♥!The Young Adult Book Club!♥ discussion

The Adoration of Jenna Fox (Jenna Fox Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about The Adoration of Jenna Fox
Past Reads > The Adoration of Jenna Fox

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 3376 comments Mod
The Adoration of Jenna Fox

description

Summary: Who is Jenna Fox? Seventeen-year-old Jenna has been told that is her name. She has just awoken from a coma, they tell her, and she is still recovering from a terrible accident in which she was involved a year ago. But what happened before that? Jenna doesn't remember her life. Or does she? And are the memories really hers?

This fascinating novel represents a stunning new direction for acclaimed author Mary Pearson. Set in a near future America, it takes readers on an unforgettable journey through questions of bio-medical ethics and the nature of humanity. Mary Pearson's vividly drawn characters and masterful writing soar to a new level of sophistication.

Discussion Leader: Jennifer

Shannon I really enjoyed this book!!! :) I thought that it would be boring but when I got further into the book I loved it!!! :)

message 3: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (last edited Oct 31, 2011 09:32PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shannon wrote: "I really enjoyed this book!!! :) I thought that it would be boring but when I got further into the book I loved it!!! :)"

Same here! The first 50 pages were a little slow. I took a break then when I went back to it I finished the rest of the book in one night.

Shannon Cool! :) I read it with my class :)

message 5: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shannon wrote: "Cool! :) I read it with my class :)"

Nice! I never read any good books in class! We read all the classics that I don't even feel are that great.

Shannon That sucks :(

Shannon Do you guys watch movies and write about film techniques etc? :)

message 8: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yeah like in 9th grade we read Brave New World and watched the movie. It was okay. And we read all the other usual's like Great Gatsby and To Kill A Mocking Bird.

Shannon Cool! :)

This year we watched "True Grit"

and last year we watched "The Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of The Black Pearl" and "The Outsiders" (all are fantastic movies!!! :D)

Bethany (youngbooklove) (youngbooklove) | 6 comments This book is on it's way! :D Looks like a really unique read, I can't wait for it to get into my mailbox.

Monique (thebeautygirl) i really liked this book! the story was enjoyable-- just finished it today. definitely many thought-provoking themes throughout the book.

message 12: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new) - rated it 4 stars

Very unique story! And definitely thought provoking with all the scientific advances we already have and where that might lead us.

message 13: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new) - rated it 4 stars

I thought it was interesting all the different things they did to re-create Jenna. New skin and uploading her memories.

Shannon I just got out the sequel to "The Adoration of Jenna Fox"!!!! :D I'm sooo excited!!! :D I can't wait to read it!!!! :D

For those of you who don't know what the sequel is called it is:

"The Fox Inheritance" :)

Courtney (folklaureate) | 2 comments Both this book and The Fox Inheritance were great I highly recommend!

message 16: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new) - rated it 4 stars

I haven't read The Fox Inheritance yet I was unsure if I would like it.

Courtney (folklaureate) | 2 comments it's different from Locke's point of view but its interesting to see the world and his thoughts through his eyes and mind. I like Adoration better, though the end of Inheritance did make me a bit teary-eyed

Shannon I'm reading it now!! :) It's really good so far!!! :)

Angela Fristoe | 13 comments There were things about this book that I loved, but overall I just found it so slow. There was also the similarities to Spielberg's A.I. that made the reveal too predictable.

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) I liked it, but it wasn't my all-time favorite, you know? Like ^Angela, I thought it was slow at some parts.

message 21: by Thalia (new) - added it

Thalia (thaliaanderson) I read this book last year, for my English class (I plan on rereading it for my blog, though), and I just...all but hated it. I remember not liking anything, except for the parts with Ethan (that was his name, right?). He and Jenna were cute, but I could hardly stomach the rest of the book, because I thought it was terrible. >< I'm hoping when I reread it, I'll find it better than I originally did, but that's my opinion as of right now.

message 22: by Liz (new)

Liz Odmark | 1 comments Do you think guys would like to read it? I don't think it's totally girly, but I can't decide if I should recommend it to guys.

message 23: by Thalia (new) - added it

Thalia (thaliaanderson) Eh, like you said, there's nothing really girly about it (that I remember), except that a girl is the main character. And as far as I know, the sequel is from a guy's point of view--I'd say go ahead and recommend it.