Anne | 14 comments Mod
A summary should include a few details:

1. Title 2 pts.
2. Author 2 pts.
3. Characters 2 pts.
4. Setting 2 pts.
5. A few main events 5 pts.

Complete Sentences 7 pts.

A summary should only be a couple of COMPLETE sentences. This will be a reading and a writing grade, so do your best!!

message 2: by Gunner (new)

Gunner | 9 comments The title of the book im reading is tracker by Gary Paulsen. The charters are john and his grand father. the setting right now is john in the barn milking the cow waiting for his grand father. Another event is that his grand father cant go hunting with him this year.

message 3: by Olivia (last edited Nov 01, 2011 06:28AM) (new)

Olivia | 9 comments I am on page 103 out of 166 pages of the book Titanic Book Two: Collision Course by Gordon Korman. The book is a sequel to Titanic Book One: Unsinkable. Paddy is a stowaway on the great Titanic by accident. He and Alfie were in the luggage hold when they accidently came across a mysterious scrap book of murders. They think that they found the person that the luggage belongs to, but Paddy has more problems. The Second Officer Lightoller spotted him and the whole Whitestar Line crew members went on a frantic
all-night search for the stowaway. But, Paddy was never found. Nopw he is living in a piece of luggage, to make sure he isn't found.

message 4: by Tyler (new)

Tyler | 2 comments The book that i am reading is about A man that trns into a scaltin and riads a coper.

message 5: by Luke (new)

Luke | 10 comments The bok im reading is called the Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan. The main characters are Carter and Sadie Kane. They are in the Egyptian underworld, (the Daut) and are searching for Ra. I love this book and I reccomend it to anyone.

message 6: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey | 9 comments I'm am reading a book called bloomability by Sharon Creech and she is the best and my favorite author. i'm omly a little into the book but this is what i know about it, it is about a girl and it takes place in the states of Kentucyk to Virginia to North Carolina,Tennessee,Ohio,Indiana,Wisconsin,Oklahoma,
Tenessee,Texas,Calafornia,New Mexico her mom is a city girl and her dad is a worker or a farm house boy. Her brother is always getting into trouble wherever they travle to.

message 7: by Ashlynn (new)

Ashlynn (asmithashlynn) | 9 comments The book I am currently reading is called Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows. The author is J.K Rowling. Some of the main characters are Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, Ginny Weasley, Lord Voldemort, Severus Snape, Draco Malfoy, Bellatrix Lestrange, and Lord Voldemort. The setting is the Muggle World and The Burrow, Ron's house. So far a couple of the main events is when Harry reads the newspaper about Albus Dumbledore his old Headmaster. Also, at The Dark Lord's Meeting. Another main event is when Harry and The Order leave Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon's house and they use the Poly-Juice Potion and all they each dress as Harry and each Harry would have a person to pertect them so they won't know which Harry is the real one. Voldemort, and the gang of Death Eater's were waiting for the Order. That's all where I got so far.

message 8: by Tina (new)

Tina | 11 comments My book, River Secrets by Shannon Hale, is about two counries, Bayern and Tira, that just had a war. The rulers of Tira and Bayern decide to have peace between them, so they both send their ambassador to the other country. Razo, a forest-born scrawney boy, joins the journey to send the kings couison (the ambassador) to Tira. But along the way, Razo keeps finding burned bodies, and once they arrive Razo and Captian Talone bury the bodies, but people find them. Now the Bayern people have to stay in the Tira Castle as stubborn crowds try to attack them.
So far I am on 83 out of 290.

message 9: by Braden (new)

Braden | 10 comments The title is Satch & Me by Dan Gutman.The caracters are Satch Flip and Stosh.The setting is New YorkAnd Satch is trying to break the record of the fastest pitch ever.

message 10: by Elaine (new)

Elaine | 10 comments The book I am reading right now is called My Girl by Patricia Hermes. It's about this little girl named Vada and a ,little boy named Thomas J they say that they are blood brothers. Vada's mom died when she was born, her dad barely has time for her, and Vada's Grandma who she calls Gramoo was xthe replacement for Vada's mom until she went al crazy and stoped talking. Vada thinks she has throat cancer because of the lump she claims she has in her throat. Thomas J has asthma and glasses. All of this is happining in Vada's house. I'm on page 99 out of 180.

