Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Help with Quizzes > Quiz tags

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Is there anyway to find out who is changing hundreds of tags on Twilight and (un)related vampire-type quizes?

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41701 comments Mod
From what to what, if you know that?

message 3: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments The most noticable thing is adding entries like Romance, Vampire, Werewolf to absolutely anything that seems to involve vampires including all Twilight related quizzes.

It doesn't help anyone find Twilight because anyone who wants a Twilight quiz will click on the Twilight tag which has always been clearly visible on the quiz page. What it does do is, in my opinion, make the Romance, Vampire, Werewolf tags less useful.

Romance now contains "Gone with the Wind" and other traditional romances and will soon probably include 200 Twilight Saga quizzes which can all already be found using the single Twilight tag:
http://www.goodreads.com/quizzes

I'm bothered that someone is blanket-adding tags for the sake of it without having any real idea of how limited the tag system is or how it might be used. There is nothing resembling an official policy regarding tags so I invented one and have been sticking to it for the last 18 months. If someone has a better plan then let them make it public and we can use it. I've been changing some of the tags back but there does not seem much point in continuing with that if it is all going to get changed.

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41701 comments Mod
Unfortunately, it does not appear that we log tag changes on quizzes.

message 5: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments rivka wrote: "Unfortunately, it does not appear that we log tag changes on quizzes."

I've noticed.

Ok. I think I will take a sabbatical until either the demon tagger says hello or until they go away.