Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Nov 01, 2011 02:45PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments ~ Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired ~
A reoccurring feature, making it easier to notify you of all the new, exciting things going on in our group for the month and a central place to keep track of any carry-over challenges and discussions.

NOVEMBER NEWSLETTER

Book of the Month for November
     ...We have a winner! Dragon Bound, by Thea Harrison. Join in the discussion here .
      Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea Harrison

“Buddy Reads”
      Lurk, answer questions, make perdictions, volunteer, or just say, "Hi!"
      Whatever! But expect spoilers.
      No Rest for the Wicked, by Kresley Cole
           Start Date: November 1st. Come join us here.
      Lord of the Vampires (Royal House of Shadows, #1), by Gena Showalter
          Start Date: November 7th. Come join us here.
      No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3) by Kresley Cole Lord of the Vampires (Royal House of Shadows, #1) (Harlequin Nocturne, #119) by Gena Showalter

Reading Challenges!
     ❖ Monthly: November 2011 Challenge > Thanks for the Characters!
          November 1, 2011 to November 30, 2011

❖ Quarterly Theme: Happy Holidays
          October 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011

❖ Popular “Yearlies” - One Year from Start Date:
          Location, location location! (A little naughty; we are NOT talking real estate.)
          Romance Subgenres (Multiple tiers.)
          Kleypas’ "What Type of Animal Are You?" (Take the quiz, then do the challenge.)

Newest Threads
     ☂ “Turning of the Seasons”

Reoccurring Threads
     ☛ Gigi's “Favorite Read of the Month” for October.

Series Read
      Vote for: Our 1st Series Read - December start date.

GoodReads How To...
      Invite a friend to this group.

Pictures by: glitter-graphics.com

message 2: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Reserved.

message 3: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Reserved.

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather (messybar) | 1307 comments Yay, so happy to see this!

message 5: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments This is a great idea!

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather (messybar) | 1307 comments Glad you like it, Susan. Please let us know what you like about it. =)

message 7: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I like that all the current challenges ate listed here for easy access. Sometimes I miss them scrolling through the discussion page. I also like that the current buddy reads are listed here so people can see what's going on :)

message 8: by Heather (new)

Heather (messybar) | 1307 comments Great, Susan. Thanks for your feedback!

message 9: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4356 comments Nice newsletter, ladies! Santa told me CaroB, Heather, Michelle, and Lisa Kay did this as a joint effort. Can't wait for the December one and all the Christmas information.

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments RLFTCI Online Elf wrote: "Nice newsletter, ladies! Santa told me CaroB, Heather, Michelle, and Lisa Kay did this as a joint effort. Can't wait for the December one and all the Christmas information."

December will be an exciting month!!!

Christine (Cagnes) (cagnes) | 56 comments Great job on the newsletter!

message 12: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments Awesome Newsletter guys!! :o)

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) | 53 comments Ive never been in a group that has had a "newsletter" (and an interesting one at that),sent out to members.
Is this something new? Very nicely done..2-thumbs up looking forward to more :D

message 14: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Thanks, Christine & Megan!

message 15: by Tracey (new)

Tracey Smith | 415 comments Love that the buddy reads are listed here! Really want to participate in both buddy reads for Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea Harrison and Lord of the Vampires (Royal House of Shadows, #1) (Harlequin Nocturne, #119) by Gena Showalter just not sure if I can read two books at the same time. Never tried before :)

message 16: by Gaijinmama (new)

Gaijinmama | 6 comments Thanks, Lisa Kay, lovely to know what's going on in the group, and also lovely to get several awesome-sounding book recommendations from reading this!

message 17: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Tracey, I use to read fanfiction a lot and would read 7 or 8 stories all going on at the same time(that would update regularly), as well as 1 or 2 completed stories a week that I would read from beginning to end. Sometimes it was hard to keep the stories separate, especially since I was reading stories that were all Edward and Bella in them ROFLOL I haven't tried reading multiple "real" books at the same time though. I like reading something from start to finish without changing plots :)

message 18: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 369 comments Love the newsletter Lisa Kay. You're really clever!

message 19: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Gaijinmama wrote: "Thanks, Lisa Kay, lovely to know what's going on in the group, and also lovely to get several awesome-sounding book recommendations from reading this!"

Glad you like it, Gaijinmama! CaroB, Heather, & ✿Michelle✿ made it fun to work on.

message 20: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Ive never been in a group that has had a "newsletter" (and an interesting one at that),sent out to members.
Is this something new? Very nicely done..2-thumbs up looking forward to more :D"

Thanks so much Sandi! It's great to hear :-) Yes, this is something new and hopefully will become a monthly feature.

Thanks to everyone for the responses!

message 21: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments I'm glad everyone likes it!

message 22: by Heather (new)

Heather (messybar) | 1307 comments My sentiments exactly, ✿Michelle✿!

message 23: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Carolyn F. wrote: "Love the newsletter Lisa Kay. You're really clever!"

Thanks, Carolyn! Glad you think we are.

message 24: by Tracey (new)

Tracey Smith | 415 comments Well Susan I think I may try it, but everyone will have to excuse me if I start answering questions about one book in the forum for another. LOL. I'm worried about getting plots crossed. We'll see

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) What a good idea, Lisa Kay!

message 26: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Thanks, Lady Danielle! Glad you like it. Saw the suggestion in the Moderator's Support Group. The four of us (CaroB, Heather, ✿Michelle✿ & me) had fun doing it... and working on the next one for December! ☺

message 27: by ch&ra (new)

ch&ra | 14 comments Lisaaaaaaaa! this I vow truly ingenious! fancy it very much, what with the "book of the month, "reading challenges", and the threads. Well now I have acquired another medium to consult for a new book! *winkwink*

What's this about "buddy reads"? Would you be kind enough to enlighten me?

message 28: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Nov 10, 2011 02:53PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments So glad you like the RLftCI November Newsletter. I had tons of help from ✿Michelle✿, CaroB, & Heather.

Here is a link that I hope answers your question. A Place for "Buddy Reads" We are thinking of doing some type of "Buddy Reads Calendar" -- so look for that soon. ☺

message 29: by Tracey (new)

Tracey Smith | 415 comments LOVE Buddy reads! A Buddy Read calendar would be great!

message 30: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Gah, yes! I'm all about Buddy Reads right now LOL

message 31: by Heather (new)

Heather (messybar) | 1307 comments With so many planned, Lisa Kay, that is extremely helpful. Thank you!

message 32: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments This thread has been archived.