Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads discussion

Where Demons Fear to Tread (The Company of Angels, #1)
This topic is about Where Demons Fear to Tread
Book of the Month (BOM) > (Nov'11) Let's talk about it

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new) - added it

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 902 comments Mod
Let's discuss this month's selection below :)

message 2: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new) - added it

1. What do you like about this specific paranormal theme? Was is portrayed well by this author?
2. What was different about the characters? World? Setting? That made the story unique.
3. If this is book 1 are you planning on continuing the series?
4. If this is your first time reading this author. What did you like or dislike about their writing style.
5. How does this book compare to other PNR books you have read recently, with a similar theme?
6.Does realism play a part in reading a paranormal book? If the character is a fictional being does it help if the history seems accurate. All myths have a birth in fact.
7.In the end what was the best part?

message 3: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new) - added it

1. So far I love this book! I have had a thing for demons and/or angels since Pleasure Unbound and Angels' Blood
2. This was a little different to me in that the angel or demon starts out human and has to work to become more powerful, they are PN creatures right away. The interaction of angels and demons are believable too, instead of them fighting each other or being repelled. They can only influence their human targets.
3. This is a review book and I would buy and continue the series.
4. There is nothing I disliked. If I was only reading this book. I would have finished in 2-3 days.
5. I would compare this to perhaps the Demonica series by Larissa Ione. Its a very unique, sexy portrayal of demons.
6. I don't know if there is any realism in this but its a fun read!
7. I am about halfway through it now.

message 4: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new) - added it

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 1167 comments Mod
Oh dear lord, another book for me to add to my growing list to read! :D Sounds fantastic!

message 5: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (last edited Dec 04, 2011 10:19AM) (new) - added it

I didn't finish it yet Trish but not bc I didn't like it...with the holidays I was just traveling waaay too much! I need a quiet corner and a few days to myself in order to really get I to a great book like this! I recommend to ALL PNR fans :D

Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Pleasure Unbound (other topics)
Angels' Blood (other topics)