Kids/Teens Book Club discussion

Divergent > Characters (spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Who is your favorite character?
Your least favorite?
How do you like the way they interact? Is it realistic? Is it annoying?

message 2: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid Favorite would be Tris's family. Her brother, mother, and father.
Least favorite is a toss up between Tris and Four. I couldn't stand either of them.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

dislike tris quite a bit to moody i think if i ever met her i would probably punch her just to make her stop hahah

I liked eric and his total commitment to being an ass
and her friend who a totally forgot her name, I felt her to be the more real character with in her action with her jealousy and forgiveness

message 4: by Ayunda (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) I loveee Four! He is so my type of guy (: I didn't like Tris too much, but she has a strong personality and is a good main character. The others are not too sophisticated for me.

message 5: by Miss Ryoko (new)

Miss Ryoko (missryoko) | 349 comments I really liked Four and Christina! There were a lot of times I wished Christina had been the main character because she was a LOT more awesome. I like Four because he was a little bit shifty. You never really knew what he was up to, but you did at the exact same time. It was interesting. But his real name is so lame, I refuse to call him by it XD

I HATED HATED HATED Tris!! Even Peter was more likable than her!

I really hope Christina made it through the chaos and survived! I'm dying to find out!

message 6: by Karyn (new)

Karyn (msainsworth) | 10 comments I am amazed at how many people hated Tris. It didn't even occur to me. I thought hers were very human flaws. I wouldn't have forgiven Al either, and what teen doesn't question some of their families beliefs.

message 7: by Miss Ryoko (new)

Miss Ryoko (missryoko) | 349 comments None of those things are what make Tris the most annoying character on earth. It's just about everything else.

There are a million things I couldn't stand about her...but I think the worst was:

"Oh look, here is this person I really can't stand and hate with my entire being...but...dang it! I just can't seem to bring myself to kill him so I'll just shoot him in a place that make him hurt but not kill him........ oh wait, now look, here is my friend, who I know is being controlled. Better aim for the head. No big right? We're friends so it's cool. Amirite?"

Yeah that's cool... just about as cool as repeating "I am brave" over and over again to make your idiot, NOT brave, decisions seem plausible and ok. UGH!

Lol...but this is not even scratching the surface for me on all the problems I had with Tris. She's just, plain and simple, and awful character (in my most humble opinion).

message 8: by A (last edited Aug 29, 2013 09:09AM) (new)

A H Four is my favorite!! I'm SOOOO in love with him.....