Will Grayson, Will Grayson Will Grayson, Will Grayson question

Favourite Quotes in the book?
Katie Katie Oct 31, 2011 10:43AM
I love this book, and it's definately one of the funniest I've ever read. I could go on for ages about all my favourite quotes; what are yours?
P.S. Any Nerdfighters out there? :)

"The idea is that for ten minutes, we forget tht we have feelings. And we forget about protecting ourselves or other people and we just say the truth. For ten minutes. And then we can go back to being lame" page 132. Honestly, I want to try this out on someone. Though everyone says will grayson's story was better than Will's, but I have to disagree. I have no real reason why... I just do.

“Some people have lives; some people have music.” I think that quote pretty much sums up my theory on life. I am a big Nerdfighter.

I loveeeee this book so much! Easily one of my favorites. Mainly because of the seriousness of it did not dull the humor in it, they accented each other so well! So I'm posting my two favorite quotes, one humorous, and one serious.

"While I am admittedly not an expert in zoology, I'm reasonable sure that mountain lions do not, in fact, respect everyone."

"me: you know what sucks about love?
o.w.g.: what?
me: that it's so tied to truth."

I dont have the book with me at the moment, but I like the bit when David's will is describing his experience with a girl and how he 'petted' her boobs. xD

Katie wrote: "I love this book, and it's definately one of the funniest I've ever read. I could go on for ages about all my favourite quotes; what are yours?
P.S. Any Nerdfighters out there? :)"

DFTBA yes!

"this is why we call people exes, i guess - because the paths that cross in the middle end up separating at the end. it's too easy to see an X as a cross-out. it's not, because there's no way to cross out something like that. the X is a diagram of two paths."

and

"Being in a relationship, that's something you choose. Being friends, that's just something you are."

" I wish I were someone else even though I know I'll never get away from what I've done and what's been to me"
I think everyone feels that at least once.

"still, what could i say? that i didn't just /feel/ depressed - instead, it was like the depression was the core of me, of every part of me, from my mind to my bones? that if he got blue, i got black?"

DFTBA.

"You're our yacht, bud. All the money that would have gone to a yacht, all the time we would have spent traveling the world? Instead, we got you. It turns out that the yacht is a boat. But you-you can't be bought on credit and you aren't reducible." & "I'm so proud of you that it makes me proud of me."
- Will Grayson's Father. (The first Will Grayson)

ITS NOT MY FAULT MY PARENTS OWN THE LARGEST COLLECTION OF BLACK SANTAS

"You like someone who can't like you back because unrequited love can be survived in a way that once-requited love cannot." I maybe 40 something but I so get this unfortunately.

"The part I enjoy most is not the doing, but the noticing. Noticing the way she smells like oversugared coffee, and the difference between her smile and her photographed smile, and the way she bites her lower lip and the pale skin of her lower back." From one two sentence quote you can see why someone fell in love. It's not just "fate" like in so many novels.

deleted member Jan 11, 2012 03:43PM   0 votes
How hard can it fucking be to successfully use a fake ID in this town? This is ridiculous! I won't stand for it. "No," I say, forcefully. "ID me."
"All right, man. If that's what gets your maracas shakin'."

deleted member Oct 01, 2013 03:32AM   0 votes
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can’t pick your friend’s nose.”

o.w.g: i love you, tiny cooper. although not in the same way that guy with the pink pants might love you.

I love this book-one of the better ones I've read recently. Hilarious and serious at the same time.

mom:i would scream and scream and scream. sometimes just noise. and sometimes curses - every curse you can think of.
me:i can think of a lot of them. did you ever scream 'shitmonger!'
mom:no, but...
me:'fuckweasel!'
mom:will--
me:you should try 'fuckweasel.' it's kinda satisfying.

“In my kind of falling, there’s no landing. There’s only hitting the ground. Hard. Dead, or wanting to be dead. So the whole time you’re falling, it’s the worst feeling in the world. Because you feel you have no control over it. Because you know how it ends.”

It's so sad but so relatable.