The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials, #1) The Golden Compass discussion

What would your dæmon be?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 395 (395 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Badgerlord I liked the His Dark Materials books and oved the idea of dæmons. Whenever I wonder what mine would be, I always imagine it as an otter. Curious, funny loving, relaxed; yep, an otter's life is the life for me.

Anyone know what there dæmon would be?

george ☽ I would like something medium sized and dangerous... like a panther or something. I love the idea of dæmons and the fact that they can speak to you is even better!

Amanda White I have no clue. Something small but deadly. An otter with death fangs.

No I'm joking. Probably a Lynx?

message 4: by Elia (new)

Elia Probably a black cat. Kind of lazy and spoiled :)

Bara I think it would be a dog or wolf or even a fox.

Scott I don't know if it is still up, but the movie's official website had an app where you could get a daemon. I got a spider.

Gabriel I took the test on the movie website. Apparently, mine was a lioness called Jocasta.

message 8: by Tim (last edited Nov 10, 2011 02:29PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tim Mckinstry Yes the "meet your Daemon" quiz was really well made. A pity it was removed from the site.

If anyone finds it again, post the link.

message 9: by Tim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tim Mckinstry Perhaps the second most accurate test, after the long gone official test.

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-gold...

Michael I had a lynx during the official test (which was cool, because your friends could also answer questions about you, and it would change).

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

THe 3rd book made me cry. Was really RAWR(!) with these books but my deamon would be... a border collie.
A proud, intelligent dog who is certain what it's job is in life. But also...BORDER COLLIES ARE REALLY CUTE!

Glinda the Gallifreyan On the test Tim posted, I was a "Multi-Faceted Soul." So mine would change to be the oposite of what I was feeling, like calm and collected if I was feeling kinda ruffled. =]

MizziQ A cat. Like Will's I guess. I'd have a cat.

KaSonndra Leigh My daemon would be a butterfly because I can play on flowers and fly away when I feel threatened.

KaSonndra
www.kasonndraleigh.com

message 15: by Badgerlord (last edited Nov 10, 2011 10:39PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Badgerlord Tim wrote: "Perhaps the second most accurate test, after the long gone official test.

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-gold..."

this is a good test.

Funnily enough, I got a badger

message 16: by Bara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bara Ok, so I took the okcupid test and the result is I'm a multi-faaceted soul and one of the choices is a panda a big, cute bear which knows kung-fu (just joking)!
Either it is a reflection of my inner Asian (I'm Caucasian but otaku) or it mirrors my personality. Like big bear which is in reality total sweetie and me appearing weak but hopefully with some inner strenght?
(Kinda big difference from the cunning fox from movie test.)

message 17: by Huw (new) - rated it 4 stars

Huw Evans okcupid, stop picking on me! Me, curmudgeonly? I get to be a badger, a jackal (a much maligned creature) or a black bear. I could live with all three of those choices. Actually, I have always seen myself as a ferret - going down holes to see what is at the bottom and quite capable of defending myself if necessary. Just show you how wrong you can be, I suppose!

Elizabeth Jasper I took the test on the website and it turned out I was a Snow Leopard.

message 19: by Erin (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erin O'Riordan I think mine would be a shrew.

Rachel Multi-faceted soul, and I'd choose the wolf if I could pick any of the choices =) Tough choice between the koala and wolf, but a wolf would be more useful.

message 21: by Jim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jim Galford Ringtailed lemur. Long story.

message 22: by Tim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tim Mckinstry On the offical test, I ended up with a tigress. On the test I linked earlier I ended up with a Snowy Owl or a Snow leopard.

I'd be happy with any of the three.

Glinda the Gallifreyan Computer-five, Rachel! =]

Dylan A wolf or a dog like it or something like a hawk or raven. I like being with a small group of friends, but i also enjoy to be free and wander with at least one other.

Aedan Lake I can't access the test as I'm in the UAE and the site is blocked, but I have been reliably told by people I trust that mine would be some kind of a lizard. Which I'm cool with.

message 26: by Tim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tim Mckinstry Aedan wrote: "I can't access the test as I'm in the UAE and the site is blocked, but I have been reliably told by people I trust that mine would be some kind of a lizard. Which I'm cool with."

Did they say why they pictured your daemon as a lizard?

