CanLit Challenge discussion

Lullabies for Little Criminals
This topic is about Lullabies for Little Criminals
General - Canadian Fiction > Lullabies for Little Criminals - Book of the Month, November 2011

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ibis3 (new)

Ibis3 | 322 comments Mod
Opening discussion for Lullabies.

message 2: by Ibis3 (new)

Ibis3 | 322 comments Mod
Is anyone planning to read this book in November?

message 3: by Je (new) - rated it 5 stars

Je | 1 comments I read it and loved it.

message 4: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (pleoniesmith) I am reading it now.

message 5: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Sands (patriciasands) | 16 comments I'm a bit behind and am starting it now. I'll pop back to see if there is any discussion happening!

message 6: by Ibis3 (new)

Ibis3 | 322 comments Mod
Finally, some movement on this thread! I was beginning to worry that no one would take up the November discussion book even though 8 people voted for it. Looking forward to observing discussion.

message 7: by Jen (new)

Jen (perogiesgyoza) | 2 comments I'm still waiting for my book to arrive. Canada Post int'l seems extra slow this year.

message 8: by Patricia (last edited Dec 01, 2011 07:36PM) (new)

Patricia Sands (patriciasands) | 16 comments I finished it last night and loved it most of the time. Baby's voice was amazingly believable. My attention began to drift about 2/3's of the way through, before she got so involved with Alphonse, and then I was hooked (pun intended)back in. She brought what felt like an authentic look into the lives of those struggling in the lowest depths of society.

message 9: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa Eisenmeier (carpelibrumbooks) | 12 comments This book is another that's one my to-be-read list.