message 11: by Leeanna (new)

Leeanna | 8 comments I just got finished reading a book called Love, Stargirl aby Jerry Spinelli, it was the second book after Stargirl. It was about a girl who was in love with a boy after she had left homeschooling to go to a real high school in Arizonia. She moves far away around the end of the school year after winning a speech award. So she begins to write him a letter about everything she does everyday counting down to the shortest day in the year, the winter solstice. She tries to send him a message though his mind and she does. Her freind named Archie, gives her a note from him that said "Yes" the reply to her question "Will we ever meet again?"

message 12: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 14 comments The book i am reading is heartland horses breaking free. I am almost done with it, i have like three more chapters to go. The Author is lauren brooke. the setting is heartland where they heal the horses. charecters are i found some more. Amy Lou marnie lisa scott ashley jade matt there is more but i told you

message 13: by Savannah (new)

Savannah O | 9 comments I am reading "Catching Fire" written by Suzanne Collins.So far Katniss and Peeta are taking the victory tour around the districts were the other compediters lived.They are on a train on their way to
district 11 were Rue once lived(Rue was a compeditor and a friend to Katniss.) President Snow is also about to kill every body that she loves if she does not convince him that she deserves being the victor. That is about were I am at in the book.

message 14: by Jared (new)

Jared A | 3 comments The book I am reading is by r.l. stine it is called monster blood it is about a boy who wants to scare his freinds but the jokes on him I recomend it to everyone

message 15: by Zachary c (new)

Zachary c C | 9 comments i am reading this book it name is i surived and a kid was standing in a bout in the middle of a ocean and a big ship started to sink in the water and his or her brother or sister was on that ship and she or he surived

message 16: by Chandler (new)

Chandler R | 9 comments The tittle of my book is Aliens For Breakfast, and the athor of my book is Jonathan Etra and Stephanie spinner. Two of my caracters are Richard Bickerstaff,and Dorf.The setting is his house. Two main events are the cearal growing and a little space alien in his cereal.

message 17: by Megan (new)

Megan | 6 comments My book is Bone Treasure Hunters.Its about Phoney Bone go's to the big city trying to find gold.The charters are phoney bone,Smiley Bone,and Bone.The first event is,Bone and Thorn find a preyer stone.The secound event is,Smily and Phoney steal a hey cart to hide the rat creater.The last one is Bone and Thorn find grama Ben.Also the athors name is Jeff Smith.

message 18: by Richard (new)

Richard | 7 comments FabelHaven Rise of the Evening Star
Brandon Mull
Seth,Kendra,Warren
Seth is swollowed by a demon named Olouch . His sister Kendra thinking that her brother is dead. But before he got swollowed he ate a fairy cacoon that would somehow save his life. Kendra went to a guy named Warren who is as white as a albino. Warren was out traveling and got cursed by a evil spirit.

message 19: by Kody (new)

Kody H | 9 comments I am reading a book called american chillers.It is by Johnathan rand.The characters are colette and Jermy.They are outside playing hide and go seek.

message 20: by Justice (new)

Justice | 9 comments Mockingjay
By:Suzanne Collins
I am at District 13. A district that isn`t supposed to exist. My home was District 12 But, the Captil
decided that they don`t need a District 12 and bruned
it to the ground.The only people who made it out was
me,Gale,my mom,Prim,Finnick,Beetee,Haymitch,a few thousend people from District 12,and of course Peata,
who was captred by the Capatil.But, the wrost thing is that I just agerred to be their Mockingjay.

message 21: by Ashleye (new)

Ashleye P | 8 comments the book i am reading is called the teacher who forgot to much! the Characters are samantha carrison edward and james the Author is steve brezenoff and the main Setting is that there at school and now they are going on a fild trip and every time they go on a fild trip something is always getting stolen or wrecked!

message 22: by Seth (new)

Seth P | 8 comments I am reading a book called DRAGONS RISING by:Davis, Bryan. It is about a boy names is Billy. He and proffeser are sleeping and then are almost killed by people wereing spiecil cloks and when Billy tried to blow fire it was no mach for the cloke.Read the book to read if they get away or not???

