long time.

message 6: by Haidi (last edited Nov 22, 2011 10:27PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Haidi totally agree with you Lisa about the ending of the book. Needed to have a few chapters with Meghana and Ash back together.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I felt sorry for Ariella.Iwant Meghan and Ash to be together because Ash went through alot When he thought Ariella died. Can anyone tell me why is it always two girls falling in love with a prince or, two guys falling in love with a princess? And don't say because their the hottest. I like Ash, he sounds really hot and everything, but Puck sounds more interesting.

Kimberly I felt bad for her but I also hated the idea of Ash ending up with her instead of Meghan. All the times he said he had to fight the urge to hold her made me want to hit him because Meghan loves him so completely. When Meghan saw Ash with Ariella she immediately told him to be with her. She never tried to convince him to stay with her. Ariella tried to get Ash to stay with her. In the end Meghan was the best character. She is one of the best heroines there have been in awhile. She's loyal and courageous and loving and she sacrificed everything for the good of other people. She gave up her family and mortal life to save faery and then she was willing to give up Ash for Ariella.

message 9: by Kathy (last edited Jan 10, 2012 08:23PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kathy I just finsished it and yeah I was sad I cried even. I mean yeah of course I wanted Meghan and Ash to be together, but for Ash to lose her AGAIN...TWICE?!?...that was just too much.

And yes Puck also needs to find love too!!!

Elena Victoria wrote: "I felt sorry for Ariella.Iwant Meghan and Ash to be together because Ash went through alot When he thought Ariella died. Can anyone tell me why is it always two girls falling in love with a prince ..."

Yeah, Puck sounded more fun and interesting. I really liked Ash, but Puck..

Rania the ending was great for Ash and Megan. but Puck wasnt happy :( not fair! Puck is a lovable charactor. he deserves to be happy. Puck needs to find love too!!! (and yeah i felt sad for Ariella at the end, but wen she first showed up she annoyed me.) two girls in love with the same guy that doesnt happen often. most of the time its two guys in love with the same girl. you know...

Azhia Okay at frist I couldnt stand Ariella I wont even lie i was like why is she back -__-. I gew to like her not as much as Meghan of course. But i felt Ash's despair when she died I wont even lie. I feel bad for Puck but he's amazung because he knew what he was doing , I hope he finds someone. I loved Puck so much

Rania I want more books of the Iron Fey!

Arushi haha me too theres so many untied ends!!

but i dont want kagawa to stretch the series and make it all...bad. :P

message 15: by Jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jess More books would be great! I felt really sorry for Ariella. And Puck! I wanted Ash and Megan to be together but I want them all to be happy (especially Puck!). At one point I really wanted Puck to get with Ariella. I loved how at the end even though Ash knew what might happen to him he still went to Megan! It was sooo cute!!! Why can't life be more like it is in books!!!

Ziyue I felt bad for ariella too but at least she rested in peace in knowing that ash would be cared for and have a happy life with meghan

Borby Yessss...I mean, I feel so sorry for her as well.
Ash + Meghan = Love. Forever.
but still... Puck... Ariella...... *tears* it's so sad.

Oh and the ending. I'm happy with the way it is now, but I'd definitely cry for joy if there were more chapters of Ash and Meghan together.
I am very un-strict when it comes to book endings, maybe just because I don't pay proper attention to them (as well as the rest of the book), maybe because I just haven't read enough to compare yet, but most probably because I hate endings in general, full stop. When I like a book I just don't want it to end... but then, like I said in one of my reviews(=one of my less then five reviews), you can't keep writing until the grandson/daughter of your favorite character dies.
And oh, I think I also wrote "boohoo" in that last review. HEE HEE.

And more about Ariella...
please read my (unfinished) review. __________(p.s.Think I'll put ↑that↑↑ into the review too :P)

Ariella I'm sad. The author shouldn't have killed off Ariella

Darlene I felt very bad for Ariella. What she did was very selfless of her. In a way, she's kind of the hero of the story.

message 20: by Sheyenne (last edited Jun 01, 2012 12:56PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sheyenne I was sad but then again she was supposed to be dead anyway and Julie needed a way for Ash to become human enough to be with Meghan yet fey enough not to be totally human and get sick and eventually die, so thats why she killed Ariella off. Plus, I didn't know enough about Ariella to be really sad over her.

message 21: by liebling_rue (last edited Jun 01, 2012 02:12PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

liebling_rue I felt so sad for Ariella too. Of all the characters on Iron Knight she's the one I felt bad for.

What she had gone through just to make things on the right place is very heart breaking.

At the end I thought Ariella was going to have a happy ending(something like going back to Tirnanog with her family or ending up together with PUCK which I know is very disagreeable to others xD haha just for her not to have a tragic end.

For her kindness and her big role in the last book (remember that her life was a significant key for Ash' quest) she deserves a happy ending.

Also, I want a happy ending for Puck too.

Sheyenne Mary Grace wrote: "I felt so sad for Ariella too. Of all the characters on Iron Knight she's the one I felt bad for.

What she had gone through just to make things on the right place is very heart breaking.

At the..."

I know I want Puck to find someone or meet up with Ash and Meghan or SOMETHING! He just seemed so lonely at the end of Iron Knight :(

Aria Ariella got utterly screwed over. Since I knew Meghan/Ash would definitely be endgame, I put the book down and didn't finish when I read what really happened to her after the dragon incident. Now after reading the spoilers, I see that she sacrificed herself and died (because gee, I guess YEARS of solitary confinement while you have to watch your love fall for someone else isn't ENOUGH of a sacrifice?!), so Meghan and Ash would be together. Ariella was the proverbial virgin thrown into the volcano to appease the gods, and I was just disgusted by it. What a way to ruin what was otherwise an amazing series.

Anoeska Nossol Ariella was amazing character and what she did was amazing. However I still feel sad for her. Knowing that the one you love, loves someone else... it's hard. Next to that I first thought they were going to get together... again of course. Somehow I was hoping for it. But the whole story around her just confuses me a lot. She needed to help Ash and stuff like that. Who would do something like that if they still love that person. She should have tried to convince him. Even when Meghan and Ash are amazing together.

Varsha I'm sorry everyone above of me, but I did not feel sad for her AT ALL.
She was my least fav. character. All she did was predict a few things, break Ash's and Puck's heart by pretending she was dead. And by doing that, she invoked Ash's vow to kill Puck when he did nothing! AT ALL!!! Also, in that dream he had of Meghan, and then Ariella came into it, and broke Meghan's heart, I hated her then. Honestly, I think she kind of should have stayed dead. Ariella might have done more harm than good to Meghan and Ash's beautiful love story. Still, I have to be fair and say that she was an amazing character because she sacrificed so much and was written so well.