Book Geeks and Bookniks discussion

What We're Reading > 10/31 Happy Halloween!

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacey (new)

Stacey What's your favorite Halloween candy?
Do you or did you dress up this year?
What's your scariest movie?
Are you superstitious?
What are are you reading this week?

message 2: by Stacey (new)

Stacey What's your favorite Halloween candy? Milky Way

Do you or did you dress up this year? This year I did not. My kids want to go with their friends, not with their crazy dressed up parents. I don't understand, lol.

What's your scariest movie? Silence of the Lambs.

Are you superstitious? Not really, but if I'm in Vegas and certain numbers are working for me, I won't change them! In fact, if they start not working for me, I still won't change them.

I'm finishing up
The Astral: A Novel and Never Look Away: A Thriller

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) I like toffee!

I will be wearing my witches dress for the kids as I have decorated my porch with my witches and broomstick.

Misery

Not really superstitious

Finish The Bookman by Lavie Tidhar

message 4: by Melki (last edited Oct 31, 2011 11:41AM) (new)

Melki I'm allowed to eat all the Butterfingers and Almond Joys the boys get in their treat bags.

Won't be dressing up this year - at least not in public.

Though the Paranormal Activity movies have kept me on the edge of my seat, I still think the scariest movie is "The Exorcist".

I'm not at all superstitious - I love black cats and don't even notice when it's Friday the 13th...BUT, ever since I started Goodreads, I like to have an even number of friends. Don't know why...

I just read 3 horror stories in a row, so now I'll be taking a break from the scary stuff for a while. My current book is The Madonnas of Leningrad.

message 5: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen (gkonkler5) What's your favorite Halloween candy? Reeses
Do you or did you dress up this year? No
What's your scariest movie? What Lies Beneath
Are you superstitious? Sometimes
What are are you reading this week? Just finished The Lake of Dead Languages which was kind of nice Haloween read. Started The Thirteenth Tale.

message 6: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 95 comments Candy ? Anything w caramel. But I'm doing weight watchers so bought candy I don't like to hand out to the 5 trick or treaters I may get...lol. Dressing up? Nope! Favorite scary movie? I'm a wimp and dont watch them much bc I end up covering my ears so I don't jump. But the Descent and 28 days later ate terrifying ! Superstitious? No I love my black kitties! Reading? Just quickly reread Matched for the sequel this week and now back to The Radley's or The Marriage Plot

message 7: by Caroline (new)

Caroline  (caro7) What's your favorite Halloween candy? Reese's peanut butter cups

Do you or did you dress up this year? No, I don't dress up, but my daughters do.

What's your scariest movie? I won't watch scary movies, but the scariest of the ones I've seen is "The Frighteners."

Are you superstitious? No.

What are are you reading this week? I am still reading Cinderella Ate My Daughter: Dispatches from the Frontlines of the New Girlie-Girl Culture, and I also just began Raising Your Spirited Child. I am almost finished with Cinderella..., though.

message 8: by Sam (new)

Sam (ecowitch) | 157 comments What's your favorite Halloween candy? I'm currently scoffing some jelly sweets in the shapes of skulls, brains, pumpkins and bones!

Do you or did you dress up this year? Yup, went to a friends party in my usual witch's outfit (yes I actually have all the proper dress up stuff for said outfit)

What's your scariest movie? The Nightmare Before Christmas is my fav movie ever (does that count as scary even if I don't find it so?)

Are you superstitious? My head says no but the rest of me says yes very!

What are are you reading this week? I'm currently reading The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett and I'm still going with Bird Songs & Calls of Britain & Northern Europe by Geoff Sample.

I've also recently received Jake West - 'The Keeper Of The Stones' by M J Webb, which I made a start on yesterday and I'm thoroughly enjoying so far. I've also got the sequel, Jake West - Warriors of the Heynai, which I plan to read this week too.

message 9: by Mary (new)

Mary | 236 comments I like little Kit-Kats and Heath bars.

Nope, no dressing up -- just an orange t-shirt with jeans.

I'm not big on scary movies and can't even remember the last one I saw. Maybe "Misery"?

I'm superstitious at various times -- probably more OCD, usually involving numbers.

I'm about halfway through FALLING TOGETHER (Marisa de los Santos' new one) and loving her strong character development and beautiful word choices. If you like her style, it's vintage Marisa!

message 10: by Annika (new)

Annika What's your favorite Halloween candy? Butterfinger
Do you or did you dress up this year? not this year:)
What's your scariest movie? Silence of the Lambs
Are you superstitious? no

Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

message 11: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Annika wrote: "What's your favorite Halloween candy? Butterfinger
Do you or did you dress up this year? not this year:)
What's your scariest movie? Silence of the Lambs
Are you superstitious? no
What are are ..."

How far are you into Girl? I have it and waiting for the right time to savor it.

message 12: by Annika (new)

Annika Stacey - I've been doing the same thing cause it's just going to be so sad when I'm done. I'm about 150 pages in and I'm having a very hard time putting it down!

message 13: by Annika (new)

Annika I've gotta go get caught up on threads. I've been so MIA lately

message 14: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Butterfinger
No costume
"Ghost Story"
Yes
The Marriage Plot
It's been a long week already. I hope everyone had a good Halloween.

message 15: by Carol (new)

Carol (actutor) What's your favorite Halloween candy? Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
Do you or did you dress up this year? I haven't for years.
What's your scariest movie? The Birds.
Are you superstitious? Not really.
Pictures of You

message 16: by Elise (new)

Elise What's your favorite Halloween candy? M&Ms
Do you or did you dress up this year? No
What's your scariest movie? The Birds.
Are you superstitious? Not really.
Just started The Buddha in the Attic and I'm finishing up Henrietta Lacks.

message 17: by Annika (new)

Annika The Birds (and birds in general) still creep me out! When I was about 5, I was eating a hot dog at the zoo, and a big icky seagull (one of those big nasty looking ones) came and took the hot dog out of my hand. I've been freaked out by them since!:)