Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Books split into parts

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mauro (last edited Oct 31, 2011 03:59AM) (new)

Mauro (mauromdc) | 37 comments What are the rules for combining books that are split into parts??

I mean, for example, The Count of Monte Cristo in some editions is divided in two volumes...Are these to be combined with the standard edition or should it be kept separately?

The problem is that sometimes for the different volumes, there are completely different parts (e.g, if and edition has 6 parts, part 2 is combined with part 2 of an edition that has just 2 parts, it would be completely different (continuing with this same book)

It's kind of a mess this situation but I can't think of any solution...maybe grouping all volumes of an edition and include the whole group in the santandard edition, like a subfolder or something like that...but still quite complicated...

(Sorry if this issue has been already discussed or it's perfectly clear in the rules but I didn't find it)

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 22801 comments Mauro, they should be kept separate.

If you know of the 2 of 6 part edition wrongly combined, please separate it and identify it as 2 of 6 and hopefully that will prevent it being re-combined.

message 3: by Mauro (new)

Mauro (mauromdc) | 37 comments What a mess, someone has merged nearly all second volumes of The Count of Montecristo with the whole book, so now there isn't any big group for volume 2 of 2...I'll try to work on it when I have time