Fantasy Book Club Series discussion

Realms of the Elderlings Series > ASSASSIN'S QUEST - Planning to read, first impressions **NO SPOILERS**

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandra (new)

Sandra  (sleo) | 1059 comments This is the place to tell us if you are planning to read this book and/or what your first impressions are.

I read this with the rest of the trilogy some time back and liked it a lot, just like the first two.

message 2: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Finished this book relatively recently and thought it made a great ending to the trilogy.

message 3: by Amelia (new)

Amelia (narknon) | 523 comments I kept reading after I finished Royal Assassin, so I've finished this one now too. With the ending from the last book, it was hard not to keep going. (Plus there are some new releases in November that I'll be reading, so I had to get this one read early.)

message 4: by Helen (new)

Helen I shall be reading but not sure when - within a couple of weeks though.

message 5: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 212 comments I'm planning on reading the book. Hoping to see Regal suffer!

message 6: by Helen (new)

Helen You and me both!

message 7: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 212 comments I'm still only in the first 100 pages, but I just wanted to say I enjoyed learning more about Burrich's early life, and how he met Chivalry. I've liked Burrich in the past books, and also have been annoyed about his continued insistance that Fitz didn't use wit (probably because I think it's cool). It was nice understanding more about his past and his motivations.

message 8: by Sandra (new)

Sandra  (sleo) | 1059 comments Suzanne wrote: "I'm still only in the first 100 pages, but I just wanted to say I enjoyed learning more about Burrich's early life, and how he met Chivalry. I've liked Burrich in the past books, and also have bee..."

I felt that way about Burrich as well.

message 9: by Helen (new)

Helen I'm starting tonight, this looks alot longer. Regal had better suffer!

message 10: by Likos (new)

Likos X (likosx) | 10 comments In the thread about the second book a couple of days ago I wrote that I would not read "Assassin's Quest"... I have read the introductive chapter of two books, not knowing which one to choose... but I felt uneasy to have leave something unfinished...

How could someone judge LOTR by stopping reading after "The Two Towers"?... Farseer is triology, and so you have to read all the three books, only so you can judge Hobb's work, that what I said to me. :)

And so the last night I began reading AQ... I've read up to 10% and the only thing I can say (to not give spoilers) is that I very like the beginnig! :)
I remained pleasantly shocked by that... the other two books (in particular the second one) gave me such a positive feeling only in the last part of them...

Well, for now, I'm glad not to have given up... I will share my conclusions as soon as possible! :)

message 11: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 212 comments That was good thinking Likos. I will be interested in reading your conclusions. I don't know if you will love or hate the series, but it will certainly be a more fair judgement.