The Readers Society discussion

Lily of the Nile (Cleopatra's Daughter, #1)
This topic is about Lily of the Nile
Featured Book > Lily of the Nile

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela (last edited Nov 01, 2011 11:58AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angela (angelarenea) | 73 comments Mod
Fourth book! This one I recommended and I hope everyone likes it, I know I did! We will be reading it from November 1st to December 31st so hopefully everyone will have a chance over the Holidays! Happy Reading everyone!
-Angela

Trisha Mine just came in at the library, so hopefully I will be able to pick it up Wed or Thurs!

Nicki (nickirows) | 5 comments I've already read this book, but I loved it SO much it's ridiculous, lol. I hope everyone else loves it as much as I did!

Trisha I read it and liked it, but I didn't realize that it was part of a series and it's starting to drive me a little crazy! It seems like every book is now part of a series and I just want a sense of completion at the end!!!

As for the book, it was good. I had watched "Rome" when it was on HBO, and it seems like the book picks up where the series left off. It was interesting. I certainly don't envy the position that Selene was in, especially at such a young age, but there was such an importance on being true to yourself and your beliefs, and in remembering "who you are", that you had to admire the strength of the Ptolemies.
The only thing I didn't like was that it is the first of a series, because I will most likely have lost interest in it by the time the next one comes out. I didn't read "The Hunger Games" until they were all out and just read them all at once.

Nicki (nickirows) | 5 comments I personally love a series if they are good books. Lily of the Nile was an amazing book, and I would be so upset if it just ENDED. The fact that it has a sequel just makes me even more excited to read it.

Trisha When it comes to reading a series, I like to read them all at once. I just don't have the patience to wait and then sometimes I'm not interested any more by the time it comes out. If the next "Lily..." book were already out, I would probably read it, so we'll see.

Nicki (nickirows) | 5 comments It is already out?

And if I'm no longer interested, I just end up reading the whole series again, lol

Angela (angelarenea) | 73 comments Mod
I agree! Selene was in a rough situation! The Second book is out already (Song of the Nile)! I'm about a quarter into it and it's intense! I love the waiting for a good series, but I agree it can be frustrating!
What did you guys think of the characters Octavia and Helios?
-Angela