message 23: by lupita (new)

lupita (lupitagg) | 9 comments The book im reading is called Son of Neptune. What is happening right now is that Hazel Percy and Fank just got there quest which is to go to Alaska and find there missing equitment . The preson it s by is Rick Riordan .They are on camp Jupiter.

message 24: by Nathaniel (new)

Nathaniel B | 9 comments I am reading a book called the Lost Hero by Rick Roardiean.The main characters are Piper Jason and leo they all are at a camp called Camp Half Blood. They all met at a school called The wilderness school for kids who get in trouble.But Jason had his memorieas stolen but when things get rough and they end up fight storm spirits then people from camp Half blood come and take them to there camp. Then they find out that Jason had his memorieas stolen by the goddes Juno.Then they go on a quest to get them back and to free juno from a prizon.

message 25: by Dylan bar (new)

Dylan bar | 5 comments fly high fly guy
tedd arnold
buzz,fly guy,mom,dad.
road trip

message 26: by Zacharyh (new)

Zacharyh H | 9 comments The book that i am reading is called The Kingdom of Fantasy and it is by Geronimo Stiltion.Do you really want to know what the story is.Ok here it goes Geronimo Stiltion came home on a cold sunny day.Geronimo got to his house he came in than the house had a power outage.so he came upsairs to find candles.He went searching around for candles but the only thing he could find is a music box.When he opened the music there was a golden door right at the wall.

message 27: by Zoie (new)

Zoie | 4 comments The book im reading is called Heartland and its about Anne and Lou's mom dies in a car accident with a horse trailer with a horse in it.The story takes place in Virgina at a horse farm called Heartland its where they take care of horses when there sick or dont trust people anymore.The authors name is Lauren Brooke

message 28: by Samuel (new)

Samuel | 7 comments my book is about this boy that is like when zombe natzes take over the woled samuel winn

message 29: by James.w (new)

James.w | 5 comments the book i'am reading is "spiders and how they live",and the author of spiders and how they live is Eugene david.and here are some facks is that spiders are broken in three groups.
1.Araneae
2.arachnida
3.arthropoda
A onther one is,that the two is poisonous spiders is the Black widow and the brown house spder.Also they treid to make spider-silk cloth. spiders have poor eye site

By James wingett

message 30: by Jeff (last edited Nov 01, 2011 09:29AM) (new)

Jeff | 9 comments The book I'm reading is called Heartland and the setting is at a horse rehabilatation center.The main characters are Amy,and Jake and they train horses to trust people. Heartland is a giant farm specialy built to help rehabilatate horses.

message 31: by Brendan (new)

Brendan | 9 comments The book im reading is the lightning theif and its about he's about to get kicked out of school.And he's has been dilling with monsters and gods

message 32: by Elizabeth (last edited Nov 01, 2011 09:34AM) (new)

Elizabeth | 9 comments The book I am reading is called The Romeo and Juliet Code. It is about a girl who lives in Britian during the war. Her parents take her to her aunts house and leave. She wondered where they went and when they were coming back. This book is by Phoebe Stone. It must eventually get exciting!The characters are Whinnie and Danny.

message 33: by Ryan (last edited Nov 01, 2011 09:38AM) (new)

Ryan | 9 comments The book I am reading is called "Stink," by: Megan McDonald.
The main character is Stink, and the three main settings are at his house, school and at the fair. One of the three main events is like when one of Stink's friends gave him the pair of smelly sneakers and when Stink went to the fair to enter a smelly sneaker contest but then he became a judge, and also when he tried to make them even more smelly by puting other smelly objects into and on them. I already finished the book about a month ago, and it was a pretty fun book to read, I hope more people get a chanse to read it.

message 34: by Brenndon (last edited Nov 01, 2011 09:24AM) (new)

Brenndon | 11 comments The book I am reading the big fat cow that went kapow by Terry Denton. Its about a cow and there is one that it has wings and it says meow.

message 35: by Lauren (last edited Nov 01, 2011 09:23AM) (new)

