Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Lorraine's October Reads

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments I didn't read as much this month due to watching the Baseball Series.

Quiet, Please
Dispatches from a Public Librarian
by Scott Douglas
A quirky, funny book of a Librarian who works for a California library.
He describes his love/hate relationship with his job, his co-workers and the unusual patrons.
I thought it was humorous that the author and many of his co-workers considered mystery readers to be old people.
It was an okay read.

The Affair by Lee Child
In 1997, Reacher is still in the Army as a MP. He is sent to Mississippi to investigate murders of women near a military base. Book reveals why Reacher left the Army.

message 2: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments I'm looking forward to getting The Affair from the library. I'm down to #10 on the hold list.

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14214 comments Sorry about the end of the Rangers season, Lorraine. It was an amazing series, easier to watch for those of us without a home team in the mix. I am really looking forward to this new Reacher book!
Brakedrum wrote: "I didn't read as much this month due to watching the Baseball Series.
The Affair by Lee Child
In 1997, Reacher is still in the Army as a MP. He is sent to Mississippi to investigate murders of women near a military base. Book reveals why Reacher left the Army. "