Fans of Angelfall discussion

Goodreads Choice Awards 2011

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey guys, I just wanted to let everyone know that there are *currently* no nominations for Angelfall in the Goodreads Choice Awards 2011. I personally nominated Angelfall, and I think it'd be great if it won something!! ^_^

message 2: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 1 comments I wrote in a vote for Angelfall for YA fantasy. This book is too good to not be on that list.

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead (readingfanatic1) | 56 comments Mod
Jamie wrote: "I wrote in a vote for Angelfall for YA fantasy. This book is too good to not be on that list."

I voted for it in the YA fantasy as well.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, good. I did, too :) I wasn't sure if it was the right category, but that's where I voted!

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead (readingfanatic1) | 56 comments Mod
Sarah ~Slow reader, or slowly reading? ;) wrote: "Oh, good. I did, too :) I wasn't sure if it was the right category, but that's where I voted!"

I just wanted her book to be represented somewhere and that category seemed the most appropriate!

message 6: by AH (new)

AH I voted for her under fantasy as well.

AH wrote: "I voted for her under fantasy as well."

haha.. I guess we all had the same idea!!!

message 8: by AH (new)

AH I think I voted for her in a few categories. I changed my vote on some books, but when I initially voted, I kept thinking why wasn't Angelfall on any of the lists. So I went back and changed my votes. I wonder if publishers have anything to do with what books make the lists? She's an indy, so she doesn't have a big publishing house behind her.

AH wrote: "I think I voted for her in a few categories. I changed my vote on some books, but when I initially voted, I kept thinking why wasn't Angelfall on any of the lists. So I went back and changed my vot..."

I didn't like alot of the books that were selected for the awards. I figured by writing in the books I wanted to win, at least I can show my support for the books I really loved.

I tried to find out what their criteria was for picking the top books for the awards and then I realized I was using this for an excuse to not do my work! LOL

message 10: by AH (new)

AH Procrastination is great, isn't it?

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Where do I go to vote?

Anna wrote: "Where do I go to vote?"

http://www.goodreads.com/award/choice/

and select "YA Fantasy" or whatever category you want and you have to write in Angelfall as it is not one of the selected top books.

message 13: by Anna (Bobs Her Hair) (last edited Nov 01, 2011 06:21PM) (new)

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Thanks, Michelle. I may have to try again because when I type in the title and author; it's not letting me click on "vote."

***edited to add***
Finally, it stopped taking me to my rating and let me vote. Write-in complete! :o)

Anna wrote: "Thanks, Michelle. I may have to try again because when I type in the title and author; it's not letting me click on "vote."

***edited to add***
Finally, it stopped taking me to my rating and let..."

Goodreads has been a bit goofy lately....or maybe that is just me being goofy. lol

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Michelle wrote: Goodreads has been a bit goofy lately....or maybe that is just me being goofy. lol

It's not you. ;o)

message 16: by Susan (new)

Susan Ee | 23 comments You guys are the BEST! Thank you SO much!!!

message 17: by AH (new)

AH Not sure how far our votes will get you, but you are appreciated here.

message 18: by Caity (new)

Caity | 27 comments AH wrote: "Not sure how far our votes will get you, but you are appreciated here."

yes ma'am! agreed.

message 19: by Susan (new)

Susan Ee | 23 comments I am forever touched by your enthusiasm and genuine excitement over Penryn & Raffe (and Mom). You are the earliest of my readers and you are making a huge difference. It's not about the votes or the awards--it's about your wonderful support. It's about you discovering the book, making it yours and loving it for what it is.

Thank you. :)

Caro ♡ Hot Mess Sommelière | 28 comments I voted, too. It's sad that goodreads doesn't have a special award for indie books yet. There are so many good independent authors nowadays that simply aren't recocknized as "real" authors.
Lately, I have been really disappointed in mainstream YA Fantasy - it's plain disgusting to see how the authors copy each other and pretend to be the first with the vampire-idea.
I think there should be an extra genre for indie books - many of them should be more widely known!

message 21: by AH (new)

AH Caro - you should suggest that on the Goodreads Feedback group.

message 22: by Caity (new)

Caity | 27 comments Caro wrote: "I voted, too. It's sad that goodreads doesn't have a special award for indie books yet. There are so many good independent authors nowadays that simply aren't recocknized as "real" authors.
Lately..."

SO AGREED

message 23: by Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker (last edited Nov 03, 2011 11:29AM) (new)

Caro wrote: "I voted, too. It's sad that goodreads doesn't have a special award for indie books yet. There are so many good independent authors nowadays that simply aren't recocknized as "real" authors.
Lately..."

I agree as well. 62% of the people that read Angelfall on Goodreads gave the book 5 stars. That is a huge percentage of people. If you look at the other books listed in the "YA fantasy" category, they are not close to that percentage. Granted, the more people read a book, the higher the likelihood of non five star ratings (or something like that).

But I don't think that would happen with Angelfall. I'm guessing if a big time publisher came out and republished the book without even one change, it would be a major success and would easily win in the YA fantasy category.

I've never been a huge fangirl of any book, I like the book and then I move on to the next. I think the last time I was in fangirl status was with (Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between). Like I said, there are books I love and will say so and then move on. However, some books linger with me, like this one- thus- the fangirl status. That is why I feel obligated in a weird way, to spread the word about this book. It's too good to pass up.

Rachel the Book Harlot | 14 comments I voted today. :)

Rachel the Book Harlot | 14 comments Grrr, well at least we tried! Next year we'll take it. :)

Rachel wrote: "Grrr, well at least we tried! Next year we'll take it. :)"

I know. I was so disappointed when it wasn't there. :(

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Me, too! I really didn't like many of the semi-finalists. *shrug* Well, at least we all know Angelfall is awesome ;)

Sarah ~Slow reader, or slowly reading? ;) wrote: "Me, too! I really didn't like many of the semi-finalists. *shrug* Well, at least we all know Angelfall is awesome ;)"

I was surprised at some of the awful books that made it through to the semi-final round. Of course, plenty of the books were great but others, I couldn't believe they made it.

message 29: by Susan (new)

Susan Ee | 23 comments Thanks so much to everyone who voted! And thank you, Sarah, for starting the thread. It really is wonderful to get so much support. :)

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Susan wrote: "Thanks so much to everyone who voted! And thank you, Sarah, for starting the thread. It really is wonderful to get so much support. :)"

Aw, you're so very welcome!

Fani *loves angst* (fanip) I'm so sorry I read the book after the GR awards were closed:( Angelfall would definitely be my choice too, if I'd only read it a month ago.