Lauren | 15 comments The book im reading is Tales of A Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume. A part of my book is pretty funny it goes like this: Fudge Peters little brother is at the park with Peter, Jimmy, and Sheila and Fudge goes on the jungle gym and thinks he can fly. So Fudge jumps off and swollows his two front teeth!!

message 36: by Drake (new)

Drake | 7 comments The book im reading is called Heros of 9/11 by Allan Zullo the Main chariters are the brave men and women
who dyed in the towers, pentagon , and even flight 93.
ten true tales

message 37: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 14 comments The book I was just getting started reading with is by Bill Wallace and it is so far so good.
And one of the charaters are Mama and Dad.
Amd this book is taking place at the South and it is deairng Winter.
And the first main event is taking place in the South.
Amd the second main event is taking place is at school.
And the third main event is taking place dearing kindigarden.
And the fourth main event is taking place at St. Louise.

-I think it is a great book for other kids to read as well as we are and just as well as parents too!!!!

message 38: by Meranda (new)

Meranda | 10 comments 1.Title Onley Good Spy Young
2.Author Ally Carter
3.Characters Rabeca,Beth,Ginger
Rebeca went to the spy scool and met Beth and Ginger.
Ginger was bring the snoby rich girl she is and ignoring Rabeca.Beth was nice but she was rich to so Rabeca did not fell like she fit in. Beth and Ginger went to class and saw Rabeca at a the other table and Ginger went up to her and said "Were did you get your glasses the dupster.

message 39: by Macey (new)

Macey | 9 comments My book is Harry potter and the Chamber of Secrets it is writin by J. K. Rowling. I'm at the part were harry sees Malfo and he is at a shop in the wizerd world. Then he ends up finding Ron and his brothers. Thats my sumery on Harry Potter.

message 40: by Caleigh (new)

Caleigh | 10 comments Fairest by Gail Carson Levine

Aza was abandoned when she was a month old. She was abondoned at the Featherbed Inn, in a Ayothaian village, Amonta. Aza thinks of herself as ugly, but her voice says other wise. One day, the duchess comes to Featherbed Inn. The duchess companion gets sick and can't go to the royal wedding. Aza has been chosen to go to the royal wedding by the duchess. When they arrive to the wedding, Ivi, the queen, asked the inn keeper's daughter to be her lady-in-waiting.

message 41: by Brenna (last edited Nov 01, 2011 09:37AM) (new)

Brenna | 9 comments The book that I am reading is still, The missing book 3, Sabatoged. The author is Margerat Peterson, But these books are mainly known as Haddix books. The characters are Jonah, Katherine, and Andrea. They are sent back into time to fix watever happened to Andrea (A.K.A Virginia Dare) Where I am right now, they just got out of the water from saving a old mans life from a ship wreck. They found a huge wound in his head and are trying to bandage it with Jonah and Andreas' jackets, and there is a storm coming so they are trying to find shelter. I am about half way threw the book, but plan to finish by next Saturday.

message 42: by Nick (new)

Nick | 8 comments The book I'm reading is called "The Sea Of Monsters".The author is Rick riordan.
1.Percy
2.Tyson
3.Annabeth
4.Grover
After a summer spent trying to prevent a catastrophic war among the Greek gods, Percy Jackson is finding his seventh-grade school year unnervingly quiet.His biggest problem is his new freind named Tyson he is a mentally challaged homeless kid who follows Percy everywhere.Camp Half Blood the only safe haven for demigods is on the verge of being overrun by mythological monsters. To save the camp he must find his best friend Grover who is taken prisoner on the island called "The Sea Of Monsters" to save camp half blood.Only today, the Sea of Monsters goes by a new name: The Bermuda Triangle.

message 43: by Sara (new)

Sara | 10 comments The tilte of my book is Chasing redbird.The author of my book is Sharon Creech.Some of the main characters are Zinny,Rose,May and Jake.The setting is on a farm.
One main event is when Zinny meets her friend Jake again she hasn't seen him a long time.Anthor main event is when Zinny saw her dead cosion.She thought what it would be like to have her cosion dead in a drawer.there is all my informaion on my book.

message 44: by Brooke (new)

