Lush Library discussion

Michael Marshall Smith
This topic is about Michael Marshall Smith
Story a Week > Unbelief - Michael Marshall Smith

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty (kirkel) | 1160 comments Mod
I'm pretty sure I read a review of this book and the person had bought it for this author's story - they said it wasn't his best.

Do you know of Michael Marshall Smith ?

What do you think about this story? Compared to the others?

Favourite parts? Quotes?

message 2: by Kirsty (new)

Wow - now that's what I call a short story!
I felt it was too short and too ambiguous but I did enjoy his writing style and am planning to seek out some of his other work.

message 3: by Kerry Bridges (new)

Kerry Bridges | 121 comments Hm, yes, not really sure about that one. I don't really think I would want to read any more either. This one is much colder - I didn't like the character, I did like the Neil Gaiman one much better, perhaps I am just a Gaiman fan at the moment, and I have never heard of this guy.

Interesting though, that you really liked it, again shows that there are different stories for everyone.

message 4: by Kirsty (new)

Kerry wrote: "Hm, yes, not really sure about that one. I don't really think I would want to read any more either. This one is much colder - I didn't like the character, I did like the Neil Gaiman one much bett..."

I didn't particularly like it either - what I meant was that it was a really short short story. It was way too short and left too many questions for me.

message 5: by Kerry Bridges (new)

Kerry Bridges | 121 comments Oh sorry LOL. Yes, it was quite short, but actually I wasn't bothered because I didn't really like it anyway.