Out of Oz (The Wicked Years, #4) Out of Oz discussion

Live Video Chat with Gregory Maguire

Comments Showing 1-50 of 182 (182 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Brown Join us for a live video chat with Gregory Maguire as we discuss the last in the popular Wicked series, Out of Oz. The chat will take place at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT on Friday, November 11, 2011. Join us!

message 2: by Sue (new)

Sue ourselves4.sr@gmail.com

message 3: by Kammie (new) - added it

Kammie kbrun1@brockport.edu

message 4: by Monica (new)

Monica q What inspired you to start writing, and do you have any advise for any young readers who want to write books of their own?

message 5: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Free I haven't finished reading the book yet, but i would like to know: Do we find out in Out of Oz how Elphie knew Malky(the glass cat)'s name?

Stephanie q What is the one thing, if anything, you hope your readers take away from the Oz series?

message 7: by Kyle (new) - added it

Kyle Turpin Question: Do you have any new ideas for new books, possibly new series', or anything more from Oz?

message 8: by Logan (new)

Logan Monroe q: If "Wicked" were to be made into a live-action film based on the novel rather than the play, who could you see playing Elphaba and Glinda?

message 9: by Logan (new)

Logan Monroe q: Do you know how delighted you have made your fans with the news that Gelphie is real?

message 10: by Logan (new)

Logan Monroe q: I just wanted to say, "The Wicked Years" books changed my life. I'm sad that the story is over now, but thank you so much for such incredible books. I and all of your other fans love you so much, and we appreciate the engrossing story you gave us. ELPHABA LIVES!!!

message 11: by Logan (new)

Logan Monroe q: At the end of "Out of Oz," when Glinda wakes up in her cell and seems to know who it is turning the door handle of her cell... was it Elphie?

message 12: by kell_xavi (new)

kell_xavi Q: what kind of stories (and fairy tales) can we look forward to from you in the future?

message 13: by kell_xavi (new)

kell_xavi Q: can you give some insight into why you chose to develop the relationship between Liir and Trism in "Son of a Witch" (and also maybe tell more about your homosexual characters [Crope and Tibbett] in "Wicked)?

message 14: by Avel (new)

Avel Rudenko Q: What are some of the writing projects you've been working on lately? Any new releases coming down the pike?

Jessica q Loved the ‘Wicked’ musical, but are there any plans for a tv/film adaption that’s more faithful to the book?

message 16: by Victoria (last edited Nov 11, 2011 04:12PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Victoria Law Q: I loved Out of Oz, but was left sad by the unresolved romantic relationship (not going to say who so as not to spoil it for other readers). I noticed that in Son of a Witch too; is there a reason why none of the books' endings have a romantically happily-ever-after?

Maura Mawn Maura Q: If you could ask Frank Baum one question about Oz what would it be?

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG!! I finshed the book and I loved it!!!! q How do you write SOOOO good???

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

q How do you write SOOO good???

message 20: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Alexander Q I find it Incredibly hard to write. I come up with good plots but just can't put it to paper. What advice do you have for writers who find it difficult to find their voice?

message 21: by Louise (new)

Louise Q If there was one thing you could change about the musical version of Wicked what would it be?

message 22: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Free Q: What exactly is the pronunciation difference between "animals" and "Animals"?

message 23: by Ally (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ally q: In my humble opinion, Elphaba is the strongest woman protagonist in fiction. So first, thanks for that. In Out Of Oz, Rain is seen as the second coming of Elphaba, by the characters and the readers, but they're very different. Was it difficult to temper how much of Elphaba you put into Rain?

message 24: by kell_xavi (new)

kell_xavi Q: Are there reasons behind the names for your characters? I found that some, such as Candle and even Rain, fit quite well in a strange way (you wouldn't necessarily think of it if it wasn't there). Was that done on purpose?

message 25: by Christina (new) - added it

Christina Q:What inspires your characters, and how do you make them seem so real?

message 26: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Q I love how Dorothy was in San fransico for the great earth quake! Was that in buam's Oz or just yours?

Milan~The Gummy Bear Princess!!!!~ OMG!!!! I LOVE WICKED!!!!!!

Milan~The Gummy Bear Princess!!!!~ Q: If there was a battle between the elphaba and glinda who would win?

message 29: by Ally (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ally The ending of Wicked the Musical was probably the only time I’ve ever been really happy to have an ending change in an adaptation. How did you feel about it, and did it influence the writing of the other books?

Milan~The Gummy Bear Princess!!!!~ Q: If you could have a miny domesticated version of any animal what would it be?

Shelby Hallenbeck Q: What story do you plan to re-invent next?

message 32: by Kammie (new) - added it

Kammie q any plans to do a book tour in buffalo or rochester,ny

message 33: by Soph (new)

Soph q What advice would you gie to young adults aspiring to become authors to make their dreams come true?

message 34: by Soph (new)

Soph *give

message 35: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Richardson q Out of all the books you have written, which is your favorite?

Shelby Hallenbeck Q: What are you currently reading?

message 37: by Kyle (new) - added it

Kyle Turpin Q: I would really love you autograph as Wicked changed my life. Is there anyway we can get signed copies of your books?

message 38: by Riff (new) - added it

Riff Has the video started? I can't see it. :(

Milan~The Gummy Bear Princess!!!!~ Q: If you could have a miny domesticated version of any animal what would it be?

Shelby Hallenbeck I think it's offline for all of us.

message 41: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Q: Let me start off by saying that I am a huge fan and I am always moved by your writing! So thank you for that. Can you please say that Gelphie is real? I know you have already made it clear, but I am dying to hear the words come out of YOUR mouth! Thanks again for writing!

message 42: by Logan (new)

Logan Monroe Where is Mr. Maguire? It says offline....

message 43: by Monica (new)

Monica it says its offline is it just me?

message 44: by Kristen (new)

Kristen it hasn't started yet, right?

message 45: by Kyle (new) - added it

Kyle Turpin What's Gelphie? Sorry, I haven't finished Out of Oz yet. :P

Shelby Hallenbeck It'll probably start pretty soon

message 47: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Free I can't see it either. It says "offline" if I press play. So i would guess it hasn't started yet.

message 48: by Ally (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ally it says offline for me too

message 49: by Logan (new)

Logan Monroe I hope it starts soon! Who's EXCITED??? Me!!!

message 50: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Brown Gregory's flight was a little delayed, so we'll be starting a few minutes late.

« previous 1 3 4