Brooke C | 10 comments My book is Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone. The author is J.K Rowling. main events are, when the dragon hatched from it's egg, finding the Unicorn, and getting on Harry's broom stick. Some characters are, Harry Potter,Hagrid,and Fluffy the three headed dog. The setting is at Hogwarts. That is my third summerey on Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone.

message 45: by Shelby (new)

Shelby S | 8 comments The book that im curently reading is Stink and the Worlds Most Super-Stinky Sneakers and the main cacter is Stink and they go to the stink musem of smells and stink smelt every smell in the museum and pasted out.

message 46: by Dylan Br (new)

Dylan Br | 8 comments I am currently still reading The Wednesday Wars, by Gary D. Schmidt. They are still in Long Island, New York, still in 1968,still same charecters (Holling Hoodhood, Mrs. Baker, etc.), but lots more has happened. For instince, Meryl Lee, a girl whom hated Holling in the beginning of the story, but now basiclly loves the guy after Holling blurting out a sentence which he didn't want to say. It just came out, "Meryl Lee, let's go somewhere for Valentine's Day." He took Meryl Lee to a Shakespeare play and ate a hamburger and some Coke at Woolworth's, some sort of eating place. He would have taken her somewhere a little more expensive, but he didn't have alot of money (He got the Shakespeare tickets from Mrs. Bigio, the lunch lady). Another part of the story is when Sycorax and Caliban, the former 2 class pets of Mrs. Baker's class-rats-helped Holling win a race. They were chasing after Holling with red eyes and a deathly passion, climbing over even fences to get him. This helped him get on the varsity running team, the only 7th grader in that group. The rats eventually got taken away by an exterminator. The last event I will tell you about is the part I've just finished reading. Holling is running a varsity race, while all of his friends-including Mrs. Baker- were cheering him on. When he started to slow down, Mrs. Baker gave him some words of encouragment, making him run VERY fast. When he won, he couldn't hear Mrs. Baker congratulating him, and he couldn't feel the thorny stem (which was a rose, but all of the petals fell of when Meryl Lee waved it around) Meryl Lee handed him, but he sure as heck could feel it when Meryl Lee leaned in and...do I gotta say it? ...No, I don't. This is a summary of The Wednesday Wars so far.

message 47: by Frank (new)

Frank | 8 comments The book i'm reading is called Brian's winter by Gary Paulsen if you ever read the book Hatchet its just the same thing only Brian never got rescued and now has to survive the winter in the canadian woods until he gets rescued.(I don't have any events yet because I just started reading it)

message 48: by Brielle (last edited Nov 01, 2011 09:32AM) (new)

Brielle | 9 comments The book I am reading is The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. So far its about this kid named Percy Jackson who's not normal. The setting is at a museum with Roman statues in it. Something very wrong is going on at the museum though. Percy's teacher grew bat wings and attacked Percy! Now Percy's friend Grover is proctecting Percy from harm. But it isn't easy! On their way to safety Percy and Grover run into three old ladies knitting the biggest pair of socks Percy's ever seen. Percy thinks they seem harmless enough, but Grover doesn't. I am on page 31 and can't wait to read what happens next. (The next chapter is called: Grover Unexpectedly Loses His Pants. Hehe)

message 49: by Alex.M (new)

Alex.M | 9 comments The book that I am reading is called Harry Potter And The Order Of Phoenix, and the author is J.K Rowling. The three characters in my book right now are Harry Potter and Mrs.Figg.. and Dudley. The settings are at Privet Drive and Magnolia Crescent. First Harry is listening to the news.. in a bush from the window but his Aunt and Uncle hate it when he does that! Intil he hears a snap like something Apparated or Disapparated so he head of toward Magnolia Crescent and finds Dudley and his gang his gang of friends leaves so Harry teases Dudley about the names his mum and dad call him intil all of a sudden a dementor comes out from the darkness and... to bad you'll have to read it to find out the rest!! :P

message 50: by Jacob (new)

Jacob | 10 comments I'm reading Bionic Bats of Bay City. Jamie,Tori,and there fiends are playing an innocent game of hide-and-seek. However one of them sees a bat, and any bat. A Bat the size of a teenager,and there'smore than one.Can the five kids suvive, or will the bat get there where

« previous 1