Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Hero of the Month 2011 > Favorite Hero for October

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 9732 comments Mod
Who is your hero king for October?

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Joe Pike. Hands down for me! What a man!

The Watchman (Joe Pike, #1) by Robert Crais

message 3: by Spgmt *Paula* (new)

Spgmt *Paula* (spgmtPaula) At the moment Bones & Tate.

The BookChick  (thebookchick305) Bones always but Duncan, from the Vampires in America series, who's book will be out in two weeks. Yaay!

message 5: by Heather (last edited Nov 02, 2011 07:44PM) (new)

Heather (messybar) Still loving Roarke (can't get enough of him) from the In Death Series, especially in Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8) by J.D. Robb . He was beyond perfect throughout to our Eve.

Also, I had much love (and a little pining for one of my own) for Vito from Die For Me (book #7) (Daniel Vartanian, #1) by Karen Rose . A cop, sang his nephews to sleep, and compassionate. Not enough hero's like him lately. Must assuredly in my Top 10 hero list.

The BookChick  (thebookchick305) Heather wrote: "Still loving Roarke (can't get enough of him) from the In Death Series, especially in Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8) by J.D. Robb. He was beyond perfect throughout to our Eve.

Also, I had much love (a..."

Oh yes, Roarke is TDF. I wish I could find an über rich and sexy Irishman :).

* Kazzy * -aka Stryker- (KrazzyKaz) Bones for me too and Quinn (Riley Jensen Series)

* Kazzy * -aka Stryker- (KrazzyKaz) Spgmt *Paula* wrote: "At the moment Bones & Tate."

.. I see you've been converted and lost that picture you had in your head Paula! hee hee!

message 9: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) | 1084 comments Mod
I have a tie between

Keir of the Cat from Warlord (Chronicles of the Warlands, #3) by Elizabeth Vaughan

And

Reyes from First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones

message 10: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) | 1084 comments Mod
I love Vito, Heather!

message 11: by Heather (last edited Nov 02, 2011 07:44PM) (new)

Heather (messybar) ~Megan~ wrote: "I love Vito, Heather!"

He just about stole my heart while I was reading that book!!!

message 12: by Heather (new)

Heather (messybar) ~~Bookworm~~● wrote: "Oh yes, Roarke is TDF. I wish I could find an über rich and sexy Irishman :)."

We can share, okay? lol

message 13: by Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (last edited Nov 01, 2011 05:58AM) (new)

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (michmag) Since I read books again in my Guild Hunter & Vampires in America series my 2 favorite Raphaels still make the list.

But from new reads I will have to say Flynn from Willing Victim by Cara McKenna and Dmitri Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4) by Nalini Singh

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (sadstrumpetjenny) October was all about Terrible, which made October an amazing month. It's only been a day and I miss him already! Unholy Ghosts; Unholy Magic; City of Ghosts (Downside Ghosts Collection #1-3) by Stacia Kane

message 15: by Ally (new)

Ally | 75 comments I'd have to say Reyes too from First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones I can't wait to read the second book now!
Also Azriel from Darkness Unbound (Dark Angels, #1) by Keri Arthur

message 16: by The BookChick (last edited Nov 01, 2011 02:06PM) (new)

The BookChick  (thebookchick305) Heather wrote: "~~Bookworm~~● wrote: "Oh yes, Roarke is TDF. I wish I could find an über rich and sexy Irishman :)."

We can share, okay? lol"

Ummm...No. I'll arm wrestle you for him. LOL.

message 17: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 395 comments I really like Wraith from Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3) by Larissa Ione

message 18: by Heather (new)

Heather (messybar) ~~Bookworm~~● wrote: "Heather wrote: "~~Bookworm~~● wrote: "Oh yes, Roarke is TDF. I wish I could find an über rich and sexy Irishman :)."

We can share, okay? lol"

Ummm...No. I'll arm wrestle you for him. LOL."

I'm up for it. lol

message 19: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 175 comments Tammy wrote: "I really like Wraith from Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3) by Larissa Ione"

Oh this was a very good book. I read it a few weeks ago..

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (michmag) Tammy wrote: "I really like Wraith from Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3) by Larissa Ione"

Love Wraith - he was my favorite from this series.

* Kazzy * -aka Stryker- (KrazzyKaz) oooh yes Michelle/Carolyn I thought Wraith was hot!!

message 22: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I didn't like Wraith at first. But he really grew on me and I loved him by the end of the book.

message 23: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 175 comments I liked all 3 of the brothers Demi ( my personal labal) but I think Wraith was a bit boyish. Bad boy but a little..meh ompared to his brothers. IDK I think it was when I read it maybe. Still loved it though.

message 24: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I've found that Eidolon had to grow on me the most. I wasn't loving or hating him. Over the course of the books, I've really come to appreciate him. He cares about his family, and he has a cool head and a wonderfully analytical mind.

message 25: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 175 comments I agree. He seemed more grown up if that makes sense of course I could now ask who is the sexiest???

message 26: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I think that Lore and Wraith are probably the two brothers I find sexiest.

