Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone discussion

ebook version

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JP (new) - added it

JP Capili is there no kindle or ebook version of this book on Amazon? It's so hard to find... please let me know if you see one.

Will IV There's no authorized ebook version yet. You can find unauthorized versions though, if you know where to look.

message 3: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee theoretically, the ebook versions are supposed to become available when pottermore is fully launches - but I read somewhere that this had been delayed - don't know the truth to that or not

Michael Well, the launch of the Pottermore site has been delayed, but the plan for the e-books was always to come later (next year).

Elia I heard somewhere that Amazon won;t be able to carry the e-books because Nook got erxclusive rights? Does anyone know if this is true?

Veljko Elia wrote: "I heard somewhere that Amazon won;t be able to carry the e-books because Nook got erxclusive rights? Does anyone know if this is true?"

Not true - at least the Nook part.
The books will be distributed by the site Pottermore, developed in collaboration with SONY. The ebooks were supposed to come pre-loaded on SONY's new line of readers (PRS T1) but the delay has led to the readers being released without the book - and some vague notice that buyers will receive coupons for future downloads.

In articles describing the venture (the Financial Times had most details, too tired right now to dig it out, but you can find it if you Google it), they made clear that the format of the release will be compatible with all major ebook readers (including the Kindle and the Nook) and that the ebooks will not be DRM protected, so you will be able to transfer them across devices.

There have been some rumors that the pages will be 'digitally watermarked' with the name of the purchaser so to discourage 'sharing' of ebooks, but I don't know whether that is true or not.

Joan{missing the vampire bunny slippers!} I have all 7 books in epub do you want them?

Shaina They aren't for sale legally as ebooks yet. Once pottermore gets their store up and running, supposedly early 2012, they will be available for all e-readers through pottermore. The release has already been pushed back once so I don't have much hope for a speedy release.