Stephen King Fans discussion

Nightmares and Dreamscapes
This topic is about Nightmares and Dreamscapes
Short Stories & Collections > Nightmares & Dreamscapes by Stephen King

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Spoilers are OK here, just please be sure to mark each, and mention the story it pertains to.

Other than that - Enjoy! :D

message 2: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 2 stars

Angie | 2568 comments Mod
We have decided to post a thread for each story.. but you can still talk about the book here. Remember that the short story thread will need Marked Spoilers!

message 3: by Chris , The Hardcase (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chris  (haughtc) | 1105 comments Mod
My ranking list: (through Sorry, Right Number)

The End of the Whole Mess
Home Delivery
The Moving Finger
You Know They Got A Hell of a Band
Sorry, Right Number
Popsy
Chattery Teeth
Sneakers
The Night Flier
Dolan's Cadillac
Dedication
Suffer the Little Children
The Rainy Season
My Pretty Pony
It Grows On You

message 4: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 2 stars

What I find interesting is that a lot of the group isn't reading along this month. I wonder if this is a book that is people's least favorite?

Amanda M. Lyons (amandamlyons) I kinda wondered about that. Its personal favorite for me.

message 6: by Chris , The Hardcase (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chris  (haughtc) | 1105 comments Mod
My ranking list (Final):

The End of the Whole Mess
The House on Maple Street
Home Delivery
Umney's Last Case
The Moving Finger
You Know They Got A Hell of a Band
Head Down
Crouch End
Sorry, Right Number
Popsy
Chattery Teeth
Sneakers
The Night Flier
Dolan's Cadillac
Dedication
Suffer the Little Children
The Ten O'Clock People
The Rainy Season
The Beggar and the Diamond
My Pretty Pony
The Doctor's Case
The Fifth Quarter
It Grows On You
Brooklyn August

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 609 comments I love this book! I'm just not reading along this month because my copy is packed away down in a box in the basement somewhere and I can't find it :(

message 8: by Dea (new)

Dea (deaclayton) Wish I could join in, but this is one of the King books that I don't have. :(

Bondama (kerensa) | 868 comments In reference to what Angie said about much of the group not reading along -- for myself, N & D is a sad memory. I bought the hardback when it first came out, as I always do with King's books. Shortly thereafter, I went through about six months of being broke as broke can be. Basically, I had to sell back my copy to the bookstore, lying my teeth off about being given another copy. -- So I did get my much needed $20.00. back.

I had always planned to replace it, but I had learned such a painful lesson about just how bad being broke is, and to me, my King bookshelf is like someone with a lovely smile, but one prominent tooth missing. I keep it that way so I'll never, ever forget. When one loses a book, it's just a thing. But when a Constant Reader loses a King book, it's just not something that one forgets.

message 10: by Jena (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jena (outlanderfan74) I read this book when it was new, and I've been intending to read it again. "Hell of a Band" and "Sorry Right Number" were the stories that most intrigued me. Someday, I'm going to read all of King's short story collections at once, because I'm just curious how they'll compare when stacked up against each other.

message 11: by Tom (new)

Tom Bensley (bensley56) I've just started it, as soon as I saw my invite for the group read. I finished "Dolan's Cadillac" just now. Pretty damn good, very sinister. It did drag at times I thought, but the suspense was fantastic.

message 12: by J.P. Yager (new)

J.P. Yager (jpyager) I still get the creeps from the "The Moving Finger" and "Sneakers". King has the ability to make regular nonscary things remind you something terrible. Like if I hear water tapping... I sometimes wonder.

message 13: by Krista (new) - added it

Krista (findyourshimmy) | 50 comments I'm just getting started on this one, and thus far I am completely engrossed. I love how King has this knack for weaving a web of a story which complete ensnares you and refuses to let you go, regardless of sleep calling and other demands. Looking forward to discussing more once I finish some additional reading!

message 14: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 2 stars

Bondama wrote: "In reference to what Angie said about much of the group not reading along -- for myself, N & D is a sad memory. I bought the hardback when it first came out, as I always do with King's books. Sho..."

Interesting... thanks for sharing!