The Bloody Book Club! discussion

The Year of the Angry Rabbit
This topic is about The Year of the Angry Rabbit
Movies! > Night of the Lepus!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eric (new)

Eric Blood | 196 comments Mod
Happy Halloween, everyone! Just watched a great movie - Night of the Lepus! It was actually pretty bad, but more enjoyable than I thought it might be. The monster bunnies weren't too scary, but the movie was still entertaining. And apparently it was based on an actual novel - The Year of the Angry Rabbit, by Russell Braddon! Haven't heard of this one before, but I'll have to check it out!

message 2: by William (new)

William (wmcc) | 37 comments Happy Halloween Bloodman,I watched the Twilight Zone movie from the 80's as my Halloween movie last night. It's been years since I've watched it,and although i found it pretty dated i had good laugh and enjoyed it.

message 3: by Eric (new)

Wow, I haven't seen that in a long time! I remember liking it when I was little, but like you said, it might not seem as good anymore. I used to think the beginning part with Dan Akroyd was really scary when the one guy turns around real fast and has an ugly face (that's how I remember it anyway - I hope I'm remembering it correctly). If I watched it today, it would probably be pretty dumb.

message 4: by William (new)

William (wmcc) | 37 comments Yeah i was terrified as a kid watching that movie,thinking back i probably shouldn't have been watching it when i was like 9 or 10,the things you get away with when you have cable in your room lol.

Anyone reading anything good?,I'm reading The Policy by Bentley Little and liking it a lot,really weird and might just be the best book i have read by him so far.

message 5: by Eric (new)

I am currently reading Kell's Legend. It's probably more of a science fiction/fantasy book than horror, but there is a lot of death and destruction so far, and I like it better than I thought I might.

I read The Policy a while ago, and I liked it a lot as well! It was one of Bentley Little's better ones, at least in my opinion. And it's about healthcare, so it's topical, too!

William wrote: "Yeah i was terrified as a kid watching that movie,thinking back i probably shouldn't have been watching it when i was like 9 or 10,the things you get away with when you have cable in your room lol...."

message 6: by William (new)

William (wmcc) | 37 comments It certainly is topical and although it's way OTT,it does make you think how insurance is tied to so many things in life,how you basically can't live without it.I don't know if you remember the part in the abandoned hospital bloodman,but i thought it was one of the creepiest and disturbing parts in a book i think i have read.although i wasn't too convinced by the ending, i am still going to read more of his work if they are as good as this one.

message 7: by Eric (new)

Yeah, I remember not liking the end of the book as much as the rest of it, but still enjoyed it overall. Bentley Little is kind of weird for me - some of his books I really really like, and some are just okay. My favorites of his that I've read so far are The Mailman (my favorite of his), Dispatch, University, His Father's Son, and The Collection (which is short stories, something I don't usually like that much, but I really enjoyed this collection).