Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived: Threads, misc. > Favorite Holiday Movies

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (last edited Nov 01, 2011 10:10AM) (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments I really love this time of year- the season, the holiday's, and the big family dinners. I thought it could be fun to compile a list of our favorite holiday movies here in this thread. I'll start:

It's a Wonderful Life (best movie of all time!)

Fred Claus

A Christmas Story

[image error]

message 2: by Kit★ (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments I like the old clay-mation ones from when I was a kid, Frosty and Rudolph and the others. Also the Tim Allen Santa Clause always makes me all nostalgic for being a kid... Also like A Christmas Carol in a bunch of different versions, be it Mickey Mouse or live-action :)

message 3: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 369 comments Christmas Story with Darren McGavin - such a great movie! When it first came out NO ONE went to see this movie but I had this thing for Darren McGavin because of Nightstalker and dragged my complaining friends to the movie theater where us and 3 other people were watching it. We all cracked up during the whole movie. After that it was my mission to VHS and then DVD this movie to everyone who hadn't seen it or heard about it. I take full credit for it becoming a favorite. :D

message 4: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 361 comments I loved that movie! One of the funniest movies ever. And how about an old (and really corny) one?". "White Christmas" with Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, and Rosemary Clooney.

message 5: by Kit★ (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments Nobody sings White Christmas like Bing... but I've never seen the movie. I'll have to check it out now :)

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather (messybar) | 1307 comments I am a sucker for

and

Yes the same story, but I must watch both each year. lol

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Heather wrote: "I am a sucker for

and

Yes the same story, but I must watch both each year. lol"

That's a really good one. I want to get the original on DVD this year.

message 8: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments My ex loves Christmas Story with Darren McGavin! He watches it every year. I finlly bought him the DVD. He loves it so much he still will leave the channel on when it comes on live TV!

message 9: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments The only ones I can think of are The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Tim Allen Santa Clause movie and the one my kids always watch, Polar Express.

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments CaroB wrote: "The only ones I can think of are The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Tim Allen Santa Clause movie and the one my kids always watch, Polar Express."

I love The Nightmare Before Christmas! I haven't seen Polar Express yet.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.