Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > December Group read - Sports Romance (See first post for criteria)

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wendy F (last edited Nov 01, 2011 10:02AM) (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) It's that time again ladies.

I'm going to change up the group reads going forward and just rotate genre's instead of having polls. Having just done Romantic Suspense in September, Contemporary in October, and Historical for November. We're going to pick up in December with a romance book got a heavy Sports theme. (I'm creating a thread, listing out what theme will fall on which month.)

As in the past, here are the group guidelines:

1. Please make sure your nomination meets our monthly Gemre: December is Sports Romance!
2. One nomination per person
3. Book must be available in both print and ebook form, and available worldwide.
4. If nominating a book in a series, the book must be the first book and not one in the middle.

Sports Romance Listopia
http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/45...

Nominations start now!

message 2: by Kesha (new)

Kesha | 23 comments I nominate It Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

My nomination for a title is...Cach George & the Virgin

message 4: by D.G. (new)

D.G. I'll nominate Flat-Out Sexy (Fast Track, #1) by Erin McCarthy

message 5: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) DianeE wrote: "My nomination for a title is...Cach George & the Virgin"

Hi Diane, Thanks for the nomination! This book is classified under the Historical, possibly PNR, genre's. Definitely remember that when we're doing that month because it sounds good.

Is there something else that you would like to nominate that is sports themed?

message 6: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) If anyone would like to peruse a list of Sport Romances, here's a list from Goodreads listopia.

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/45...

message 7: by Juls (new)

Juls (juls1980) Wendy F wrote: "If anyone would like to peruse a list of Sport Romances, here's a list from Goodreads listopia.

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/45..."

thank you for the link!

message 8: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) Simply Irresistible (Chinooks Hockey Team, #1) by Rachel Gibson - the first in Rachel Gibson's Chinook Hockey team series

message 10: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Thanks everyone, they all look so good!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Its a time travel and he travels from present day to a time past. I guess they had to classify it as one or the other. lol

Nope, I cant think of another sports romance read at the moment. My favorites are already listed ( SEP and Gibson).

message 12: by Tina "IRead2Escape" (last edited Nov 01, 2011 01:52PM) (new)

Tina "IRead2Escape" (tinar1121) I can't wait to see what is decided. I just finished It Had to Be You It Had to Be You (Chicago Stars, #1) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips by Susan Elizabeth Phillips and Caught Running Caught Running by Madeleine Urban by Madeleine Urban not that long ago. Loved them both!

message 13: by Leea (new)

Leea I second, The Perfect Play I've been wanting to read this forever. Yay Aroma!

message 14: by Dee (last edited Nov 01, 2011 04:02PM) (new)

Dee (austhokie) I loved Caught Running - but should probably give ppl a heads up that it is a m/m romance if its being nominated - although really sweet

message 15: by Lisa P (new)

message 16: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I'm going to check out Caught Running, it sounds good.

Aroma with Love  | 123 comments Leea wrote: "I second, The Perfect Play I've been wanting to read this forever. Yay Aroma!"

Been having this book in my to-read folder for months.....

message 18: by Leea (new)

Leea Same here... great minds think alike :)

message 19: by Dee (last edited Nov 02, 2011 04:18PM) (new)

Dee (austhokie) Caught running is great - if any of you have a kindle and want to borrow it let me know, cause its loanable

message 20: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn Both Flat-Out Sexy and The Perfect Play are great reads. I'm going with It Had to Be You as I haven't read it yet.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi,
I nominate Men Among Giants by Kent Krause.

message 22: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) We have 7 nominations so far. I'll keep nominations open until tomorrow evening at which time I will post the poll for voting.

Thanks everyone!

message 23: by Leea (new)

Leea Thanks Wendy for putting this all together. I can't wait to read my first Sports Romance Book.

message 24: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I'm pretty excited to branch out too!

message 25: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Okay everyone, with seven books nominated I have added the poll to the home page, or you can click here.

Thanks everyone, for taking time out to vote!

message 26: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) We have a winner! Whoo Hoo!! I'm really excited to read a Sports Romance. This is a new area for me!

The Perfect Play

message 27: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) woot...now to find it on my shelves

message 28: by Leea (new)

Leea Yay!!! I've got the ebook already :)

message 29: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I'm pretty excited for this one too!

message 30: by Leea (new)

Leea I started Perfect Play today and I like it, light and sweet. It's a great read for me after such a heavy book as Forbidden.

Here is a quote that just have me laughing for some reason, kind of graphic so watch your gentle ears ladies :) (view spoiler)

message 31: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) i'm conflicted about reading this one - the only other Jaci Burton i've read was Riding Wild and disappointed doesn't begin to describe how I felt about the book...

message 32: by Kesha (new)

Kesha | 23 comments Leea that quote had me ROFL

message 33: by Leea (new)

Leea I'm wondering if this is also Erotica... LOTS of sex. I'm not complaining or anything there is also some... (view spoiler)

I finished the book. Who else is going to read it. Someone had to vote for this book ladies :)

message 34: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Oh, I totally plan to read it. It's on my list, it'll just be a moment.

message 35: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) i'm hoping to fit it into my big reading challenge becuase that guides so much of my reading, but there are still tasks to be posted - hopefully i'll know soon

message 36: by D.G. (last edited Dec 05, 2011 07:12AM) (new)

D.G. I read it before and was just meh...

message 37: by Leea (new)

Leea D.G. I just suggested (in the what are you reading thread) it to you for the 'steam factor' haha!

message 38: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Dec 05, 2011 02:31PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Didn't we have a topic set aside for Perfect Play? If so, I might close this one so there isn't duplicate conversations going on.

Unless you guys were wanting this topic for non-spoiler talk or something. I just noticed that the month we had Lady's Lesson in Scandal, it was almost like we had dueling topics going on. Some people were posting in the nom thread, others were posting in the book thread and the conversations could have really gone all in one place.

message 39: by Leea (new)

Leea Sorry, I think it's my fault... Just picked the first thread 'Sports Romance' that I saw... Let's move over here:
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/7...

message 40: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) We can close this one. I think I did last month. I'll go ahead and do that.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.