Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

General Chatting > Where Are The Dangerous Bad Boys Interracial Stories?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6568 comments Mod
I want to read dangerous bad boys interracial stories. I don't read erotic stories and I don't care for detailed sex.

I'm looking for action pack interracial stories. Well, ones that's in print. I want romance and action.

I'm not looking for my number one couple, Sam and Alyssa, but I am looking for action on their line.

Unless, I'm missing something, but I don't know of any other action pack interracial stories, besides Sam and Alyssa's and of course the wonderful stories that Danielle and Rae has written for our writing challenge. Other than that, where are the stories?

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 7308 comments Mod
Arch, I'd love to read more IR with DHs, and that's why I write these stories. I guess that's what you have to do when you don't see something out there that interests you.

I hope to see more in this genre.

message 3: by Arch , Mod (new)

Danielle, I'm happy that you and Rae has given me a dangerous bad boy story.

I hope more interracial writers write this theme.

My story falls under contemporary, suspense romance. There aren't that many contemporary, suspense romance interracial stories. I could be wrong, but I think that Suzanne Brockmann is the only author that have gone that route.

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 7308 comments Mod
Not too many, as you said. More of the IR types fall in the paranormal category, which I know you don't care for.

message 5: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Diamond (delaney_diamond) Arch, here are a couple you might be interested in. I can't vouch for them or the heat level, but they are IR suspense.

Lies in Disguise by Bernice Layton. Saints & Sinners by Capri Montgomery. Pamela Clare writes IR suspense with Native American characters. I bought one of her books to try her out.

I have an idea for a series, where bad guys have turned good. Is that the kind of "bad boys" you guys are talking about? My heroes may be bodyguards or security experts. I haven't quite figured it out yet, and I need to do some research first.

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Delaney, I like your idea a lot! I'd definitely read those books!

Thanks for the recommendations.

message 7: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Diamond (delaney_diamond) You're welcome.

As for the series, thanks for the encouraging words. I already have an idea of who the men will be, but now I have to find the right women for them.

My biggest obstacle will be the research, though, and getting things right. Outside of that, I think it would be a fun series to write.

message 8: by Arch , Mod (new)

Thanks for the recommendation Delaney. I will have to check them out to see the heat level. Are these books in print?

Delaney, your guys will fit in my bad boy categories.

Bodyguards, Military men, etc. tend to be bad boys. Some may have been on the bad side at first and some are already on the good side.

Example of bad boys to me:

1. Sam Starrett. Ex Navy Seal
2. Cole Clayborne. Can be Trigger happy. He reminds me of Doc Holiday from Tombstone. Historical character.
3. Noah Clayborne. He has Cole's blood in him. Contemporary character. Both characters are Julie Garwood's character.
4. John Medina

I could list more, but they are examples of what I'm talking about when I say bad boys.

I like a hero that's sassy, sarcastic, possessive in a good way over the heroine. Tough, would kill a bad guy in a minute. Softhearted towards the heroine, but can be a little mean to her. For example, if he kidnaps her and she wants tea and he gives her water.

message 9: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
I would love to come across non-erotic IR novels with with bad boy heroes. I'll do a search, and if I come across anything, I'll be sure to let you know what I find.

message 10: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Diamond (delaney_diamond) Yes, these books are in print.

I swear I laughed out loud at your descriptions in the last paragraph: "would kill a bad guy in a minute. Softhearted towards the heroine, but can be a little mean to her. For example, if he kidnaps her and she wants tea and he gives her water."

Those are the ones that make me swoon. Don't get me started on crazy possessive heroes. If he's all of the above and possessive, I'm done. They're my cryptonite.

I guess that's part of why I get such a kick out of the Presents books. Those heroes are all possessive, half mean to the heroine but weak for her at the same time. They don't know how to act because they're used to being in control and then this woman comes along and completely messes with their head.

LOL, SMH. Gotta love it.

message 11: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Oh, I love the crazy, possessive heroes! I didn't know you were into them too, Delaney!

You should check out Arch's Trespassing story. You'll love Cop!

message 12: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Diamond (delaney_diamond) Oh, yeah, if Cop's like that, I can definitely get into him.

message 13: by Arch , Mod (new)

✿Michelle✿ wrote: "I would love to come across non-erotic IR novels with with bad boy heroes. I'll do a search, and if I come across anything, I'll be sure to let you know what I find."

Thanks.

message 14: by Arch , Mod (new)

Delaney, Danielle and I love those crazy, possessive heroes.

message 15: by Arch , Mod (new)

Delaney wrote: "Oh, yeah, if Cop's like that, I can definitely get into him."

Delaney, if you want to check out my story Trespassing, you can do so here. http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/2...

I have to warn you, my story has errors.

Writing is my talent and I love telling stories.

You don't have to read my story. You can just peek at Cop. Trust me, he's crazy. He's a crazy bald man with a soft heart for the heroine.

message 16: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Diamond (delaney_diamond) Thanks, Arch. I started chapter one. I like the way it started, sort of in the middle of the action with him following her. I'm already into it.

message 17: by Arch , Mod (new)

Delaney wrote: "Thanks, Arch. I started chapter one. I like the way it started, sort of in the middle of the action with him following her. I'm already into it."

Thanks for reading it Delaney. It might get boring to you after awhile. I'm on chapter 18 right now. I will soon be adding my next installment, hopefully, by the weekend.