Michaella My demon could be a fox that has golden blond hair with a bit of red in it.

message 28: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 14, 2011 11:13PM) (new)

I guess I have too many choices. I guess I would also be a wasp. I would save all my anger for one person then sting them over and over and over...
I would also have an owl. A beautiful creature of the night and the dark. Able to fly and is Athena's animal. How can you NOT love owls?

*Kashi* A CROW, a Wolf or a Coqui!

message 30: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 15, 2011 04:27PM) (new)

I took a quiz thingie and got Ferret haha
here is the description: Your daemon is curious, sly, cunning, agile, playful, adventurous, intelligent, witty and affectionate. You daemon serves as your friend and partner in crime. Though usually preferring to manipulate situations to his or her advantage, your daemon can be very courageous when the need arises.
( http://www.gotoquiz.com/results/his_d... )
I also took a few other ones and got ferret over and over again.
Sounds like me.

message 31: by Tara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tara Result: Polar Bear. Your daemon is strong, powerful, protective, brave, noble, territorial, philosophical and quick to anger. Your daemon serves as your protector and guide - your enemies are his/her enemies. Your daemon often intimidates other people around you

Emily Donnellan On the OkCupid quiz I got Swan/Koala/Panada.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Emily wrote: "On the OkCupid quiz I got Swan/Koala/Panada."

I did that one, but didn't finish ... it was too long.

message 34: by Julia (new) - added it

Julia I got polar bear too. Which is actually pretty cool because my family calls me a polar bear, like my dad.

message 35: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz I got lion/orca/goldfinch etc (Regal Soul)
On another one I got a Horse. Go figure.

Trine On the official test I became an Ocelot, and I sort if think that suits me. On the test linked to here or the "OkCupid" quiz, I got these suggestions: Meerkat/Labrador Retriever/Sea Lion/Lemur (Fun Loving Soul).
I never thought about those but I can sort of picture the Lemur.
When I was younger I used to pretend I had a Dæmon and it was always able to transform like kids can, but it was usually a large cat. His name was Viljan :)

Christina A big cat or something!
A panther/lion/jagouar/cat....
or then something similar...

Sabine Reed Tiger or a sleek black panther.

Eilish I got Multi-faceted soul, Suggested forms: Swan, Elephant, Koala, Panda, Chameleon, Wolf.

Edward Lazellari I think a Beagle. But before settling, it might keep switching between that, a duck, and a cheetah.

message 41: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara A jack russell..never ever take no for an answer..and only do what you are told after being told it at least 3 times!!!

message 42: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Hah took the quiz and got "dog" was I right or what???

Christina Sara wrote: "Hah took the quiz and got "dog" was I right or what???"
I think people have dogs as dæmons when they are servants or something like that ;)

message 44: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara That would be about right,I think I would be the cleaner considering that's all I've done 2day lol!!

Christina lol :P right!

message 46: by Molly (last edited Nov 27, 2011 01:20PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Molly According to the test I just took:

"Your daemon's form would represent your calm, introverted nature, your cool logic, and your impatience with crowds of people. He or she would probably whisper ironic comments in your ear, give logical advice and try to hide his or her soft side from everyone, even you.

Suggested forms: Peregrine Falcon, Snowy Owl, Snow Leopard, Siberian Tiger, Osprey."

The number one answer was a barn owl though. I think it fits.

Here's the quiz is anyone is interested: http://helloquizzy.okcupid.com/tests/...

It's long but it's well thought out and fun.

Patricia Based on that quiz my suggested forms are Swan, Elephant, Koala, Panda, Chameleon, Wolf because I'm a multi-faceted soul aparently.
Based on the daemon personality analysis on http://www.daemonpage.com, I would be a Margay. The margay personality description kind of fits the multi-faceted soul description so I'm guessing I would probably have a margay daemon.

Gracie Mine would be an owl because there almost silent

message 49: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Molly wrote: "According to the test I just took:

"Your daemon's form would represent your calm, introverted nature, your cool logic, and your impatience with crowds of people. He or she would probably whisper ..."

Tried it was an opiniated soul..the result comments seemed a bit spot on..several birds suggested and a terrier lol...oh I was so right I am a human jack russell..happy with that!!!

Jessica A quiz I just took said it would be a butterfly, but they kind of scare me. I'd probably say I'd have a cat of some sort. I can be very social and kind, but I also like to be alone and I lash out. I need my space.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8