Writers and Readers discussion

Susan Kaye Quinn
This topic is about Susan Kaye Quinn
Author Profiles > Susan Kaye Quinn - Author and Rocket Scientist

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan (new)

Susan Quinn (susan_kaye_quinn) | 3 comments Hello all, my name is Susan Kaye Quinn, and I've been a fan of science fiction since I first read Heinlein’s Foundation series as a kid. I was always a math/science geek, but science fiction made me a literary lover too. I grew up to be a serious engineer (worked for NASA, got a Ph.D.), but I was drawn back to stories, and now I write them for children and teens. I have one teen love story on Kindle UK (Life, Liberty, and Pursuit) and my new paranormal/science fiction novel Open Minds is coming out November 1st!
Open Minds (Mindjack Trilogy, #1) by Susan Kaye Quinn When everyone reads minds, a secret is a dangerous thing to keep.

Sixteen-year-old Kira Moore is a zero, someone who can’t read thoughts or be read by others. Zeros are outcasts who can’t be trusted, leaving her no chance with Raf, a regular mindreader and the best friend she secretly loves. When she accidentally controls Raf’s mind and nearly kills him, Kira tries to hide her frightening new ability from her family and an increasingly suspicious Raf. But lies tangle around her, and she’s dragged deep into a hidden world of mindjackers, where having to mind control everyone she loves is just the beginning of the deadly choices before her.

REVIEWS
"I’m not entirely sure Susan Kaye Quinn didn’t jack into my mind herself to make me fall in love with this book! This book is full of awesome. Firstly, the concept was fresh and unique…we’ve all heard of “mind readers” but this is a new take on it with a twist."—5 stars from Jade Hankes

"Wow oh Wow! I just inhaled this book. Quinn is an amazing author with an even more amazing imagination. In some ways Kira reminds me a lot of Katniss from the Hunger Games series." — 5 stars from TwiMom101 Book Blog

Please consider adding Open Minds to your TBR shelf and let me know what you think—I love reviews! (Open Minds releases today, November 1st!)
Susan Kaye Quinn: Open Minds | Life, Liberty, and Pursuit

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan Quinn (susan_kaye_quinn) | 3 comments There are a lot of giveaways going on during the Blog Tour! Check it out at : www.susankayequinn.com

message 3: by Mhairi (new)

Mhairi Simpson (mhairisimpson) | 142 comments Wow, Open Minds looks really good! I look forward to checking it out :D

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan Quinn (susan_kaye_quinn) | 3 comments Thanks Mhairi! :)