Students of the Restored Gospel discussion

Book Discussions > On The Fringe by courtney king walker

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 87 comments This month we will read On the Fringe, written by a member of our group, Courtney King Walker. It is her debut YA novel, and it is getting rave reviews. Courtney, please feel free to pipe in to get our discussion going!! :) Any juicy tidbits or interesting background notes, would be welcomed!

message 2: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 4 comments Thanks Wendy!
On the Fringe is a ghost story with a sentimental (first love) bend. It takes place in the land of fog...the San Francisco bay area, where I'm originally from. There's a great song that sums up the emotions and story of On the Fringe, by Sea Wolf - called "Middle Distance Runner." It was part of my inspiration.

Here is a link on youtube for Middle Distance Runner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyNjRf...

Here is also a link on youtube for the book trailer, as well, to give you an idea what On the Fringe is about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPparN...

Thanks for this opportunity fellow LDS readers! Hope you enjoy.

message 3: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 4 comments 3 upcoming Utah book signings:
Saturday, November 12 at Barnes & Noble Ft. Union 10am-12pm
Wednesday, November 16 at King's English in SLC 7pm
Saturday, December 10 at Barnes & Noble St. George 2-4pm

Last time we had so much fun! Please join us for treats and prizes.
I'm also always trying to give out great middle grade and YA book recommendations, so come for that, too. I have a whole list of fantastic reads for you.

message 4: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 87 comments I'll be there!

message 5: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Hirst (tjhirst) | 2 comments I'd like to join the discussion, just waiting for the book to become available on Amazon again!

message 6: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 4 comments So sorry! There has been a distribution problem because Amazon underestimated the amount of books they would sell. I'm told they should get a shipment next week. Kinda stinks!

message 7: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 4 comments For those who live in Utah, I have an On the Fringe book signing at the Orem Barnes & Noble on Thursday evening, December 8th from 5:30-8:30 pm. This night is also a fundraising book fair for a small local charter school! I would love to see all you Utah County people who haven't been able to come up to SLC. Just come stop by and say hi!

message 8: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Hirst (tjhirst) | 2 comments Before November goes by, we have to acknowledge Courtney. I have to say I received my copy of On the Fringe within days of ordering it from Amazon and read it even quicker. I highly recommend it. I wrote a review. http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/... and nominated it for a Whitney. You can, too! But read it first. You'll love the fun fear in this ghost story.

message 9: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 87 comments Thanks, Teresa....we've had such a good response, that I've decided to extended On The Fringe another month, so more of you have the chance to get a copy and read it!