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (michmag) Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I've found that Eidolon had to grow on me the most. I wasn't loving or hating him. Over the course of the books, I've really come to appreciate him. He cares about his family, and he has a cool he..."

I agree Lady D. Eidolon grew on me more and more throughout the series.

message 28: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 395 comments I feel that way about Shade, I don't love him or hate him.

message 29: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I couldn't stand Shade in the first book, but he grew on me too.

message 30: by Ila (new)

Ila Jennifer wrote: "October was all about Terrible, which made October an amazing month. It's only been a day and I miss him already! Unholy Ghosts; Unholy Magic; City of Ghosts (Downside Ghosts Collection #1-3) by Stacia Kane"

oh my god Terrible was the best hero I've read about this year! so awesome!

think my favorite hero for October is Dante from
Inferno's Kiss

message 31: by Carolyn (last edited Nov 04, 2011 09:31AM) (new)

Carolyn | 175 comments I know I was late in reading it compared to..well the rest of the world but i finally read Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning and as you can guess Jerico Z Barrons is my hero. Hence why I got a bunch of pic's on my profile trying to find the perfect man for him..

Of course this will change this month :-D

* Kazzy * -aka Stryker- (KrazzyKaz) Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I couldn't stand Shade in the first book, but he grew on me too."

... I think most of the characters in this series took a while to 'get in to'... there was always something about Wraith and Shade though that caught my attention... I might have to re-read these soon!

message 33: by Wan (last edited Nov 06, 2011 09:47AM) (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 252 comments My October favorite heroes are:

of course Acheron Acheron (Dark-Hunter, #15) by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Hector from Dark Taste of Rapture (Alien Huntress, #6) by Gena Showalter .

message 34: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 252 comments Tammy wrote: "I really like Wraith from Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3) by Larissa Ione"

Wraith was my most faverite of the Demonica's brothers.

message 35: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 175 comments Just because I see a few people said they like certain men of the Demonica series I have a question...

What made you pick up the Demonica series and read it?

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (michmag) I think for me I found the first book as a special for my nook. I love PNR and thought it sounded interesting for like $2-$3 bucks so I thought I would give it a try. Demons were not my thing back then. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked the first book so I systematically bought all the available books and as soon as the next one was released I got that too. Now she has the spin off series Lords of Deliverance that flows from the last of the Demonica books and I am hooked on those too. Book 2 comes out in less than 2 weeks. Can't wait.

message 37: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 252 comments The Series was recommeded to me by my PNR/UF friends. I checked it out and it has high ratings. I read the 1-4 back to back. The 5th book I read it later but really like it. Love the whole series.

message 38: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 395 comments Carolyn wrote: "Just because I see a few people said they like certain men of the Demonica series I have a question...

What made you pick up the Demonica series and read it?"

Carolyn, for me it was something "new"...I'd read about vampires, werewolves, every kind of shifter, fae, the list goes on...but no demons, I honestly wasn't even sure I'd like demons but after reading the first one I was hooked.

message 39: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 175 comments I never read a book about demons so was rather reluctant to read anything about it. Then I was told about it by one of my PNR friends and was actually cracking up when she mentioned the "orgasmic sperm" I was like ya right! She told me to read the first one and I got hooked. Not so much for the sex scenxes (which are hot) but the whole "newness" as I never read a demon novel.
I find that I switch between historical romance to PNR to something far out.

message 40: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I bought it for my sister, who actually read more PNR than me initially. One day, I picked it up when I needed a book to read and totally got sucked in.

I think the worldbuilding is incredibly strong and appealing. Honestly, it appealed more than the characters, intially. I grew to like them too, and the rest is history. Normally, I don't like quite that much sex in my romances, but she integrated it perfectly with the story, and I respect her for that. I think Larissa Ione is a very strong writer.

message 41: by * Kazzy * -aka Stryker- (last edited Nov 11, 2011 02:44PM) (new)

* Kazzy * -aka Stryker- (KrazzyKaz) Carolyn wrote: "Just because I see a few people said they like certain men of the Demonica series I have a question...

What made you pick up the Demonica series and read it?"

I was in a book shop browsing Carolyn and truthfully it was the cover that attracted me to the first book... I liked it, so picked it up and read the blurb on the back and decided to give it a go. I was not privvy to the world of GR when I read them (few years ago now), so everything I read at that time was trial and error!

like you Danielle I loved the world building... it was just something really different, Underworld General caught my attention and kept it!

message 42: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Kazzy, the covers are really nice too!